Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-14-2010, 10:51 AM   #29
Bewenched

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Bewenched Send a message via MSN to Bewenched
Yea, those battery tenders are great, we have a couple of them in the shop to keep our toys ready to go when when we wanna play.

I'm lucky to be in Texas and can drive mine most of the year, but I try to keep it out of the rain and bad weather.
Bewenched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 11:03 AM   #30
Sevn86

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS ABM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadweasel View Post
ditto I catch myself saying it to me, and I correct me! I had 2 el Caminos so I also quite commonly call it the el Camaro...
el camaro
Dude, you go through cars faster than I go through underware!!
1000 Initial Order 9/14/2009 - Classic Chevy Sugar Land
1100 Order accepted at dealer: 9/15/2009 - NPGV41.
2000 Order accepted by GM: 9/29/2009
3000 Accepted By Production Control: 9/30/2009 - TPW 10/26/09
3100 Sequenced:10/12/09
3300 Scheduled For Production:10/13/09
3400 Broadcast:10/22/09
3800 Produced:10/27/09
4000 Available To Ship:10/28/09
4200 Shipped:10/29/09
5000 Delivered To The Dealer:11/09/09
6000 Delivered To Customer:11/12/09
Sevn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 11:25 AM   #31
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
I use a Battery Sentinel, which is the same thing as a Battery Tender. It goes to true float stage when the battery is charged.
http://www.ineedparts.com/tools-and-...lt-3-amp-.html

I opened the access to the under hood post and with a self tapping screw I attached the Pos lead to the battery cable lug and the Neg lead under a screw on the mount. When not in storage I tie-wrap the this cable to the battery cable.
To store for the winter, I fill the tank, add Stabil, connect the Sentinel, plugged it into the wall, throw on the car cover,and come back in the spring. Did this with my '06 GTO for 3 winters, and the Camaro last winter. Never an issue. They always cranked right up in the spring.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 11:55 AM   #32
Steeler NY

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IBM Vert
I have been storing mine for years I pull the battery but you should still throw a charge on it once a month (and don't let it set on a concrete floor all winter). I did just leave battery in one year and it was dead in the spring ( the computer will continue to take power and run it dead) I also fill tank and use stable and put a piece of 1/4" ply wood under tires to prevent "flat spots" (make sure tires don’t hang off plywood) good luck!
Old 09-14-2010, 12:06 PM   #33
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
question

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc8411 View Post
Can we ban the term "maro"?
Do people actually say the word "Maro" out loud in Public in front of other people? or is it only used online, such as an abbreviation? (like stang, chally, maro ? vette? )

If someone approached me to talk about cars and said the word "maro", I would walk away.

If it's too hard for them to say three syllables. ca-ma-ro......
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 01:06 PM   #34
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kd4hey View Post
Best advice, just move SOUTH! LOL

I drive mine year 'round. The state of SC doesn't even buy salt, no need for it here!
They don't have to buy it, it blows in off the ocean...

Quote:
Please, I want to barf every time I hear that term... it's just lazy...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 01:35 PM   #35
RAdams
Car Guy

Drives: '08 Mustang GT, '01 Isuzu VehiCROSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadweasel View Post
ditto I catch myself saying it to me, and I correct me! I had 2 el Caminos so I also quite commonly call it the el Camaro...
Photoshop or it didn't happen.
RAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 01:39 PM   #36
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I don't have electricity in my garage and it isn't attached to the house, so I can't do a battery tender. Also, I have ******** box blocking access to the trunk from the back seat, so I can't crawl through to open the trunk that way. I guess I could take the battery in the house, but then I need to make sure the trunk doesn't close when I do.

I guess I was thinking I would just go out there every couple of weeks to start it and let it fun for 10 mins or so and move it a few feet to avoid flat spots on the wheels.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 03:05 PM   #37
racinron55

Drives: 2010 2ss Summit White
Send a message via AIM to racinron55
Just a question Im new to this too just bought mine a month or so ago and will be parked dec-mar and wasnt sure about taking the battery out completely or using a tender instead. I know the windows need to be reset is that only if the door is opened with the battery unhooked or is that period if the battery is unhooked from the car and the doors are even not opened without power?

2007 Regency Avalanche Custom faded Red/ Black Cherry CST 4" lift 33x12.50-20 Open Coutry Tires, RBP 94R Black/Chrome Wheels
racinron55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 03:16 PM   #38
johndawg
I'd rather be shooting...

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Black/Black
Send a message via AIM to johndawg
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTXrider View Post
Yes please
+1

The Official Photographer of the 2010, 2011 & 2012 Camaro5 Fests!!! www.theshuttergroup.com
johndawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 03:18 PM   #39
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I don't have electricity in my garage and it isn't attached to the house, so I can't do a battery tender.
Just get one of those inverters that convert battery to AC, plug in the Battery Tender, then connect to the battery. It should last forever

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 03:21 PM   #40
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
Last winter was the first winter I had my Camaro and I put it in storage in mid October and pulled it out around mid April. I don't remember the exact dates.

I ordered my Camaro and one of the options was the fitted car cover. The only thing I did with my Camaro was put the cover on it while it was in storage. When I pulled the car out of storage it started like it was driven the day before.

Now one thing I have read up on is ethanol separation. Ethanol is heavier than gasoline so it sinks to the bottom of the gas tank. Since ethanol attracts water I read that when a vehicle has been sitting for more than 60 days water can collect on the bottom of the gas tank and when you first start it the engine can suck up water and really mess up your engine. So this year I am going to put an additive into my fuel to make sure this doesn't happen.

Russ
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 03:29 PM   #41
robertgss3
Super Bee

Drives: 2010 Camaro ABM and Sunrise Gold
Quote:
Plus one on that!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/album.php?albumid=3271&pictureid=24300
robertgss3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 06:20 PM   #42
011silver 2SS

Drives: 2011 2ss inlaid silver seats a6
OK OK,,,,, i wont type (maro),,i hate typin and it was just quicker. wont happen again.. yes to closing the trunk,,i can crawl thru the seat to trunk but didnt want to. i didnt know there was a hook up under the hood,,dont have my car yet. its cold here and for those fair climate guys,, cold will kill a battery,, even a decent one when siting dormant. we northerners usually pull the batterys out of the lawnmowers etc,,and anything else that will be sittin for a while. i,m glad to hear about the under hood terminals,. . i will also be putting stabil in and jacking car up to take care of tires. i usually use armor all on the rubber to keep it protected and to avoid any dry rot.. we have salt, and lots of it in upstate ny, and when the snow or sleet comes the car goes up. wish i could drive it all winter. thx dan.
011silver 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote