Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-07-2013, 03:18 PM   #85
ShadowPuppet
REDYRNOT

Drives: "Fawkes" - 2016 GRT 2SS Convertible
I just bought a manual last Sunday haha... think of this bonus: most of your friends won't ask to drive it

ShadowPuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:34 PM   #86
SuperSport2011

Drives: 2011 camaro 2ss/rs rally yellow L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by JN3WMN View Post
LOL...so you're basically admitting that you let other people's opnions influence your decision making. That's sad my friend. You decided to "grow balls" by getting a manual?? LMAO. If your car is the only thing in your life that makes you feel like a man, then you must lead a sad sad life.

You might as well & take it if you allow others to influence what makes you happy in life.
and that's the sad reality there are so many people that were happy with their V6/autos and V8/autos but down the line they let people get to them and now they drive a manual and have a additional 10k debt for the ''upgrade'', I guess there is no price on a man’s pride.

...also I don't have a problem with people that drive manual cars, all the power to you. I'm only 25 and I'm sure I'll own a few manual cars before my time but I just don't understand how people go out there ways to insult your choice. I was at a gas station and another older gentlemen [in his 40s] came beside me in a V6 manual, we talk for a bit and he told me that I should go to a place he knows where they do drag racing, I said ''yea that sounds cool''. Then he asked me if my car was manual I said ''no it's an auto'', he goes oh no ''you have to have a manual why would you get an auto, you can't race''. I could have said ''well why would you buy a V6'' but I just kept it to myself and just said okay sir one day when I have a manual I'll come by. Even when he gave me a low blow I still couldn't insult him, I just didn't see a point to knock his choice. I dunno I might be weird but that's just me.
- Kooks high flow cats - Borla atak 2.5" cat back exhaust - Dyno tune - AFM delete - 94 octane tune - Vitesse paddle shifters - Blacked out rims - Costum painted engine cover - T3 stripes - GM locking gas cap
SuperSport2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:35 PM   #87
ShadowPuppet
REDYRNOT

Drives: "Fawkes" - 2016 GRT 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSport2011 View Post
and that's the sad reality there are so many people that were happy with their V6/autos and V8/autos but down the line they let people get to them and now they drive a manual and have a additional 10k debt for the ''upgrade'', I guess there is no price on a man’s pride.

...also I don't have a problem with people that drive manual cars, all the power to you. I'm only 25 and I'm sure I'll own a few manual cars before my time but I just don't understand how people go out there ways to insult your choice. I was at a gas station and another older gentlemen [in his 40s] came beside me in a V6 manual, we talk for a bit and he told me that I should go to a place he knows where they do drag racing, I said ''yea that sounds cool''. Then he asked me if my car was manual I said ''no it's an auto'', he goes oh no ''you have to have a manual why would you get an auto, you can't race''. I could have said ''well why would you buy a V6'' but I just kept it to myself and just said okay sir one day when I have a manual I'll come by. Even when he gave me a low blow I still couldn't insult him, I just didn't see a point to knock his choice. I dunno I might be weird but that's just me.
+1 to you sir

ShadowPuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:36 PM   #88
Bewenched

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Bewenched Send a message via MSN to Bewenched
Nope. Never.
Bewenched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:50 PM   #89
CRTZL1
Banned

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Do I regret it no.. my car is sweet in paddle mode with the add ons I have. With that said if I trade in for a ZL1 or 1LE I will be going back to stick, more then likely.... will have to if I go with the 1le,obviously...

Oh and to the one guy who said he had an auto and now a stick and his stick has way more punch... I call bull, come take a ride in my non supercharged, bolted on, jannetty tuned L99 and I guarantee you you'll get your punch that is only there in your LS3...Lol!!
CRTZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:01 PM   #90
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder View Post
If you get an auto you will be limited to an amount of power you can add before you need a tranny re-build (expensive). In manual you can do a lot of burnouts easily and other cool tricks. My last car was a twin turbo Audi w/ shifters and it was an auto. I regret having a sports car with an auto transmission. So when I bought the camaro I had to go with manual.
whats the horse power limit for an auto....
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:04 PM   #91
2010 yellow 2ss/rs

Drives: 2011 inferno orange 2ss/rs
If I had it to do over again I would have gone with the stick.
2010 yellow 2ss/rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:08 PM   #92
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder View Post
If you get an auto you will be limited to an amount of power you can add before you need a tranny re-build (expensive). In manual you can do a lot of burnouts easily and other cool tricks. My last car was a twin turbo Audi w/ shifters and it was an auto. I regret having a sports car with an auto transmission. So when I bought the camaro I had to go with manual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
whats the horse power limit for an auto....
I'm interested in knowing that myself. Autos seem to handle the power better. I'm getting pretty far up there with lots of 1/4 mile passes on this little 6L50E and it's still kicking and punching just fine.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:14 PM   #93
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by JN3WMN View Post
Maybe you need to get more sleep at night if you're always falling asleep behind the wheel.
i was thinking the same thing
Old 03-07-2013, 04:19 PM   #94
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
You cannot judge the 5th gen Camaro's automatic from driving other cars with automatics. I have and they really are not comparable... I can understand those that had an automatic 5th gen Camaro that traded for a manual saying yes they regretted it but if you haven't owned a 5th gen Camaro automatic you don't really have a dog in this hunt...
agreed...this car isnt their moms sunfire
Old 03-07-2013, 04:22 PM   #95
Vangres
Timed Rage

Drives: Mercedes Benz 300 C sport
Love my auto and if I would die and come back to life, I would still love my auto
Vangres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:31 PM   #96
rontammy0
Account Suspended

seems like the manual guys think that all the automatic guys have never driven manual cars,reading this thread,and all the others most of the automatic guys have driven many stick cars....so you can quite stating the same old facts...we get it...i love manual v8 cars, i have an auto..its what i want...also wanted inferno orange..got it..white stripe..got it..black interior..got that as well, thanks for your opinions
Old 03-07-2013, 04:38 PM   #97
FTWTX

Drives: 2012 SS 45th Anniversary Edition
I’m 54 and I’ve had manuals in the past and enjoyed them. At my age I didn’t want to stand on a clutch in stop and go traffic, so I went with an auto. The paddle shifters are cool and give me the option to control the shifts.
FTWTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:14 PM   #98
DagoCountyGee

Drives: '15 SS
Tested the auto and I hated it. Sales guys tried to feed this bs that paddles are the way to go. It's not the same as a true manual.
DagoCountyGee is offline   Reply With Quote