Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 11-19-2009, 12:19 PM   #2689
MrIcky

Drives: Dodge Ram Megacab & Cobalt SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jekel View Post

I guess my point is longevity and consistency Texas, Florida, Alabama and OU have been consistent for years. and yes you can make a case for one game each year that these teams have struggled through or even lost but overall the talent and depth. Neither of these three teams are in the top 50 in recruiting with Cinn being 53, Boise State at 82 and TCU at 86. While I certainly admire these programs for excelling with less talented players, there is no way possible for them to compete week in and week out in either of these conferences. JMHO
I'd just say that if these teams were in the SEC, their recruiting would de facto jump to top 50 just for being in the SEC. I don't know as much about the other 3 teams but as far as BSU goes, I'd say their coaching is on par with anyone-if they could recruit they'd be staggering. BSU is running like 88 and 4 for 5 years which you can't do on your starters only.

The SEC doesn't play SEC quality teams week in and week out, they actually seek out some pretty weak OOC.

I am the first to admit that BSU can't take Texas, Florida, or Alabama. Neither can anyone else in the SEC I do think they could play with the rest of the SECs teams though. And I don't care about Oregon because we beat them too.
MrIcky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 12:28 PM   #2690
chrisgalles
TEXAS FIGHT!

Drives: Awesome
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
Vince had one great game, and it happened to be on a big stage. He has worked out in the NFL exactly how I figured he would. Minus his mom calling in and him breaking down in tears. Can't predict that shit.
Really?? Just 1? Vince did what he did in that game what he did through out his career.

Also, it wasn't just on the 'big stage'...it was the National Championship against, "The Greatest Team of All-Time". Pete Carroll had a full month to prepare for Vince and still they couldn't stop him. I know that it irks the Gator fans that a Texas player had the best performance in the history of the game and not Tebow...maybe he will get his chance to try in January
chrisgalles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 01:33 PM   #2691
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisgalles View Post
Really?? Just 1? Vince did what he did in that game what he did through out his career.

Also, it wasn't just on the 'big stage'...it was the National Championship against, "The Greatest Team of All-Time". Pete Carroll had a full month to prepare for Vince and still they couldn't stop him. I know that it irks the Gator fans that a Texas player had the best performance in the history of the game and not Tebow...maybe he will get his chance to try in January
Irk is not the word. Unless irk is an adjective used to describe the pain I get in my side from laughing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrIcky View Post
I'd just say that if these teams were in the SEC, their recruiting would de facto jump to top 50 just for being in the SEC. I don't know as much about the other 3 teams but as far as BSU goes, I'd say their coaching is on par with anyone-if they could recruit they'd be staggering. BSU is running like 88 and 4 for 5 years which you can't do on your starters only.

The SEC doesn't play SEC quality teams week in and week out, they actually seek out some pretty weak OOC.

I am the first to admit that BSU can't take Texas, Florida, or Alabama. Neither can anyone else in the SEC I do think they could play with the rest of the SECs teams though. And I don't care about Oregon because we beat them too.
I would put BSU on the same level as team's like LSU.... They can't take down the elite teams, but they can handle everyone else.

PS. Fun fact for the Texas boys. Colt McCoy has the lowest completion % of any QB in NCAA D1 football for passes beyond 15 yards.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 02:06 PM   #2692
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Quote:

I am not trying to slight any program, would never do that and I have no doubt that their recruiting numbers would go up if they were in a bigger conference. I know on any given Saturday your team can lose, I remember Louisiana Monroe 2007.

But I personally do not think that if you do not play tough teams throughout the year, and you really don't know who they are till they end of the year that you should not play for the National Championship. I guess what I am saying is that TCU, Cinn, and Boise State would not be underfeated if they played in the SEC or BIG 12, it's hard enough for Florida and Bama and as of yet still has not been accomplished this year.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 02:32 PM   #2693
MrIcky

Ya I don't disagree with that. I don't think numbers 4-7 are championship material. I think they're bowl material though. My educated guess would put a team like TCU or BSU at 4-2 in conference and 7-4 overall with a BIG 12 type schedule (I think the SEC pads it's OOC games) all things being equal this year. Not necessarily the conference champs but good enough that they win a few and no one takes them for granted. I certainly don't think they're the best thing since sliced bread, I just don't think it's fair to say that they couldn't even play with a big league conference.

*edit* and Pac 10 I can see them at 5 and 1 in conference with much better recruiting access- that's where I'd like BSU to be.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:47 PM   #2694
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jekel View Post
ROLL TIDE ROLL, Ramma Jamma Yella Hamma, GIVE'EM HELL ALABAMA

You know it is very intersting about some of the comments about 4,5 6 & 7 of the BCS. I do not think anyone of them could play a season in the SEC or BIG 12.
Awe. You gave us B12 guys a shout out.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:51 PM   #2695
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Ya I don't disagree with that. I don't think numbers 4-7 are championship material. I think they're bowl material though. My educated guess would put a team like TCU or BSU at 4-2 in conference and 7-4 overall with a BIG 12 type schedule (I think the SEC pads it's OOC games) all things being equal this year. Not necessarily the conference champs but good enough that they win a few and no one takes them for granted. I certainly don't think they're the best thing since sliced bread, I just don't think it's fair to say that they couldn't even play with a big league conference.

*edit* and Pac 10 I can see them at 5 and 1 in conference with much better recruiting access- that's where I'd like BSU to be.
I'd love for them to be in the PAC 10. But I don't think they will go for it.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 03:40 PM   #2696
chrisgalles
TEXAS FIGHT!

I think there needs to be a realigning of all the conferences. I'd love to add TCU to the Big 12. I'd love to see BSU go to the Pac 10. I think all the conf. should have a conf championship.
Old 11-19-2009, 03:48 PM   #2697
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
I think there needs to be a realigning of all the conferences. I'd love to add TCU to the Big 12. I'd love to see BSU go to the Pac 10. I think all the conf. should have a conf championship.
which feeds into a playoff that has "wildcards" for smaller or even DII schools to have a shot at the title.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 03:52 PM   #2698
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Yup. Add TCU and dump Baylor.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:00 PM   #2699
chrisgalles
TEXAS FIGHT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
which feeds into a playoff that has "wildcards" for smaller or even DII schools to have a shot at the title.
Evidently...that is just too much for the big wigs who run college football. I would like to see a 16 team playoff but would even settle for an 8 team playoff right now.

Bracket #1
Florida vs LSU

TCU vs Cincinnati

Bracket #2
Alabama vs Georgia Tech

Texas vs Boise State

I would love to see how something like this would pan out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Yup. Add TCU and dump Baylor.
I've been saying that for awhile now.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:05 PM   #2700
CamaroSue

Drives: 2019 Corvette GS, 2023 ZL1
Quote:
LOL, good luck to you- I should have also mentioned 50% of the posts in this thread are Zeus offering his flower to Tebow. Then 20% are PQ keeping the dream alive. An additional 28% are split between Texas, Alabama, and Georgia. I've got maybe 1% (go BSU)...so you may have some typing to do to get your Bearcats caught up on this thread.
Now thats funny!!!!
Old 11-19-2009, 04:12 PM   #2701
MrIcky

Quote:
I could really get behind something along these lines.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:20 PM   #2702
PQ
Booooosted.

Florida would lose 4 games a year in the Big 12.

What really needs to happen is to replace Oklahoma, Texas, Okie State and TT with the NFC west.