Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 06-15-2013, 02:07 PM   #1
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
First Look: Microfiber Madness

Some of the guys over at Detailer's Playground mentioned that CarPro USA is now carrying the german towel line, Microfiber Madness. These towels are supposed to dominate other towels based on what I've read. I *think* this is the first time they've been sold in the U.S., but I could be wrong.

I jumped in headfirst and ordered the line.

(2) Crazy Pile 500 g/m2
(2) Yellow Fellow 300 g/m2
(1) Summit 800 800 g/m2
(1) Dry Me Crazy 1200 g/m2
(1) Incredimitt

Name:  IMG_20130615_134649 (Small).jpg
Views: 2932
Size:  92.8 KB

They're in the wash right now getting ready for use, but some initial impressions based on just feel and construction:

Yellow Fellow- These are making me a little nervous. They're very similar to those yellow towels you get in clay kits. They're a little denser and thicker, but same idea. A little rough to the touch right now. Hopefully the wash helps.

Crazy Pile- These towels have me super excited. They're like Zaino BB on steroids. Ridiculously soft, borderless, a little thicker than a BB and longer nap. These could be excellent.

Summit 800- Extremely dense and thick towel. Very solid construction. Hopefully softens up a touch in the wash, but this towel could be a workhorse.

Dry Me Crazy- Think of what it would be like if Adam's made a "Quad Soft" towel, but bigger (25x17). This thing is incredibly soft, ridiculously thick and dense. They say it can dry an entire car without ever wringing it out. We'll see.

Incredimitt- Nothing special about this on first glance. Nice looking blue and white MF pile. Nice and soft, cool embroidered logo on the cuff.

TESTING:

DRYING

Dry Me Crazy Towel: Easily the most absorbent thing I've ever put on my paint. It's more like a vacuum than a towel. You just have to get it near water, and it cowers in fear and jumps into the towel. Ok, I'm exaggerating, but it's super absorbent. Extremely soft, too. I pooled the water off the car then folded this towel in quarters. I dragged it across a panel and 95% of water comes off. Then you flip it and another drag gets the remaining water off. I was EASILY able to do my entire car and the towel didn't even feel more than damp. I bet I could do two cars easily with one towel and no wringing. Very, very, very good.

WASHING INCREDIMITT
Wow, can't say enough about this wash mitt. Drags across the paint as smoothly as wool, but holds tons of soap like a foam pad or MF. My one gripe with wool mitts is they hold a lot of water, but don't seem to transfer suds the way a pad or MF mitt does. This is easily the best MF mitt I've ever used. It has very thin fibers that really hold soap and massage the paint. One thing I was impressed with is that I took my hand and tried to pull out fibers and couldn't. Construction is top-notch so you don't need to worry about it leaving fibers behind. If it holds up after a few rounds threw the laundry, this will replace my Wookie Mitt as the go-to.

WAX REMOVAL
I tried all three of these towels removing a layer of Pete's 53 Carnauba.

Yellow Fellow 7/10- Surprisingly effective at removing wax. The short nap picked up wax very quickly and the towel glides across very nicely. One con is that the short nap does get clogged with wax pretty quickly, so you have to flip the towel often and would need a few of these.

Summit 800 5/10- This one performed the worst for this task. It did the job, but required more passes to get a clean finish. It was able to hold a lot of wax before becoming ineffective, though.

Crazy Pile 10/10- Full-blown man-crush starts now. This towel buffed wax with the greatest of ease and is so soft you have absolutely no concerns over marring the finish. Took the least amount of effort of any of the three, and the long nap was able to hold a ton of wax before needing to flip. Absolutely flawless performance.

DETAIL SPRAY
After removing the wax, I decided to test detail spray use with these three towels. I spritzed two sprays of DS on a panel and tested each towel for ease of spread and amount of buffing to dry.

Yellow Fellow 4/10- Not really the best towel for this. Kind of pushes the DS around more than spreading and picking it up. The short nap also makes me incredibly nervous if there were any dust. Will work, but look elsewhere for you DS needs.

Summit 800 8/10- An excellent performer. Quickly spread and buffed to a clear finish. The density and absorbency means it will be able to hold up well if you were doing a DS or WW on an entire car. I have a feeling this towel would be insanely good with rinseless wash (but I don't do that so don't expect a test).

Crazy Pile 10/10- Man crush deepens. Took 1/2 the swipes to get a clear finish. You might waste more product as the long fibers probably soak up a lot of DS quicker, thus not spreading it as far. The deeper fibers also would make me more confident on a dusty vehicle as there is more room for debris to get off the surface of the towel.

Last edited by CamaroDreams07; 06-16-2013 at 09:25 PM.
CamaroDreams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 02:19 PM   #2
Tecca

Drives: ...
Sweeeet, I am anxious to see your review on the crazy pile.
Tecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 02:21 PM   #3
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Old 06-15-2013, 02:28 PM   #4
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

Drives: 2011 IOM 1LT RS M6
Are they dry already?

How about now?... ok!

How about now?....... ok!

How about now???
Monchy36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 02:29 PM   #5
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monchy36 View Post
Are they dry already?

How about now?... ok!

How about now?....... ok!

How about now???
Lol. You're easily one of my favorite members on here. Crack me up
Old 06-15-2013, 03:18 PM   #6
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Curious to hear your thoughts on these towels. Corey only picks up very good stuff so I have high expectations!

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 03:30 PM   #7
camaro2ssblack

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS - Black on Black
Very cool. The crazy pile and dry me crazy sound nice.
Old 06-15-2013, 04:14 PM   #8
ChadG

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LS
Can't wait to hear about these . . . I finally got 3 Zaino Borderless Blondes and was really impressed so if they are even better . . . boing!
ChadG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 04:20 PM   #9
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadG View Post
Can't wait to hear about these . . . I finally got 3 Zaino Borderless Blondes and was really impressed so if they are even better . . . boing!
Just took them out of the drier. The crazy pile makes the zaino feel like sandpaper. Not even kidding. Still have yet to actually use them but unless they completely lint up or something...looking good.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-15-2013, 04:22 PM   #10
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

Drives: 2011 IOM 1LT RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
Lol. You're easily one of my favorite members on here. Crack me up
Just so you know i was looking how far you are from me because i was thinking do a road trip to get a VIP detail class with the... DETAIL SENSEI!!!
Monchy36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 04:36 PM   #11
charlietuna

Drives: 2013 ZL1
GO detail spray your car now!!!! use the "crazy pile"
Old 06-15-2013, 04:40 PM   #12
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlietuna View Post
GO detail spray your car now!!!! use the "crazy pile"
My car is WAY too dirty for that. I'm hoping the rain clears up this evening so I can wash it.
Old 06-15-2013, 04:46 PM   #13
OVERPAR73
2018 Garnet Red ZL1 conve

Drives: 2013 & 2018 ZL1 vert
Where did you get the pile?
Old 06-15-2013, 04:46 PM   #14
charlietuna

Drives: 2013 ZL1
f it go detail a counter top with it ....... a got a couple of c notes burning a hole in my pocket