Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 08-20-2013, 09:53 PM   #43
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
tell them you want to speak to the owner. dont bother with the managers. unless its one of those big stores were the owner or owners dont live near by. Be polite to the guy you talk to and just tell him thanks but I dont believe you can help me with this problem. Then tell the owner what has happened and tell him you are returning the car bottom line. no deals. if He says he cant do that then politely tell him you will contact your lawyer and will take him to court. Then immediately call a lawyer or better yet call before you go. Sometimes just a lawer contacting the dealership might work Get all damage documented. did they give you a receipt for the damages? Get pictures of everything every thing immediately and dont drive the car. you dont want to put miles on it. Did you drive the car home if not dont. have some one take pictures of it on there lot. They mite object to it but to bad take pictures anyway.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:01 PM   #44
burton227

Drives: 2010 Camaro Yellow w/ Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
tell them you want to speak to the owner. dont bother with the managers. unless its one of those big stores were the owner or owners dont live near by. Be polite to the guy you talk to and just tell him thanks but I dont believe you can help me with this problem. Then tell the owner what has happened and tell him you are returning the car bottom line. no deals. if He says he cant do that then politely tell him you will contact your lawyer and will take him to court. Then immediately call a lawyer or better yet call before you go. Sometimes just a lawer contacting the dealership might work Get all damage documented. did they give you a receipt for the damages? Get pictures of everything every thing immediately and dont drive the car. you dont want to put miles on it. Did you drive the car home if not dont. have some one take pictures of it on there lot. They mite object to it but to bad take pictures anyway.
Alright thanks for the advise that is exactly what I will do. I really hope it doesn't come to a lawyer tho because I am only 20 and really don't want to go into all of that. I really hope that I can get them to just be I'm sorry to hear that and yada yada and hopefully all I will be out is license and tax
burton227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:18 PM   #45
The Beard

Drives: 2013 2SS HWSE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by burton227 View Post
Yeah I have the copy of it but I just hate how vague it is! It leaves way too many loop holes. It just says:

1. 2 new rear tires

2. Fix paint chips +replace bowtie

3. Put on emblems + decals

So now that the emblems and such are installed I now need to go back to get the transformers logo reapplied because they put it on wayyyy too low. I'm not quite sure why they put it so low as I have never seen one put on in any other place but directly below the camaro logo. I just hope it can be done without any damage and more unneeded time consumption.
Whoever put those Transformer logos was being a smart ass! Sorry you're having to deal with idiots like that.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:26 PM   #46
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
you're only 20! you will need a lawyer. there going to try to intimidate you and they won't think you will get a lawyer. they will bank on you giving up. Get one. Ask the lawyer if the dealer will pay your fees. They should. The overspray can be fixed with a lot of work. it won't affect the factory paint. I don't know what I was thinking when I said it can't be fixed. They probably cant do it as they seem to have the paint knowledge of a drunken teenager with a case of beer and a case of spray paint painting a 87 honda in the driveway. The bumper can be repaired by a different shop. you're in for a hard time.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:32 PM   #47
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
You will never get to the owner. That ain't a mc shop...the general manager is your best bet.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:17 AM   #48
burton227

Yeah i was going to just go to the gm and express my complete and utter dissatisfaction. I am very disappointed because this was my dream car and now I am just completely done and want nothing to do with it. I'm not even sure if I ever want to buy from chevy ever again just from this one bad experience. I just want it to be over and done and gone. :/
Old 08-21-2013, 08:19 AM   #49
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Hello burton227,

I would definitely like to assist in a resolution to this issue. If you could please send a private message with your name, address, phone number, VIN, vehicle mileage, and name of involved dealership, I can speak with your dealership regarding the situation. Thank you!

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by burton227 View Post
Yeah i was going to just go to the gm and express my complete and utter dissatisfaction. I am very disappointed because this was my dream car and now I am just completely done and want nothing to do with it. I'm not even sure if I ever want to buy from chevy ever again just from this one bad experience. I just want it to be over and done and gone. :/
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:30 PM   #50
burton227

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Hello burton227,

I would definitely like to assist in a resolution to this issue. If you could please send a private message with your name, address, phone number, VIN, vehicle mileage, and name of involved dealership, I can speak with your dealership regarding the situation. Thank you!

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care
thank you! pm sent