Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 02-08-2010, 06:56 PM   #57
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
No one will ever do what Bradshaw did and why he is #1, no one can break his record of 2 in a row, 2 years apart for 4 total.

wobble passes or not, he called the shots and that what got it done.
QB are rarely allow to think for themself anymore and why no one will ever do what he did.

That is why he is #1, all other records can be broken but his never will.
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:04 PM   #58
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndgenz28 View Post
No one will ever do what Bradshaw did and why he is #1, no one can break his record of 2 in a row, 2 years apart for 4 total.

QB are rarely allow to think for themself anymore and why no one will ever do what he did.

You are exactly right, Bradshaw rocks
Steelers 6 Time SuperBowl Champions, best ever
2010 SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:19 PM   #59
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndgenz28 View Post

Terry Bradshaw never set any 'untouchable' record, he wasn't nearly good enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS View Post
You are exactly right, Bradshaw rocks
Steelers 6 Time SuperBowl Champions, best ever

Did you hear about that endorsement deal Terry Bradshaw turned down?

yea, me neither.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 06:33 AM   #60
2010 SSRS

4 SuperBowl rings says it all
Bradshaw didn't have to depend on his kicker to win all his SuperBowls.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:37 AM   #61
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Quote:
4 SuperBowl rings says it all
Bradshaw didn't have to depend on his kicker to win all his SuperBowls.
No he had to depend on his defense, running game and swann.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:14 AM   #62
2010 SSRS

you forgot Stallworth and Rocky, c'mon now,
"6 time SB champs"
Old 02-09-2010, 10:44 AM   #63
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

This would be much less bothersome if you were kidding, or if Bradshaw really was as good as you think he is
Old 02-09-2010, 10:54 AM   #64
2010 SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
This would be much less bothersome if you were kidding, or if Bradshaw really was as good as you think he is
Don't bother then, Bradshaw is one of the greatest.
"Here We Go Steelers"
So who is your NFL team.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:04 AM   #65
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Quote:
Don't bother then, Bradshaw is one of the greatest.
"Here We Go Steelers"
So who is your NFL team.
Dolphin's, but the NFL sucks compared to NCAA so I only watch the playoffs
Old 02-09-2010, 11:29 AM   #66
2010 SSRS

[QUOTE=Zeus;1465142]Dolphin's, but the NFL sucks compared to NCAA so I only watch the playoffs[/QUOTE

Dolphins, that's cool, I think Henne will be an awesome QB if they let him loose next season.
I have not been to happy with the NFL either, these rule changes are getting crazy.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:31 AM   #67
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

[QUOTE=2010 SSRS;1465228]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
Dolphin's, but the NFL sucks compared to NCAA so I only watch the playoffs[/QUOTE

Dolphins, that's cool, I think Henne will be an awesome QB if they let him loose next season.
I have not been to happy with the NFL either, these rule changes are getting crazy.
I don't know if he is the future or not..... He certainly has the arm, but I don't think he has the noodle.
Old 02-15-2010, 01:51 PM   #68
BlackSunsine

Drives: 1967 Custom Camaro
YES!!!

ELWAY is #1!!

Awesome!

1967 Chevrolet Camaro (1983)
2004 Harley Davidson Road King(2004)
Ex 2001 Chevrolet Tahoe (2007) (Totaled Labor Day)
2004 Chevrolet Tahoe (Thursday)

2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS(2009)

Colorado Fall - Beautiful - Cool - Snow is soon!!!
BlackSunsine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:39 AM   #69
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Manning is good, but not THAT good. If he wins tomorrow and plays a couple more years at the same level, I'll put him at the top of my list.
Bump to say that he LOST, and this year was a terrible year. I stand by what I said here a year ago and I think that if Brady wins it all this year, I bump him to number one.

He is having maybe the best year of his career. And they got rid of a future HOFer.

And Brady has had anytning but a perenial pro-bowl offensive roster.

And GTAHVIT will be sporting big fat Tom Brady/Patriots sticker on his back window in April.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:22 AM   #70
mrray13

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Well, I guess I will give my top 5.

1. John Elway. He gets the edge because out of most of the list, he's the only one who played in the elements and still made the list. Imagine if he had played more games in the warm weather and had HOF type recievers. He only leaned on the running game toward the end. But make no mistake, the Broncos went as far as Elway would take them.
2. Tom Brady. Like Elway, he played in a LOT of bad weather and, until Moss, had crap for recievers for the most part. Brady did benefit from a Defense that was one of the best but he also was hamstrung by a coach who wanted to play ball control and yet Brady still made the difference. In games where ball control wasn't working, Belichek would let Tom be Tom and take over the game. In a system that called for a 'Game Manager' type QB, he still managed to carve out HOF numbers.
3. Dan Marino. His quick release is what we now use as the benchmark for how a NFL QB should do it. Accurate and had an 'Elwayesque' cannon for an arm. Marino could just 'will' his team down the feild. Nothing was impossible while he was on the feild. If there ever was a QB that you had to play 61 minutes against, it was Marino.
4. Peyton Manning. You may never again see a better and more accurate down the feild pass. It's almost like an art form. Could very well be at the top of the list before it's done. Any pressure on him usually spells something ugly. But it's the ONLY thing you can remotely find to critisize him for. And I thought about it for a while. lol
5. Joe Montana. He gets dropped to 5 because he's the poster child for the term 'System QB'. Not his fault and his final years with KC weren't terrible. He played in warm weather and had Jerry Rice for a reciever. Again, not his fault but arm strength was a question and not needed as much as with the 4 above him because of the system he was in. Short passes and run after catch is where a lot of numbers come from. Still, one of the very best.

It's a fun topic and there are no right answers. I watched all of these guys play and was very familiar with them. Some of the older guys like Graham and Unitas I can't speak too much for but I agree with Zues, that the players from 30 years ago wouldn't translate very well to todays game.

I agree with this list, with a few changes, add ons.

Elway, like you said didn't have a running game until the last two years. That's why he finally won two. He is the number one qb of all time for what you've stated above as well as the most 4th quarter comeback victories of all time, was the record holder for most regular season wins and, IMHO, was the most competitive qb ever. The drive, drive v2 and the dive all proved that.

Brady, for all you said. Really nothing to say here. Best player on the best team, key word here, TEAM, in the NFL, and I can't stand them, lol.

Manning, again completely agree here. Add in he's probably the smartest qb to play the game, which, IMHO, is why he's not above Brady. I think sometimes he over analyzes the game instead of just playing. He ever gets a consistent defense, his team will be truly dangerous.

Montana, nothing to add here. HOF players surrounded him, but he still had to make it work. 4 rings say he has to be in the argument.

Marino, all the records, before Favre, put him on this list. Can't be higher then 5 because everyone above him has at least 1 ring.

Bradshaw, Favre, Fouts, Aikman and Kelly would probably round out my top ten. One could pull Fouts for Unitas, Favre for Graham. Gotta leave Kelly and Bradshaw I think. The 4 straight appearances and the rings keep them in it. Aikman can be argued, but I can't think of anyone I'd put above him right now.