Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-20-2017, 09:51 PM   #15
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Funny, I just got back from a business trip to Tucson too and would consider doing just what you are to get a rust-free car in New England.

However, I would travel there and hand my check to them personally. Virtually no chance of shenanigans. But that's just paranoid me.
Old 02-21-2017, 09:04 AM   #16
Buckeye
Buckeye

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Tucson Lexus

Lexus of Tucson has a really good reputation locally. I live in the Tucson area and have visited both of their dealerships, one at the Tucson Auto Mall and their other dealership on Speedway Blvd.
Old 02-21-2017, 12:32 PM   #17
Netraa

Drives: 2014 2ss/rs
They should overnight you the sales contract for signatures.

You can then include the cashiers check or other payment funds in the envelope with the signed contract.
Netraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 02:34 PM   #18
TwistedCamaro
Mad***der

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
I had the same situation when buying my Camaro. I live in California and got it off ebay from Florida. I just had my bank handle all the work and my car just showed up at my home later.
Old 02-21-2017, 02:54 PM   #19
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trifecta23 View Post
Thanks, I have no reason to believe they are not honest, but I didn't know if a money order is unsafe.
Money Order? do those still exist?
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 03:40 PM   #20
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Since it is a dealership, can't they just pick you up and you go to the dealership and do the paperwork? If they met you at the hotel already so you could test drive it, it seems like a legitimate request.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 03:43 PM   #21
CanyonSS

I bet it's not their first long distance deal, tell the finance department / best way to handle it. Make them supply you with some docs first.

"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace." -- George Washington
Old 02-22-2017, 03:14 AM   #22
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
I bought my camaro from Buffalo NY from a dealership. They overnighted the paperwork. and I filled it out. I used me bank debit card for down payment. Made copies and mailed it back. Easy as pie

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 06:43 AM   #23
Trifecta23

Drives: 2013 Dusk 2ss/RS conv.
I returned all the paperwork with the buyers agreement signed, then I went to my local bank and issued a money order. Took about 4 hours for he money to appear on their end (I was sweating). Now it looks like they have everything they need to complete the deal and ship..says I should receive by mid next week. I won't sleep 100% comfortably until it gets dropped off and the wife is pleased.

This was a little out of my comfort zone, but having an Arizona car/4Runner that has everything I would want if I ordered back in '12 that is now in my price range makes me feel like I'm doing the right thing. It will look good next to my C5 in the garage. And the wife will be happy to replace her 2004 Jeep Liberty that had 180k on it.

Thanks for all the help, I posted the same question on the "largest 4Runner forum" and I was dissipointed with the interaction.

jdm

Last edited by Trifecta23; 02-22-2017 at 06:54 AM.
Trifecta23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 02:31 PM   #24
CanyonSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trifecta23 View Post
I returned all the paperwork with the buyers agreement signed, then I went to my local bank and issued a money order. Took about 4 hours for he money to appear on their end (I was sweating). Now it looks like they have everything they need to complete the deal and ship..says I should receive by mid next week. I won't sleep 100% comfortably until it gets dropped off and the wife is pleased.

This was a little out of my comfort zone, but having an Arizona car/4Runner that has everything I would want if I ordered back in '12 that is now in my price range makes me feel like I'm doing the right thing. It will look good next to my C5 in the garage. And the wife will be happy to replace her 2004 Jeep Liberty that had 180k on it.

Thanks for all the help, I posted the same question on the "largest 4Runner forum" and I was dissipointed with the interaction.

Congrats man! Let us know! Everything should go well! Maybe take a xanax :p jk

"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace." -- George Washington
Old 02-22-2017, 03:27 PM   #25
MCSarge
USMC 1980-1990

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
When I bought one of my Harley's I just got the bank and routing code from the dealer and had my credit union send the money. Glad it worked out for you and good luck on the new car.

Funny aside, had a local dealership here take a personal check for a new Cadillac and bet you can guess what happened....yep, the thing bounced like a super ball...Bet the salesman and finance guy have new jobs....