Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-25-2017, 03:03 PM   #15
RKeeton

Drives: 2013 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DvKillar View Post
yes. you sure this isn't a '15 model year addition?
My 2015 didn't come with one. There is a Chevy dealer in Tulsa that installs them. I test drove a 2017 1LE some time ago and it had one. There was a sign on the showroom floor about the increased safety of the flasher, not to mention the increased profit margin for the dealership.
RKeeton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 03:08 PM   #16
DvKillar

Drives: 2015 Chevy Camaro 2LS
interesting.. thought I had the most bone stock 15 ever made! lol
DvKillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 04:11 PM   #17
Buckeye
Buckeye

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
A lot of dealerships in my area install them on new cars, and last I checked, were charging about $400 per vehicle. I’m not sure the customer sees the addition of the flasher or it’s cost to them.
Old 10-25-2017, 07:56 PM   #18
rshelar

Drives: 2017 1SS auto vert Nightfall Gray
Quote:
yes. you sure this isn't a '15 model year addition?

I have a 2015 2SS so it has all the goodies. No flashy. Would love to have one here in FL with all the scary old drivers. Is there a simple adapter I can buy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rshelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 08:04 PM   #19
TheFlyingBananaSS
Evil Genius of Chevrolet

Drives: 2017 Z06, 2019 XTS, 2013 SS
Last time I flashed I was awarded a pair of chrome bracelets
GPI SS2 VVT cam, ECS Novi 1500 supercharger, Corsa Extreme, Detroit Speed and BMR suspension, Circle D triple disc, Melling oil pump, LS2 chain tensioner, ATI 10% UD, DSX E85 kit, High Energy coils, BTR springs, LS2 Lifter trays, Titanium retainers, hardened push rods, FIC 1000 injectors, ZL1 pump, Mighty Mouse catch can, AEM gauges, Tial BOV, Richmond 3.91 gears, Custom gauge bezels, Speed Engineering headers, Stainless Works HF cats, DSX Aux pump, 710rwhp on E85.
TheFlyingBananaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 08:18 PM   #20
rshelar

Drives: 2017 1SS auto vert Nightfall Gray
Looks like it’s not legal

rshelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 02:47 PM   #21
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rshelar View Post
I have a 2015 2SS so it has all the goodies. No flashy. Would love to have one here in FL with all the scary old drivers. Is there a simple adapter I can buy?

Yes, the Gen5DIY harness is 100% PlugNPlay

Installed mine today. Very EZ 30-45min job. Remove rear seat cushion, unbolt rear seat back, lift up and angle for room to unclip the passenger side panel (no need to remove seat back from car) Then remove passenger side door sill and side panel (all just clip tabs). This gives you plenty of room to access the 3rd Brake light harness plug behind the seat belt retractor. Just unplug it and plug in the Gen5 harness ...piece of cake! Secure with zip ties. The Gen5 harness is by far the most expensive 3rd brake light flasher module there is but it is the ONLY flasher module in existence that does not require any cutting/splicing of factory wiring as it is custom made for 5th gen Camaros

Last edited by camguynj; 11-08-2017 at 06:21 PM.
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 03:24 PM   #22
DvKillar

Drives: 2015 Chevy Camaro 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
Flashing 3rd Brake light was not a factory feature in any 5th gen yrs. If you have one then it has to be an after-market mod. Don't think 6th gen has it either.
Discovered a hidden, tiny sticker at top of the rear window. Said "Safe Stop technology". Quick internet search found that someone did modify my car. This one did require cutting the wires. I haven't removed my lamp assembly, but suspect it is in there or under deck lid insulation.

here is the product. works great!

http://brakesafeonline.com/index.htm
DvKillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 08:34 PM   #23
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Yes, the Gen5DIY harness is 100% PlugNPlay

Installed mine today. Very EZ 30-45min job. Remove rear seat cushion, unbolt rear seat back, lift up and angle for room to unclip the passenger side panel (no need to remove seat back from car) Then remove passenger side door sill and side panel (all just clip tabs). This gives you plenty of room to access the 3rd Brake light harness plug behind the seat belt retractor. Just unplug it and plug in the Gen5 harness ...piece of cake! Secure with zip ties. The Gen5 harness is by far the most expensive 3rd brake light flasher module there is but it is the ONLY flasher module in existence that does not require any cutting/splicing of factory wiring as it is custom made for 5th gen Camaros
fyi... you can get this 18% off with Gen5DIY July 4 sale
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 11:44 PM   #24
joekono

Drives: Camaro Convertible 2014 1LT
Quote:
Yes in NJ

R.S.39:3-52 An ACT concerning certain motor vehicle equipment, amending and supplementing Title 39 of the Revised Statutes.

Any motor vehicle may be equipped with a stop lamp which flashes three times in rapid succession when brakes are applied.
Wow, I didn't even know this was a law in Jersey but then again everything is. I put mine in a while ago. So had I not known but still did it, would I be:
Attached Images

Old 07-03-2021, 07:19 AM   #25
TheFlyingBananaSS
Evil Genius of Chevrolet

Drives: 2017 Z06, 2019 XTS, 2013 SS
Quote:
mine is as factory as they come and it has a flashing 3rd eye.
WRONG. It was NEVER offered as an option nor standard. Your car was modified if it does.
GPI SS2 VVT cam, ECS Novi 1500 supercharger, Corsa Extreme, Detroit Speed and BMR suspension, Circle D triple disc, Melling oil pump, LS2 chain tensioner, ATI 10% UD, DSX E85 kit, High Energy coils, BTR springs, LS2 Lifter trays, Titanium retainers, hardened push rods, FIC 1000 injectors, ZL1 pump, Mighty Mouse catch can, AEM gauges, Tial BOV, Richmond 3.91 gears, Custom gauge bezels, Speed Engineering headers, Stainless Works HF cats, DSX Aux pump, 710rwhp on E85.
TheFlyingBananaSS is offline   Reply With Quote