Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 08-12-2016, 03:32 PM   #127
20152SS1Le

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS 1LE
Huge bang over big bumps

Dealer already playing games. Telling me they have to charge diagnostic fee and if it's not covered I have to pay. Thought I had bumper to bumper. Ask dealer of he ever seen a 1le and he tells me what's that a 1 le or 2le. Can't believe they play these games. If it's modified at all, it won't be covered. Unbelievable. I can see it now, they will see car and say this is modified and I am stuck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Elite engineering catch can
Texas Speed 1 7/8 long tube headers and Cats
GPI Rod mod and ported intake
Ported throttle body
JRE tune
20152SS1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 03:41 PM   #128
Freddy G

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE /2011 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20152SS1Le View Post
Dealer already playing games. Telling me they have to charge diagnostic fee and if it's not covered I have to pay. Thought I had bumper to bumper. Ask dealer of he ever seen a 1le and he tells me what's that a 1 le or 2le. Can't believe they play these games. If it's modified at all, it won't be covered. Unbelievable. I can see it now, they will see car and say this is modified and I am stuck

What Mods do you have? I would try another dealer. They seems like pain in the ass to deal with. Just avoid the headache all at once.
Freddy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 03:56 PM   #129
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:

Seems like an opportunity for immediate upgrades Bring it to me and we'll work it out with a friendly Chevy Dealer.

Last edited by JusticePete; 08-12-2016 at 04:08 PM.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 04:30 PM   #130
20152SS1Le

Huge bang over big bumps

Cai, I can just hear it in the way he was talking that it would be a pia.

Ported throttle body
JRE tune

Last edited by 20152SS1Le; 08-12-2016 at 05:18 PM.
Old 08-12-2016, 05:19 PM   #131
20152SS1Le

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Seems like an opportunity for immediate upgrades Bring it to me and we'll work it out with a friendly Chevy Dealer.

If only I lived closer

Ported throttle body
JRE tune
Old 08-12-2016, 06:06 PM   #132
CreeperRS

Drives: 20’ Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:

Try a different dealer, but remove your CAI before they look at your vehicle.
Old 08-12-2016, 08:28 PM   #133
20152SS1Le

If it's that much trouble just to get warranty work I won't even bother. What does a Cai have to do with struts.

Ported throttle body
JRE tune
Old 08-12-2016, 08:37 PM   #134
JusticePete

Quote:
If it's that much trouble just to get warranty work I won't even bother. What does a Cai have to do with struts.

NOTHING!

If a dealer is not mod friendly they can create headaches. The https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnus...s_Warranty_Act states the car company has to prove any customer modification is the cause of a failure, but proving that can be costly. Finding a mod friendly dealer is the best route.
Old 08-13-2016, 07:23 AM   #135
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Just adding on here that I experienced the same thing in my 2013 2SS 1LE when I had it. For me it was the front drivers side strut. The first time it happened I was dropping my son off at school and I was going over a speed bump at about 2 mph and it made a bang so loud it scared the crap out of me. I thought it was a gunshot and was checking if my winshield had cracked. The car only had 1200 miles on it at the time. From that point, I experienced it many other times and it was always over a pavement that has a quick transition like an expansion joint. There is no mistaking when it happens because it feels as if something just snapped in the suspension. I drove it for 20k miles this way since I could never find a patch of road that would consistently reproduce the issue. I have since upgraded to a 2016 SS but I just want to pile on here to let folks know they are not crazy and it a widespread strut problem across the 2013-2015 1LEs.
2017 C7 Stingray - M7 Coupe - Sold
2019 C7 Grand Sport M7 Vert - Sold
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Black - A10 - Sold
2019 Tesla Model 3
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - M6
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 08:14 AM   #136
20152SS1Le

Anyone hear from Long Island that knows a dealer that will take care of this without aggravation would be great.

Ported throttle body
JRE tune
Old 08-13-2016, 10:02 AM   #137
2015_1LE_soon

Drives: 2015_1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor5244 View Post
Just adding on here that I experienced the same thing in my 2013 2SS 1LE when I had it. For me it was the front drivers side strut. The first time it happened I was dropping my son off at school and I was going over a speed bump at about 2 mph and it made a bang so loud it scared the crap out of me. I thought it was a gunshot and was checking if my winshield had cracked. The car only had 1200 miles on it at the time. From that point, I experienced it many other times and it was always over a pavement that has a quick transition like an expansion joint. There is no mistaking when it happens because it feels as if something just snapped in the suspension. I drove it for 20k miles this way since I could never find a patch of road that would consistently reproduce the issue. I have since upgraded to a 2016 SS but I just want to pile on here to let folks know they are not crazy and it a widespread strut problem across the 2013-2015 1LEs.

Guys - ANYONE who feels that it's not a normal sound is PROBABLY RIGHT... I realize that the suspension is very stiff, and that's the reasoning that I was continually given, BUT IT ONLY HAPPENS ON ONE SIDE, and it does sound like the windshield is gonna crack, and the wheels/suspension are breaking apart. In my case, the strut was changed, and it's literally perfect.

The part is about $120 + lab (probably under warranty for most) - if it's under warranty, I just told my dealer that I'd pay it for them to change the struts because they CONTINUALLY said that the horrifying sound was normal. They changed the strut out, and seriously, it's as good as new.
2015_1LE_soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 12:01 PM   #138
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2015_1LE_soon View Post
Guys - ANYONE who feels that it's not a normal sound is PROBABLY RIGHT... I realize that the suspension is very stiff, and that's the reasoning that I was continually given, BUT IT ONLY HAPPENS ON ONE SIDE, and it does sound like the windshield is gonna crack, and the wheels/suspension are breaking apart. In my case, the strut was changed, and it's literally perfect.

The part is about $120 + lab (probably under warranty for most) - if it's under warranty, I just told my dealer that I'd pay it for them to change the struts because they CONTINUALLY said that the horrifying sound was normal. They changed the strut out, and seriously, it's as good as new.
When you dealer experienced the difference, did they cover th repair under warranty?
Old 08-14-2016, 12:00 PM   #139
ASimmons04

Drives: 2015 AGM 2SS RS 1LE
This has happened to me a few times. I've owned the car since brand new and I'm at 5800 miles. The first time it happened I was about to cross a small bridge. The asphalt had a crack/drop in it right before the bridge and I literally thought something broke in the suspension. Luckily I have a friend that works at the local dealership. He's the only person I let work on my car, which to date has only included a couple oil changes. I'll talk to him about the issue and probably have them look into it. I completely understand and appreciate the suspension on these cars. That's why I bought one. I hated the standard SS...too soft for me.
ASimmons04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 12:03 PM   #140
ASimmons04

Drives: 2015 AGM 2SS RS 1LE
BTW...I don't think I mentioned it felt like it came from the front driver side.
ASimmons04 is offline   Reply With Quote