Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 12-03-2016, 11:24 PM   #1
My Ruby girl

Drives: 2014 1LE 2SS Crystal red tin coat
Send a message via AIM to My Ruby girl Send a message via MSN to My Ruby girl Send a message via Yahoo to My Ruby girl
A/C Issue

I have owned this car for 10 weeks I bought it second hand and right hand converted to suit Australia conditions

The problem is that whilst driving the A,c will cut and drop away and begin to blow fan air only and will cut back in and begin to blow cold air again for no reason it seems to work better at at high revs from a standing start
I have the gas checked and reading are within 10% of full

The repairer told me to turn the circulation button on as to cool the same air but that was worse off today

The main thing I notice is the majority of the air come from the middle vents and both side vents are piss poor in comparison unfortunately There is a massive shortage of these cars in Australia to compare with\\\By the way it's summer here and is 30 to 38 c

There you go on the right hand conversion

Thanks and Merry Christmas from Aus
Attached Images

My Ruby girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 11:35 PM   #2
Mrgwrnch
Pay attention to details

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Mine did the same thing. I found the system overcharged. The pressure would get high enough to trip the high pressure switch and temporarily disengage the compressor. Good luck.
Mrgwrnch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 09:34 AM   #3
Jayjellyfish212

Drives: 2014 1LE
How many miles do you have? I believe your warranty is three years or 36k miles. I would go to the dealership. I removed my AC components for weight reduction and because it's not my daily car.
Old 12-04-2016, 09:08 PM   #4
CreeperRS

Drives: 20’ Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
I had a very similar issue, turned out to be a clogged condenser and a bad compressor. All was repaired under warranty!
Old 12-12-2016, 04:30 PM   #5
Buckeye
Buckeye

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
AC Issue

I had the same issue the first summer I had my 1LE.

Too much R134 (I think that's what it uses) was installed at the factory. The dealer drained out ~ 1 ounce and it has worked wonderfully the last 3 summers.
Old 12-13-2016, 03:12 AM   #6
My Ruby girl

Send a message via AIM to My Ruby girl Send a message via MSN to My Ruby girl Send a message via Yahoo to My Ruby girl
OK turns out the problem has been fixed unfortunately Australia doesn't have Chevrolet dealers and the junior company Holden won't cover a Chev warranty

It turns out that the company that did the right hand conversion of the dash had left the main earth loose and that caused the the compressor to cut in and out in short intervals
I have now driven it on 5 occasions and a happy boy in a Aussie Summer of 40 deg

Have a great Christmas and thanks
Old 12-14-2016, 06:08 PM   #7
CreeperRS

Drives: 20’ Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Nice. You mean, ground, right? Anyways, glad you're ride is fixed.
Old 12-14-2016, 06:47 PM   #8
Jayjellyfish212

Drives: 2014 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Ruby girl View Post
OK turns out the problem has been fixed unfortunately Australia doesn't have Chevrolet dealers and the junior company Holden won't cover a Chev warranty

It turns out that the company that did the right hand conversion of the dash had left the main earth loose and that caused the the compressor to cut in and out in short intervals
I have now driven it on 5 occasions and a happy boy in a Aussie Summer of 40 deg

Have a great Christmas and thanks
Good deal that you got it fixed! The first time I seen your picture of the interior change over was mind blowing. What do they do for the pedals on manual cars when they make the conversion? I love manual cars and choose manual over auto but I think I would have a hard time driving a manual car converted to the right side driver.
Old 12-15-2016, 04:53 AM   #9
My Ruby girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeperRS View Post
Nice. You mean, ground, right? Anyways, glad you're ride is fixed.
Yes sorry Aussie slang comes into play Earth or Ground are the same

Now as for the conversion to start a car like ours in Australia are worth between $75,000 to $90.000 so they are rare about as rare as a unicorn the conversion costs are also high about $38,000 because of the Airbags conversion and an number of added indicators to front guards or fender as you boys would call them .Also the front steering rack and pinion has to be reconfigured out of a GM Holden sister company and the firewall re worked to suit. The only remainder is the boot release or Trunk release is still in the left door trim

Also our rear indicators have to be orange and not red so they modified the reverse light as a indicator and added the orange insert tires or tyres in Aus are also expensive for these babies Michelin are approx $460 each and we can't get the BFG comp 2 in AUS but we can get KUMOS which are about $375 each

Yet I would never get rid of it most teenagers love her as much as me and she turns heads men and women love the Camaro alot more than the Ford Mustangs which are now being brought into Australia as right hand drives from the US
Michelin

Michelin
Old 12-15-2016, 05:02 AM   #10
My Ruby girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjellyfish212 View Post
Good deal that you got it fixed! The first time I seen your picture of the interior change over was mind blowing. What do they do for the pedals on manual cars when they make the conversion? I love manual cars and choose manual over auto but I think I would have a hard time driving a manual car converted to the right side driver.

If you look at the pedals the accelerator is on the right side brake in the middle clutch on the left we change gears wit our left hands

I had the pleasure of of driving in Hawaii last year the hardest thing was keeping right turning opposite to the last 30 yrs of driving but judging car parking spaces was real hard having the majority of the car on the wrong side of you driving but you get the hang of it or hit head on with a car