Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 01-29-2015, 07:38 PM   #1
JSTRAMIT

Drives: ss camaro
2011 Camaro convertible

Hey Folks

I am looking at putting an offer on a 2011 vert SS/RS package. The Car currently has 26,000 km. They are asking $30,988 Canadian . I am hoping to get some advice on what to offer. There will be 13 percent tax added to the price. The dealer has had the car for over 6 months on there Lot. I was considering offering 32,500 including tax.

Thank you
JSTRAMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 08:52 PM   #2
taf21979

Drives: 2013 2ss vert
Wow 13% that's crazy but for that price I think you can find an 12 or 13 without The top issues.
taf21979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 05:48 AM   #3
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Drives: 2014 2LT A6 'Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by taf21979 View Post
Wow 13% that's crazy but for that price I think you can find an 12 or 13 without The top issues.

You can do better than that. I think that price is too high to pay for a 4 year old car.

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust

Upstate C5 Member

No, that is not me in the avatar..... I just love hot girls and hot cars.... or hot girls IN hot cars....
NYCamOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 06:13 AM   #4
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
You're better off staying away from the 12's altogether....mine is STILL having issues because nobody really has a clue on how to properly reinstall. This last round they put the top on tto tight. The dealership service rep even told me "you're probably going to have to bring it back after 1 month so we can send it back to the top shop & have it loosened up, but GM says you must go 1 month without putting the top down so it can adjust properly"
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 06:20 AM   #5
'11 cyber grey vert
"SHARK" Born Apr.26,2011

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS Convertible
OP, you would be better off posting this question in the CANADA section...

most folks in the USA don't know that we pay alot more for cars here.So the brand new cars cost more initially and that is reflected in the resale prices.

When I purchased my 5th gen, I could have gotten a 2SS/RS in the usa for the same price that we pay for a 2LT/RS (at that time)...I did not purchase from the USA as GM (along with other manufacturers) don't honour the new car warranty for a period of time,along with some minor modifications that would be necessary to legally license it here.And with the top problems I have had, it was a good thing that I didn't...Top problems now seem to be solved.Would I have enjoyed the rumble of the extra 2 cylinders...of course...

Try looking up the value on Canadian Black Book and also compare to similar vehicles on autotrader.ca, You can then get an average price...I would play a bit of hardball with the dealer on price...They have had it on their lot for a long time and it is winter here, so not too many buyers for a convertible right now.I would think it is the wrong time of year for them to sell the car and the right time for a buyer to purchase the car.

Your thinking re price seems to be correct...get a price in mind, stick to your guns...They have a price they need/want to get because of what they paid for it at trade in, but at this time of year, I would think you would be in a better position for negotiations....GOOD LUCK!!
'11 cyber grey vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 10:08 AM   #6
taf21979

Drives: 2013 2ss vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by '11 cyber grey vert View Post
OP, you would be better off posting this question in the CANADA section...

most folks in the USA don't know that we pay alot more for cars here.So the brand new cars cost more initially and that is reflected in the resale prices.

When I purchased my 5th gen, I could have gotten a 2SS/RS in the usa for the same price that we pay for a 2LT/RS (at that time)...I did not purchase from the USA as GM (along with other manufacturers) don't honour the new car warranty for a period of time,along with some minor modifications that would be necessary to legally license it here.And with the top problems I have had, it was a good thing that I didn't...Top problems now seem to be solved.Would I have enjoyed the rumble of the extra 2 cylinders...of course...

Try looking up the value on Canadian Black Book and also compare to similar vehicles on autotrader.ca, You can then get an average price...I would play a bit of hardball with the dealer on price...They have had it on their lot for a long time and it is winter here, so not too many buyers for a convertible right now.I would think it is the wrong time of year for them to sell the car and the right time for a buyer to purchase the car.

Your thinking re price seems to be correct...get a price in mind, stick to your guns...They have a price they need/want to get because of what they paid for it at trade in, but at this time of year, I would think you would be in a better position for negotiations....GOOD LUCK!!
Good info. You learn something new everyday,well at least I try to.
taf21979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 07:10 PM   #7
JSTRAMIT

Hello

Thanks i have been on auto trader and the majority of the cars are priced higher or they have way more KM on them . I check the black book trade in value was around 26000 to 28500. I thought of trying to offer 32000 all in . The car is in great shape. The top appears to be in great shape. I have also noticed a ton on V6 convertibles on auto trader .
Old 01-30-2015, 07:25 PM   #8
KickerZ71

Drives: Camaro SS
Are you in New Brunswick

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KickerZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 07:42 PM   #9
JSTRAMIT

No I am in Ajax which is about 20 min outside of Toronto
Old 01-30-2015, 07:46 PM   #10
KickerZ71

When you said 13% tax I assume pd you were in NB
Here's. Compatible at my local dealer
http://www.lounsburybathurst.com/Veh...-NB/2257371593

Old 01-30-2015, 07:50 PM   #11
JSTRAMIT

yes i seen this one . The one i am looking at also has the factory skirt package as well. I am not sure what the cost of the shirt package was for this car.
Old 01-30-2015, 07:55 PM   #12
JSTRAMIT

Here is the link to the dealer website

http://www.addisononeglinton.com/Veh...-ON/2301182503
Old 01-30-2015, 08:03 PM   #13
KickerZ71

It's nice. I bought my convertible in February. My test drive was basically 5 km but I just couldn't pass on the deal
Never regretted it since, I parked it under the car port with its cover and waited for spring. In New Brunswick spring takes a long time to get here, put 10k on it so far

Old 01-30-2015, 08:11 PM   #14
JSTRAMIT

well i am hoping to get a deal when i go to the dealer.