Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 01:21 PM   #29
habunow1

Drives: 2010 Yellow 2SS, 2011 CG 1LT IPF SC
The orginal post is easy to find on the internet but the question here was just posed to question what is best practices on this matter. What responsibility does Camaro 5 have to the members and other sponsers to be honest even if it is not always what a sponsor wants to hear. 1st admendment or censorship by fourms aside, would a sponsor/dealer of products not want the the chance to answer bad press instead of having the thread removed/closed. Once it is out there you can not make it disappear just by closing the post.

I am curious what the people selling on this site thinks.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:22 PM   #30
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ghlight=easley

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
Old 10-08-2012, 01:24 PM   #31
2010SS2SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 2SS
Quote:
Laws differ in the United States on how many parties must give their consent before a conversation may be recorded. In 38 states and the District of Columbia, conversations may be recorded if the person is party to the conversation, or if at least one of the people who are party to the conversation have given a third party consent to record the conversation
Private property only comes into play in video and photgraphy, not audio recordings
Old 10-08-2012, 01:26 PM   #32
z28racer

Drives: 12 SIM 2SS/ RS Sinergy M6,GMC2500HD
I like this site, but the sensorship is out of control! Makes you question where you live? If they dont agree with you in the sligtest way they will threaten to Ban you. Oh Oh this could be my last post!
Old 10-08-2012, 01:28 PM   #33
z28racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by habunow1 View Post
Could a moderator explain which rules to the forum was broke to have the 'Camaro abuse' thread and the follow on thread of 'why the thread deleted' were closed for comments. As a service member I bite my tonge as not to have my comments misrepresented as a statment from my service. I do not loose any sleep over this because I know that we as service members are defending the first amendment right of the nation not to be censored even when I personnally don't agree with it.
You could have not said it better Brother!

Last edited by z28racer; 10-08-2012 at 01:58 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:33 PM   #34
z28racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by habunow1 View Post
Read the rules before posting and could not find which one was violated.
They interped the rules as they see fit! Remeber Camaro5 is an Empire not a Democracy!
Old 10-08-2012, 01:34 PM   #35
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Sorry but that's the most messed up thing I've ever seen, and that thread DESERVED to stay open. I see no reason for it to be closed, legal or otherwise. Plus, that video has gone viral and the story is being reported from gminsidenews to jalopnik. Why close it?

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
Old 10-08-2012, 01:35 PM   #36
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
This is why these posts get so far out of control is folks lose sight of the original issue.

It is NOT about the legality of the recording. It is NOT about GM looking bad since this is clearly about the Dealership, Best Chevrolet, and they are separate business entity.

It is about a fellow Camaro5 member who had been wronged and our inability to express our support to/for him.

Those bashing GM are not getting it. Those questioning the legalities of the recording are not getting it. IMHO! This is about showing support for a member in his time of need. A time when social media could be his greatest ally.

If Camaro5 does not want to support their members as we have supported them, the least they could do is let us know why they have chosen to turn their back on their community.

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!

Last edited by TBone; 10-08-2012 at 01:46 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:38 PM   #37
z28racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. iNCREDIBLE View Post
bottom line, the forum is privately owned and operated so the only rules that matter are their rules.

A forum is not a democracy, it is not a newspaper, or media broadcast, it is a blog where any Tom, Dick or Harry can post opinions, that usually are not based in fact, as such the moderators and administrators must do what they feel is in the best interest of their BUSINESS..

Yes this is a business, it is here to make someone money, so whether we like it or not they will censor, delete, move, moderate, and close any thread that doesn't line up with their business plan and rules.

--

Not siding with the moderators, (as I don't agree with the disapearing thread mentality either), just pointing out the truth of things.

How can a recording catching someone red handed not be Fact?????? If they support the Camaro crowd you think they would stand behind them a little.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:42 PM   #38
z28racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SS2SS View Post
I can guarantee this will go away quietly because in most astates it is "ILLEGAL" to record someone without their knowledge. If the people in question want to get pissy (even though they were in the wrong) they can go after the OP. He better get what he can before the dealer gets a lawyer. And I can tell you once you threaten most dealer wit hlega laction ALL bets are off and they are going to ask you to leave.
It is not elegal to record someone if they are commiting a crime, which these people obiously did!
Old 10-08-2012, 01:44 PM   #39
2010SS2SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 2SS
what crime did they commit? reckless driving?

I'm not on their side! I think they should be fired in a heart beat but recording without their consent and posting it on here is likely one of the reasons this is gone
Old 10-08-2012, 01:46 PM   #40
ShowSStopper
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS Black Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBone View Post
This is why these posts get so far out of control is folks loose sight of the original issue.

It is NOT about the legality of the recording. It is NOT about GM looking bad since this is clearly about the Dealership, Best Chevrolet, and they are separate business entity.

It is about a fellow Camaro5 member who had been wronged and our inability to express our support to/for him.

Those bashing GM are not getting it. Those questioning the legalities of the recording are not getting it. IMHO! This is about showing support for a member in his time of need. A time when social media could be his greatest ally.

If Camaro5 does not want to support their members as we have supported them, the least they could do is let us know why they have chosen to turn their back on their community.

T.

I expect we will not get a clear answer...because I expect Cam5 is, indeed, in bed with GM.

Someone said that a positive of that is the forum gives you a voice GM would have otherwise not heard. Well, not if that voice is quickly silenced.

The member who posted up the original thread had a legitimate issue with a GM dealer. The ONLY reason Cam5 mods would close said thread would be their contractual obligation to silence any negative postings and/or comments about GM as quickly and efficiently as possible.

If this were not the case, why not let people post? With the national attention this is getting, it could catapult the site into the national spotlight with news media potentially quoting members of the forum in support of the member in question. But NO. Rather than do the right thing, the mods have decided to brush this member's issues under the rug and turn the other cheek.

It's sickening to say the least because we are still expected to support this site, but the site refuses to do the same for us.

I've been saying for a long time that the censorship here is running absolutely rampant, but this is, by far, the biggest act of I've seen since I've been on here.

Either bring back the original, legitimate thread, and get off GM's nuts, or put a disclaimer up saying "Welcome to Camaro5....sponsored by GM. No negative comments/threads about GM or GM dealerships will be tolerated."

I'm disappointed..and more than a little .
Old 10-08-2012, 01:46 PM   #41
habunow1

Drives: 2010 Yellow 2SS, 2011 CG 1LT IPF SC
If this site is all about the sponsors and not the members as some would belive. Why would not the sponsors take issue with the removal. It is the reputation of the site they chose to be associated with that can become tarnished and that would devalue the effect of there paid sponsorship. Sponsors your thoughts.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:49 PM   #42
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SS2SS View Post
what crime did they commit? reckless driving?

I'm not on their side! I think they should be fired in a heart beat but recording without their consent and posting it on here is likely one of the reasons this is gone

according to SC law only 1 parties consent is needed if it is not an electronic (telephone) conversation..

so in this case the victim did nothing wrong with respect to recording without consent. .

and if you listened to the whole thing, they committed several crimes, reckless driving the least of it. They were conspiring to commit fraud, charge the customer for the clutch install, then turn around and bill GM for the pressure plate install so the tech gets paid twice for the same job..

Everyone b*tches and moans about the cost of dealer repairs, the cost of extended warranties, the cost of blah blah blah..

Well Fraud like this is a prime example of why those things cost so damn much..

Closed Thread