Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 10-22-2016, 08:46 AM   #8037
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
out in the desert somewhere or to a range?My son and hid buds frequent the Four Peaks area and shoot, other side of the valley.
3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 10:37 AM   #8038
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXLT1 View Post
Note to self: learn what a deten is before removing handgrip.

If the trigger is a turd (most are) you can add JP hammer/trigger springs. Could also do a little polishing for an inexpensive upgrade.

You can also bore sight the setup n save ammo in the process. Pull the takedown pin. Pull the BCG. Place the rifle where it won't move and you have at least 100 ft line of sight. Aim thru the bore at a known point then adjust scope to same point. Voila
Old 10-22-2016, 11:48 AM   #8039
PHXLT1

Drives: black Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 SS's View Post
out in the desert somewhere or to a range?My son and hid buds frequent the Four Peaks area and shoot, other side of the valley.
Probably to the range. The only area in the desert i know if only good for handguns. Not enough range for a rifle.

Mr Twisty, sometimes you do things dumb$!#& falls out of your brain. At first i thought the gun was faulty then i youtubed it and found it was my fault. I haven't played with AR for more than 20 years. Practice makes perfect right. I'll look into a better upgrades later down the line. Right now i just want to have a little fun.
2015 Silverado (mine!)
54 Belair (wife's)
2004 silverado (daughters)

Last edited by PHXLT1; 10-22-2016 at 03:18 PM.
PHXLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 07:26 PM   #8040
Mr Twisty

They sell "oops" kits with springs and pins only. They're pretty popular too. (there's a reason why) The front takedown pin spring/detent pin will shoot your eye out

I've been fortunate that I've never lost a spring or pin, but they have put me on my knees looking on the floor a time or two.

Last edited by Mr Twisty; 10-23-2016 at 08:01 AM.
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 05:44 AM   #8041
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
:
You can also bore sight the setup n save ammo in the process. Pull the takedown pin. Pull the BCG. Place the rifle where it won't move and you have at least 100 ft line of sight. Aim thru the bore at a known point then adjust scope to same point. Voila
True enough....works like a champ. Did this with my very first rifle....I did it at night too, I had a neighbor's porch light at the end of the block in plain view from an upstairs bedroom....put the light is the center if the bore and scoped it in. Next day went to the range and with 3 shots it was dead on.
Old 10-24-2016, 08:37 AM   #8042
PHXLT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
True enough....works like a champ. Did this with my very first rifle....I did it at night too, I had a neighbor's porch light at the end of the block in plain view from an upstairs bedroom....put the light is the center if the bore and scoped it in. Next day went to the range and with 3 shots it was dead on.
Ha! I was actually going to do that at my house but my wife freaked out thinking that someone would call the cops because there was a lunatic pointing a gun in the neighborhood. Haha! I didn't so she wouldn't piss her pant. Kinda bummed becuase i didn't make it to the range. Woke up late, waitied for my brother who was nice enough to call when we were supposed to go, got later and had to run errands before coming home to watch the "historic" football game between the Cardinals and Seahawks. Day wasted.
2015 Silverado (mine!)
54 Belair (wife's)
Old 10-24-2016, 05:20 PM   #8043
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
How long a drive to the Four Peaks area from where you are, hr + ? You'll have to forgive me, when I lived there, there was no 101, 202 loops and such
3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 05:37 PM   #8044
PHXLT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 SS's View Post
How long a drive to the Four Peaks area from where you are, hr + ? You'll have to forgive me, when I lived there, there was no 101, 202 loops and such
Wow must have some time ago. I'd be willing to drive an hour for a nice secluded area.
2015 Silverado (mine!)
54 Belair (wife's)
Old 10-24-2016, 08:07 PM   #8045
Mr Twisty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
I use a road sign ~200 yards away from the comfort of my dining room table, thru the window. It really does work like a charm
Old 10-25-2016, 12:20 PM   #8046
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
My newest (to me) pistol. A DWM P08 Luger in 9mm. It's a short barrel ING Bank security issue pistol dated 1918.
Attached Images

BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 01:26 PM   #8047
Mr Twisty

Dad's Luger bring back was the first pistol I ever shot. Love them.

Midway has a decent deal on AR 7.62 build kit. Anyone ever built with AR Stoner parts?
Attached Images

Old 10-26-2016, 06:34 AM   #8048
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
I followed this video pretty much to a tee, during my initial tear down, inspection and deep cleaning. My dumbass though, still managed to snap the leaf spring on the toggle hold open . At least they are replaceable. These Lugers are hand crafted pieces of art.

@Mr.Twisty: What brand of ammo does yours like? And what defense load do you run through it?
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 07:29 AM   #8049
Mr Twisty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy82 View Post
I followed this video pretty much to a tee, during my initial tear down, inspection and deep cleaning. My dumbass though, still managed to snap the leaf spring on the toggle hold open . At least they are replaceable. These Lugers are hand crafted pieces of art.

@Mr.Twisty: What brand of ammo does yours like? And what defense load do you run through it?
That's been 45 years ago, dad rarely got it out... He passed and a brother has it now. He never shoots it. Probably the least shot Luger ever!

No idea on the ammo, just start light and work up, it's a 100 year old gun.
Old 10-26-2016, 09:49 AM   #8050
PHXLT1

The Germans build great guns, hence my choice of my PPQ. Beautiful gun you have there.
2015 Silverado (mine!)
54 Belair (wife's)

Tags
camaro gun