Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-06-2010, 03:56 PM   #29
Bryan2230

Drives: 2014 Red Hot Camaro 2SS/RS
I bought a V6 because i like the front end on the V6 better. If I could have gotten a V8 with the V6 front end, I would have gotten the V8. I like the V6 bumper more than the V8 bumper. I hate the mail slot.

Former owner of a 2010 Victory Red 2LT/RS
Delivered: September 11, 2009
Current owner of a 2014 Red Hot 2SS/RS
Delivered: October 24, 2013
Bryan2230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 04:01 PM   #30
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaBR View Post
Actually agree with you. After looking long and hard at ALL the info, the LS is a killer deal. I have my toys that have the horsepower, the LS is going to be a daily driver and I mean daily. 120 miles round trip 5-6 days a week year round.
The LS will be modified? Maybe, maybe not. We will see when it arrives and I have driven for 15-20k miles(that will only take about 15-20 weeks).

Everyone buys for there own reasons, which is great and why there are choices. So enjoy the one you got for the reason you got it.
Maybe the guy mis-heard the LS owner or the LS owner was way off, who knows?
Most people who bought the LS did so for its practicality, with more horsepower than they have driven in years, and gives them something to mod if they choose to.
Just different strokes for different folks that's all.
Old 04-06-2010, 04:02 PM   #31
Dboy23
2G1FB1EV7A9100028

Drives: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Hemi
Personally I just loved the styling and I got my $28,030 (stick price) 1LT/RS for $23,500 so that wasn't too bad either. It was the Cash for Clunkers deal and the SS didn't qualify.
Old 04-06-2010, 04:09 PM   #32
calflan

Drives: 1LT; IBM; 6 Spd Manual
The LS is the best value for the money, especially now that we finding all the extras the 2LT and 1 LT have, can be done aftermarket. The Bluetooth, C & C package, Driving Lights, RS package, wheels, all but the seat fabric seats and even they can be done for the saved money of a 2LT RS.
Had I thought ahead of the hoopla about the car when it came out, I'd have bought a LS and done all the mods myself for less than the cost at new car price. Also allows alittle self styling in there for less money as well. But, I LOVE my 1LT and would'nt part with it now for anything.

My kids both want to get one and if they do, I will most definitely steer them toward the LS and help them mod it like a 1LT RS for less money.

Asfar as the SS', the difference between a 2LT/RS and 1SS isn't a huge margin, but a 1SS or 2SS and 1LT non RS - approx. $8K on up. That's a bunch.
1LT; Airaid CAI; Flowmaster American Thunder Axelback; Int Floor Lts; RS Spoiler; Radio Controls; Sequential tail lights; Oil Catch Can; VMAX Throttle Body; MACE plenum spacer; Mace manifold insulator[/I]
calflan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 04:14 PM   #33
balthazar

Drives: Black 2SS/RS w/Ground Effects
My issue isn't V6 vs. V8 and none of you have to justify your purchase to me. my problem is the crabby V6 owners talking crap. Like I said, only negative experience thus far has fallen into that category.
Old 04-06-2010, 04:18 PM   #34
67 GTO
13.453 @ 101.90

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by balthazar View Post
My issue isn't V6 vs. V8 and none of you have to justify your purchase to me. my problem is the crabby V6 owners talking crap. Like I said, only negative experience thus far has fallen into that category.
I ain't crabby.

GMPP exhaust/JBA shorties/Vararam CAI/VMax TB/SLP Pulley/VMax IM isolator/MACE Ported IM +Plenum Spacer/IPF Tuned
67 GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 04:19 PM   #35
wylde1
I am the Stig

Drives: Black w/ IOM stripe 1SS
everybody wants something different, and you always get DB's with ANY make model color engine you name it.

I got my 1SS because I just wanted a V8. the fact that the car is beautiful only helped me sign my name faster. The only option I put on it was the stripes. I'm a mod guy, and enjoy spending time with my car and fiddling with things. With todays aftermarket I'll basically have a custom car by the time I'm done with it so why bother putting on factory options I say.

I've even heard a Honda owner telling a Mazda owner he bought the wrong car. It's everywhere.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... Why can't we all just love the machines? i think they're all cool in their own way (yes even tuners)
Old 04-06-2010, 04:21 PM   #36
balthazar

Drives: Black 2SS/RS w/Ground Effects
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67 GTO View Post
I ain't crabby.
Then you aint my problem.
Old 04-06-2010, 04:22 PM   #37
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by wylde1 View Post
everybody wants something different, and you always get DB's with ANY make model color engine you name it.

I got my 1SS because I just wanted a V8. the fact that the car is beautiful only helped me sign my name faster. The only option I put on it was the stripes. I'm a mod guy, and enjoy spending time with my car and fiddling with things. With todays aftermarket I'll basically have a custom car by the time I'm done with it so why bother putting on factory options I say.

I've even heard a Honda owner telling a Mazda owner he bought the wrong car. It's everywhere.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... Why can't we all just love the machines? i think they're all cool in their own way (yes even tuners)
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 04:34 PM   #38
Robert91RS

Drives: Everywhere
Balthazar, rather than point out how lucky you are to have the complaint you do, I will just say I feel where you and several others in here are coming from and its good to vent sometimes. Forum group hug?
Robert91RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 04:35 PM   #39
katman

Drives: 2LT Auto RS sunroof
Cash84,
"I would only buy an SS.... The look is great, but I want the best... That's just me!"

Really, a Dodge Ram and 2SS Camaro "the Best"? I always thought that the ZR1 was the "best", but I could be wrong, and the Ram, what is it "best" at?
katman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 06:29 PM   #40
kevin1

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
I would of gotten a 1SS but my plan fell apart. So I started to look at the LT's and just did see the the money in them. Same body, drive train, suspension, etc. So I got the LS. I'm happy with it BUUUUUUT I still want an SS maybe in a year or so I'll find a deal.
kevin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 06:34 PM   #41
mcotton

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I went for the V6 for two reasons

1. I drive 45min to work and 45min back
2. Its all the wife would let me spend

I love my V6 Camaro, I love the SS and will get one in the next 2 years. Not sure why this person said that but all Camaro owners need to stick together, could be worse, could be driving a mustang :-)
mcotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 06:36 PM   #42
christianmotox

Drives: ( . )( . )
Quote:
Originally Posted by balthazar View Post
I dont see why this wouldn't become a V6 vs V8 thread. some people don't find it necessary to buy a 33k car even if you can afford it.

But then again i guess you shouldn't call it a dumb decision anyways. V6 or V8, its just the engine, but the Beast is the same.
we all have a CAMARO
christianmotox is offline   Reply With Quote