Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 08-08-2018, 06:10 PM   #113
Pi kappa alpha

Drives: SS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
LMAO, no, we get lots of positive feedback from members who are glad the drama drones are not here. They report being glad the kids here for the social life only that could not care less about the Camaro or cars in general are not here. Dozens of threads complaining about a site with 200,000 members is a pretty small amount don't you think. I'll bet most, if not all, are from members banned from here for childish, nasty, or rude behavior well outside of the established rules of this site.

You see one side of it. You hear one side of it. Then you run off to an alternative site made up of members no longer welcome here because they could not or would not follow our simple rules, and suddenly it's out fault. Sounds like you and those like you are projecting.... Refusing to accept responsibility for your own actions, and up the establishment when things don't go your way.... Sounds like a very common theme these days. We honestly do not care about the things said on other sites or facebook or instagram or twitter or any other kid site. Show me any site related to the Camaro with the same activity of this site. Go ahead, I'll wait....

We still have lots of die hard members who appreciate the friendly site without the drama and BS some folks bring.

You see, we expected the pace of the site to drop off as that is what naturally happens as a car ages.... New models come out and some folks move on.... Lots of our members are still here, they just moved over to Camaro6, or Corvette 7 as their primary sites. Lots of the folks who refused to or were incapable of following the rules either moved on of their own volition, or got tired of the others people here bringing the drama, or they were were forcibly removed for the aforementioned reasons.

But you have the audacity to come in here with all your worldly knowledge and tell us how we destroyed this forum.... LMAO, whatever.... Always remember, there are two sides to every story, and we don't discuss infractions or pm conversations with general members.... Contrary to your thoughts, because of the way the site is run, GM recognizes this site and the members and they arrive in force to our annual Camaro Fest Gathering... The allow the top brass members of the Camaro team to attend. We are welcomed to Bowling Green every year. We are recognized and welcomed because of our decorum and the way things are managed around here, not due to the way some part time member with a bunch of friends who are former members thinks we should run the site.
It's a business. You're in it to maximize profit. I get it. At the end of the day you have to protect yourself to keep those sponsors and relationship with GM. Seems like that's the direction this world is headed. Take the fun out of everything little thing in order to make money. I guess money is everything.

Best of luck to you.
Old 08-08-2018, 06:17 PM   #114
S2K+1LE
Account Suspended

Drives: 17 SS 1LE | 07 S2K
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Appeals yes, if they are done in a respectful manner, and often times this will lead to a reversal if there is a legitimate excuse or reason for whatever occurred.... There is member with a second account I'm aware of... however, something is wrong with his first account and he literally duplicated his user name and the old account was in good standing, and through no fault of his, he can't post.... Therefore, I choose to ignore the fact that he started a duplicate acct.

The members are not informed of the disciplinary actions against other members.... This is not hallway justice.... As a privately owned site, the first amendment does not apply... and the rules are pretty well stated.... We just try to keep the site, user friendly to all... new members and veterans.... as well as to keep it orderly....

Outside representation is not permitted as again, we do not discuss infractions or warnings with anyone....
I got a warning for defending myself against someone who was making openly bigoted comments against me, which is ridiculous enough in the first place... but then I replied in a very respectful manner to the person who warned me and they wouldn't even have a conversation about it. Nothing done to the other person, it's totally cool let's just give this guy a warning because he was defending himself against bullshit and then not have a civil discussion about it.

Perhaps you are different, and if so I suggest a little continuity within your ranks would go a LONG way. With 'leadership' like that, however; don't be TOO surprised when your ad revenue won't pay for the pipe any longer...
S2K+1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 06:56 PM   #115
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi kappa alpha View Post
It's a business. You're in it to maximize profit. I get it. At the end of the day you have to protect yourself to keep those sponsors and relationship with GM. Seems like that's the direction this world is headed. Take the fun out of everything little thing in order to make money. I guess money is everything.

Best of luck to you.
Thanks for the best wishes....

I'm in it for the longevity and quality of the site. I do not now nor have I ever received one cent in pay or any other incentive to be a moderator other than I was asked by another moderator who happens to be a close friend. I've never received any offers nor asked for any favors from any vendor. I did receive a hand towel from a sponsoring vendor that was offered publicly to all members for simply pm'ing the home address to them.

Again, first and foremost I am a member and a fan of the Camaro.

For the most part, the moderators take care of the members, and the owner takes care of the sponsoring vendors.

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 08:37 PM   #116
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by S2K+1LE View Post
I got a warning for defending myself against someone who was making openly bigoted comments against me, which is ridiculous enough in the first place... but then I replied in a very respectful manner to the person who warned me and they wouldn't even have a conversation about it. Nothing done to the other person, it's totally cool let's just give this guy a warning because he was defending himself against bullshit and then not have a civil discussion about it.

Perhaps you are different, and if so I suggest a little continuity within your ranks would go a LONG way. With 'leadership' like that, however; don't be TOO surprised when your ad revenue won't pay for the pipe any longer...
While we do not discuss infractions of any persons with any others on this site. I went and looked at the area you mentioned and removed some additional posts with disrespectful terminology and issues as well as posts with collateral damage. (posts with removed quotes). This allows us a track record of everyone involved for future use if needed.

Please note. There are 15 of us and 200,000 or so members on 3 different sites. Occasionally, we have something reported or we happen across something and we might miss items. We also have lives away from the site and there are crazy times of the year when, (not an excuse for any of us) tempers are short due to outside stresses. In this case, preparing for or putting on the Camaro Fest which is extremely stressful for the staff... All of the moderators are 100% volunteers. Preparing for the Fest is a 1 to 2 year lead time event and the final days/weeks leading up to it is exceptionally busy and stressful. (Again, not an excuse but we are human.

Again, I took the time to go and look at the posts in question and removed additional postings. I will not discuss any warnings or infractions myself or others might have issued.

I hope this helps.

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 01:14 PM   #117
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
I do like the site...its definitely different, but its the only site I belong to..the moderators are great with the exception of one...but that's life ...keep the camaro5/6 rolling...
Old 08-09-2018, 07:04 PM   #118
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
I really like C5 it has been extremely helpful to me and my Camaro. Also, it has been moderated very well IMO.