Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2017, 07:02 PM   #85
saluki

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed View Post
No body get's "the shaft". Frankly I am tired of people insinuating we scam, steal, or rip people off. It is plain slander.

Orders go down one of a few ways...

1.) You tell us you need an order by a certain day. We charge accordingly (less discount), and we meet the agreement. This never happens really because time does not become an issue till after purchase.

2.) You come to us wanting the absolute best price. You do that, but you also agree to no promised delivery times. This is in the terms, the invoice, and even our signature.

Most people pick #2, and the leads to one of the following...
  • You wait for your stuff as agreed, and your order is filled.
  • You take the discount, then decide you don't want to wait. Or you read one of the half true posts here, and decide you don't want to be that person. Then because we normally don't cancel, you turn the screws on us with forum posts, constant calling, BBB complaints and so forth until the order is filled.
  • You file a dispute, while pushing us to fill your order. This is actually fraud on the customers part and we fight them win. But it ties up delivery and the money for up to 60 days. I am not sending you thousands of dollars in parts without being paid.
  • Lastly in isolated instances where the order is taking too long, or cannot be filled, we refund the customer.
IN NO WAY are we stealing or ripping people off. You are not in business 15 years if you do this. The only real fraud is on the customers part when they decide to try and get out of the wait agreed to by filling a cc dispute.
Then don't LIE on a weekly basis on when they will ship out. That seems to be a really ****ing common theme I see in all of the posts.

How much you guys bribing to stay on as a sponsor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmetal Speedster View Post
When in reality to you the only two jobs in the world where you get paid to guess and get it wrong every time is being a weatherman and working at Maryland Speed.
Old 11-24-2017, 08:57 PM   #86
EdRedCamaro2
4BC Motorsports

Drives: 2010 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdRedCamaro2 View Post
After reading numerous posts here, I see that I'm not the only one who is waiting for parts from Maryland Speed. I've been waiting 3 weeks already and it isn't a custom part. An axle-back exhaust should not take this long.

I guess I'm spoiled by the timely service I have received from Amazon, Tire Rack, RockAuto.com, AcuraOEMParts.com, HandA.com, GM Parts Direct and other online retailers. Every one of them has delivered in under 2 weeks, most in under one week.
UPDATE: I got fed up with waiting for my axle-back exhaust. My original order was in late September. By mid-October I got responses such as "our supplier has one coming in stock", "later this week or early next week". By late October, the story became "being checked into inventory", the next MS response a week later was that the part was being "sourced from another supplier", and on and on. I finally gave up in frustration and cancelled my order in early November, after almost two months of waiting.

Instead, I ordered the part direct from SLP on Saturday evening, the week before Thanksgiving. My order showed up on Tuesday evening, just TWO BUSINESS DAYS, and I installed it the same evening. Thanks to SLP, I got my part via STANDARD UPS ground service in just two business days. No run-around, no stall tactics. That is the right way to do business.

Maryland Speed is the worst online experience I have ever encountered.
Arrived 9/24/09

"In racing, they say that your car goes where your eyes go...I know it's true; racing doesn't lie" The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
Old 11-24-2017, 09:59 PM   #87
MarylandSpeed

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by saluki View Post
Then don't LIE on a weekly basis on when they will ship out. That seems to be a really ****ing common theme I see in all of the posts.

How much you guys bribing to stay on as a sponsor?
We don't take a discount, and agree to no promised delivery date, then constantly ask when you stuff is gonna ship. The problem is, if you get a discount, the answer should be "It will ship when it ships because of the discount". However some people won't accept that, and continually pushes for dates. That forces you into giving your best guess. Then if the guess does not come true, it becomes "YOU LIED TO ME"

443-730-9428 - www.marylandspeed.com - Great Prices and Free Shipping!

* CURRENT SALES * ORDER TERMS * DISCOUNT POLICY
Old 11-25-2017, 02:36 AM   #88
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
Quote:
No body get's "the shaft". Frankly I am tired of people insinuating we scam, steal, or rip people off. It is plain slander.

1.) You tell us you need an order by a certain day. We charge accordingly (less discount), and we meet the agreement. This never happens really because time does not become an issue till after purchase.

2.) You come to us wanting the absolute best price. You do that, but you also agree to no promised delivery times. This is in the terms, the invoice, and even our signature.

• You take the discount, then decide you don't want to wait. Or you read one of the half true posts here, and decide you don't want to be that person. Then because we normally don't cancel, you turn the screws on us with forum posts, constant calling, BBB complaints and so forth until the order is filled.
  • You file a dispute, while pushing us to fill your order. This is actually fraud on the customers part and we fight them win. But it ties up delivery and the money for up to 60 days. I am not sending you thousands of dollars in parts without being paid.
  • Lastly in isolated instances where the order is taking too long, or cannot be filled, we refund the customer.
IN NO WAY are we stealing or ripping people off. You are not in business 15 years if you do this. The only real fraud is on the customers part when they decide to try and get out of the wait agreed to by filling a cc dispute.
You can choose to view that no one is getting the shaft if you prefer, but I would strongly urge you to read this entire thread and feedback section. The people speak for themselves. It's probably hard to see the issue when you're the one sitting on peoples money for months on end when they ordered something that should have been to them way before it has been. You create your own rep. No other vendor on here who competes with your pricing has this issue. So don't get upset with us when we point out the error in your ways.

Quote:
We don't take a discount, and agree to no promised delivery date, then constantly ask when you stuff is gonna ship. The problem is, if you get a discount, the answer should be "It will ship when it ships because of the discount". However some people won't accept that, and continually pushes for dates. That forces you into giving your best guess. Then if the guess does not come true, it becomes "YOU LIED TO ME"
So you're saying when you give a customer a wait time on a product and it ends up not being true, that isn't a lie? I get your wait times are estimated, and that isn't the issue here for most people. The issue is your estimations are so far off that if they knew that going in they wouldn't have ordered from you. Then when they confront you because three weeks turns into two months, you see it as unjustified because you declare wait times are just estimations. Then you continually kick the can while stringing everyone along with more unrealistic ship times When in reality to you the only two jobs in the world where you get paid to guess and get it wrong every time is being a weatherman and working at Maryland Speed.
504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Old 11-25-2017, 08:24 AM   #89
jrhagen
Banned

Drives: Camaro
There is an easy solution to the ship time estimates. Instead of 6-8 weeks, for example, just say 6-8 months. If it ships on time, you hit your estimate. If it ships early, you are a hero. If it ships late, that is a real issue.
See how much business you get with that realistic estimate.
Old 11-25-2017, 08:33 AM   #90
saluki

Quote:
When in reality to you the only two jobs in the world where you get paid to guess and get it wrong every time is being a weatherman and working at Maryland Speed.
Sigged

Quote:
Old 11-25-2017, 08:18 PM   #91
rviper24

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 6-Speed
I'm just over here waiting for my order to cancel and get my refund.... It's been so long at this point I doubt it's going to happen.

2014 Camaro 2SS RS Package, 6 Speed, Corsa Catback, Speed Engineering Long Tube Headers Catless, 1LE Steering wheel, VMS plug wires, Strut Brace, Soon to be tuned by Complete Street Performance.
Old 11-26-2017, 05:50 PM   #92
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Good business under promise and over produce. If you would understand this concept and follow it, you wouldn't being having all these issues. Hopefully you figure it out before its too late.
Old 11-27-2017, 12:50 PM   #93
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Besides Maryland Speed themselves, there have been 31 people posting to this thread. How many of you 31 have actually ordered anything from Maryland Speed?
Old 11-27-2017, 01:40 PM   #94
Cuda7050

Drives: 2012 SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
Besides Maryland Speed themselves, there have been 31 people posting to this thread. How many of you 31 have actually ordered anything from Maryland Speed?

Like I said before, I ordered headers and cats in July. Agreed to switch to step headers and received them in October, still waiting on the cats four months later. Tried to cancel my cats order and get a refund, but got no response. Working through my credit card company now.
Buttonwillow 2:23.736
Sacramento Raceway 12.89 at 112 mph
Thunderhill 2:22.242
Old 11-27-2017, 03:30 PM   #95
saluki

Quote:
I cancelled after a month when i found this thread.

Quote:
Old 11-27-2017, 05:13 PM   #96
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by saluki View Post
Sigged
504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Old 11-27-2017, 06:21 PM   #97
Cuda7050

Drives: 2012 SS LS3
Quote:

Okay, since you have obviously been through this numerous times with frustrated customers like me, how does this situation end for me? Refund, parts delivered or what?
Buttonwillow 2:23.736
Sacramento Raceway 12.89 at 112 mph
Thunderhill 2:22.242
Old 11-27-2017, 08:31 PM   #98
EdRedCamaro2
4BC Motorsports

Drives: 2010 1SS
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuda7050 View Post
Like I said before, I ordered headers and cats in July. Agreed to switch to step headers and received them in October, still waiting on the cats four months later. Tried to cancel my cats order and get a refund, but got no response. Working through my credit card company now.
Cuda, I am in the exact same situation. Maryland Speed did not respond to my cancellation and I am working with my credit card company.

To Iron Lung Jimmy: I would not be wasting my time posting on this thread if I didn't have skin in the game. Look at my other posts, and I can prove every step of it.
Arrived 9/24/09

"In racing, they say that your car goes where your eyes go...I know it's true; racing doesn't lie" The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein

Closed Thread

Tags
marylandspeed, poor customer service, slow delivery