Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2011 Camaro5 Fest (II)

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 10:37 AM   #267
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
All,

Autocross times are usually established by years of seat time. Danny is an INCREDIBLE AC driver based on SKILL and SEAT TIME. Then we have the exception. King Bambino. Kevin had NEVER run an AC. He was a first timer in a daily driver. Slow Lap 71 Fast Lap 57 He took 14 seconds off his lap time with 10 runs over the weekend. WOW!

Danny goes out and clocks a slow of 53 and a fast of 50. The difference is 3 seconds. You can see the difference in consistency that seat time combined with skill makes. Great driving Danny.

Talk about consistent in a RENTAL V6! Rob Anderson's fast to slow time are separated by .8 seconds. Rob was the most consistent driver on the course IN A RENTAL 6.

Dan Howard showed up with a car he built over the winter. He was shaking down a new car and making adjustments on the fly. That is the worst way to run an AC. The car is different every time you run. On the other hand, it is the only way to dial in your car unless you have a test and tune available. AC is more about the driver than the car. Dan's car is close to dialed in for his SCCA season, well it will be after a few alignment changes Dan built a great car and should be pleased with his result.

That brings us to why we love to AC. AC is the safest environment to learn how to drive your Camaro fast. You come to C5FEST AC to have fun with your friends and become a better driver. You can drive a rental or an over the top built car. It doesn't matter. Your first ACs are the best because you are having so much fun learning and not worried about winning. If you always focus on learning, you will take home your fair share of trophies or plaques. The is particularly true at the Camaro5FEST. You are there for only two reasons -- honing your driving skills and having fun with your C5 friends. In that respect, EVERONE IS A WINNER because you were there.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:04 AM   #268
Erik@Torq

Drives: '10 SS + '04 Z16 Z06 S/C
Send a message via MSN to Erik@Torq
Just wanted to say thanks to the whole crew at Pedders & gang as well as the C5 crew for an awesome event! We had a blast at the autocross and were very happy with the results considering the competition!

We drove just a hair over 5000 miles from Miami, raced for 2 days straight and drove back home again with zero issues. If my Camaro is not the true definition of a street car I don't know what is!

I came in 3rd place in the Super Modified, just after Conrad in the Blu808 car and Danny in the Pfadt car. Considering being a full weight daily driver on R888's i could not be happier!

My wife rolled in some pretty decent times as well, I think a 54.xx i what I saw on our video which I was very impressed with! Especially since she has never driven the car on track after all the mods. So a huge congrats to her

Thanks again guys for a great weekend!

Old 04-20-2011, 11:09 AM   #269
Jaysin

Drives: 2015 Chevrolet SS
Great job everyone. Wish I could have been there to shake things up. I can't wait for the next opportunity.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:35 PM   #270
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Erik, your dedication to getting results is second to none. It was fantastic to see you guys our there with all of us at Pfadt and the Camaro5 community.

It is important to note as people have mentioned in this thread already, that Autocross translates directly to street driving in almost every way. If you have a car that is set up for the Autocross correctly, you have a car that is set up for the street correctly. Erik and Torq are the QUINTESSENTIAL example of what it takes to do this properly.

Erik builds his own car, tunes it, sets up his own suspension for the street and the track, and DRIVES his car to EVERY event, no matter how far. And on top of all of this, he gets results to prove he knows what he's doing. Erik is a great driver as well, but the driver can only do so much with what he works with. This is why Erik prepares so well for every event to make sure his skills can focus on bringing home the results and not chasing set up problems with engine and chassis builds.

A BIG thanks to EVERYONE involved who put on the event for making it happen. I know there were some struggles but it looked like everyone's hard work paid off in the end.

Naturally we were very excited that Pfadt took the overall victory at this event (for the second year in a row!). We have put a lot of time into last minute preparation of this car and were thrilled to make it on time and could not be happier with the results. Erik has been a partner of ours for quite a long time and kicked it into high-gear to beat the rest of the field. Finally, we were super-excited to see first timer Michael Travers take third in his group for the Autocross. Michael has an amazing build and after getting on the track for the first time at the Camaro5Fest Track Assault, he got results in the Autocross. More importantly, Michael is truly a fantastic guy and he brought his family to the Fest and had an amazing time.

Congrats to everyone!

Last edited by PfadtRacing; 04-22-2011 at 11:37 AM.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:43 PM   #271
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
More pics of Michael Travers and his third place finish and Team Pfadt accepting the victory!

Old 04-20-2011, 01:14 PM   #272
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik@Torq View Post
Just wanted to say thanks to the whole crew at Pedders & gang as well as the C5 crew for an awesome event! We had a blast at the autocross and were very happy with the results considering the competition!

We drove just a hair over 5000 miles from Miami, raced for 2 days straight and drove back home again with zero issues. If my Camaro is not the true definition of a street car I don't know what is!

I came in 3rd place in the Super Modified, just after Conrad in the Blu808 car and Danny in the Pfadt car. Considering being a full weight daily driver on R888's i could not be happier!

My wife rolled in some pretty decent times as well, I think a 54.xx i what I saw on our video which I was very impressed with! Especially since she has never driven the car on track after all the mods. So a huge congrats to her

Thanks again guys for a great weekend!

Eric,

You put on quite a show only to be upstaged by your wife as Most Improved Driver Thank you for attending. We look forward to seeing you next year at the AC!
Old 04-20-2011, 01:15 PM   #273
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysin View Post
Great job everyone. Wish I could have been there to shake things up. I can't wait for the next opportunity.
Next year man. It is written in the
Old 04-20-2011, 01:21 PM   #274
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Talk about consistent in a RENTAL V6! Rob Anderson's fast to slow time are separated by .8 seconds. Rob was the most consistent driver on the course IN A RENTAL 6.
I pulled the slowest time out from everyone's runs, and with that i was at .233 best to worst, when i ran the final lap i ran it with out a second person in the car like i had on all of the other laps giving people rides. Eric at Torq was next at .720 everyone else was well over a second.

When i ran the last run, i ran it alone for the first time, and Mike Haddad told me that the 177 had just run a 55, but i didn't know if he was running in my class or not, lol.

Bottom line is i had a great time!
Old 04-20-2011, 01:23 PM   #275
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@WretchedMS View Post
I pulled the slowest time out from everyone's runs, and with that i was at .233 best to worst, when i ran the final lap i ran it with out a second person in the car like i had on all of the other laps giving people rides. Eric at Torq was next at .720 everyone else was well over a second.

When i ran the last run, i ran it alone for the first time, and Mike Haddad told me that the 177 had just run a 55, but i didn't know if he was running in my class or not, lol.

Bottom line is i had a great time!
Rob,

Your driving was sensational. How many people did you take out to experience a high quality AC run?
Old 04-20-2011, 01:24 PM   #276
Rob@WretchedMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
That car number 45 is me Tim Miller LOL, I wish i could have been in the finalists :( There's always C5FIII!!!
fixed on my computer, i'll upload the pics again with a couple other corrections.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:26 PM   #277
JusticePete

Quote:
fixed on my computer, i'll upload the pics again with a couple other corrections.
I can't find a single time on my Impala runs. Did you delete them becuase they were faster than yours
Old 04-20-2011, 01:34 PM   #278
Rob@WretchedMS

I didn't post charity laps, lol

what did the Gator run?
Old 04-20-2011, 01:40 PM   #279
JusticePete

Quote:
I didn't post charity laps, lol

what did the Gator run?
I think it was a blazing 90 seconds and no cones I was flat out the whole course
Old 04-20-2011, 01:51 PM   #280
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
was there a competition between Pedders, Pfadt, and someone else on track time?

Closed Thread