Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 08-12-2015, 10:24 AM   #15
SlowSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Awesome. Thanks. Only problem is I have no idea what I'm looking at lol. I can upload a pic of the alignment sheet tonight when I get home. I know it said on the paper it was FE2 with WRS. I'm assuming with the Pfadt springs it would be different?
Old 08-12-2015, 11:15 AM   #16
SlowSS

So dealer just called and they did the road force balance and said the driver side tire is so bad out of round that they can't even get it balanced. Told me to file a claim for the warranty with Goodyear and they should replace it no problem. The right side was off but they go it taken care of. It's just weird that it only does it under acceleration. The S. advisor told me the other shop did try to get it to balance because there was a whole lot more weights on the left than the right as he kind of chucked a bit.

Kind of pisses me off that the shop that did the install didn't mention anything about them not being able to get it to balance.
Old 08-12-2015, 11:25 AM   #17
Jpnyhc1le

Drives: 2013 camaro 1ss 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSS View Post
So dealer just called and they did the road force balance and said the driver side tire is so bad out of round that they can't even get it balanced. Told me to file a claim for the warranty with Goodyear and they should replace it no problem. The right side was off but they go it taken care of. It's just weird that it only does it under acceleration. The S. advisor told me the other shop did try to get it to balance because there was a whole lot more weights on the left than the right as he kind of chucked a bit.

Kind of pisses me off that the shop that did the install didn't mention anything about them not being able to get it to balance.
That shop sucks! Drivers side rear?

Jpnyhc1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 12:05 PM   #18
SlowSS

That is correct, drivers side rear. Calling tireracknow to get this rolling.
Old 08-12-2015, 12:07 PM   #19
GMUSA#1

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
'I know it said on the paper it was FE2 with WRS. I'm assuming with the Pfadt springs it would be different?

Not sure on this SlowSS. I would research Pfadt's recommendation on that. See if the defective tire fixes things, but still look into the alignment specs...

'Kind of pisses me off that the shop that did the install didn't mention anything about them not being able to get it to balance.'

I feel your pain! When you get the new tire, have them balance both(if the good one is not already done) tires or try to get them too balance them close to 15lbs. My dealer (Hendrick) has a Hunter unit and having the same issue's you had on my '06 GTO, they were able to get two tires to 8lbs and one at 12 and the other at 15. The tire tech spent close to two hours doing this and was dedicated to doing the best! He did. Originally I had bought the tires through Discount Tire and there was no cost for balancing, but there balancing machine(not sure of the name) considered a tire 'Successful' at 25lbs and it maybe the same for the Hunter. You may have to pay extra for the time, but that's your call. It was WAY worth it to me. If you choose not to go with <-25lbs specs, ask them what the balance value was after they finish. The 'PASS' balance maybe sufficient. It sounds like you know what the problem is. Hope all goes well! Sorry for the long post.

Brent
GMUSA#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 12:09 PM   #20
Jpnyhc1le

Drives: 2013 camaro 1ss 1le
Quote:
That is correct, drivers side rear. Calling tireracknow to get this rolling.
When you accelerate the weight goes to the rear so the vibration will be much more noticeable

Jpnyhc1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 12:39 PM   #21
SlowSS

Thank you all for your help! TireRack seems to be helping me with getting a new tire shipped out quickly. Hendrick in Buford, Ga is where the car is now and they said everything else is spot on. Going to hit up the other shop that did the original install to see what they will offer....I am assuming I will just have to have this as a lesson learned. I honestly did not know there was a difference between a regular balance and a road force balance.

I almost feel like an idiot for even posting about it, but you guys kept me from overthinking it and it was/is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again
Old 08-12-2015, 12:46 PM   #22
GMUSA#1

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Glad to help, that's what it is all about helping each other! Camaro5 forum is a great knowledge base and it has helped me tremendously!
Keep us updated !

Brent
GMUSA#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 08:15 PM   #23
Southern Comfort
No Tags/Habitual Violator

Drives: 2012 SIM 2SS/RS & z71
Quote:
...no, the TC light does not flash. What you thinking it might be?
A bad tire makes perfect sense - just as you thought it was something simple. Next time compare the number of weights from wheel to wheel. You'll see when somethings out of the ordinary.

As for TC, it wasnt clear to me how hard you were accelerating. Some use the term loosely and pedal way harder than others. One thing I noticed with one set of GY 305s I had was they actually spun easier than the stretched 285. I never roasted em, but they definitely broke loose easier than the 285s. TC would flash, but it never shook the car like you described.

btw - there's a used pair of these (GY 305 tires) in my basement that will be looking for a good home soon
Southern Comfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 10:58 AM   #24
Cool1LE

Drives: 2014 Blk 2SS/1LE
When I changed my tires out I went through 3 that weren't up to spec.
What I did was buy the tires THEN go to a good shop that repaired rims/installed tires that didn't have any vested interest in pushing out the tires
Pain in the a$$ with returns and everything but after reading this thread I think my instincts were correct and I have 4 tires as they should be
Cool1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 10:20 AM   #25
SlowSS

Just a quick update, the new tire should be here tomorrow so I will be getting that one installed by the end of the week at Hendrick. Also the road force balance number for the right side is at 14 with all green and the left is at 18, but the shows red in both of the smartweight charts (both up and down and left and right).
Old 08-21-2015, 05:34 PM   #26
SlowSS

Well new update. Got the more tire put on and the vibration is still there. I guess next thing is to get it re-aligned. Does anyone know if there would be a major difference between a V6 alignment and the 1LE?
Old 08-21-2015, 05:45 PM   #27
Iron Oak
Club Motorsports Track Op

Drives: STI, Land Rover and future 1LE
Quote:
Well new update. Got the more tire put on and the vibration is still there. I guess next thing is to get it re-aligned. Does anyone know if there would be a major difference between a V6 alignment and the 1LE?
A. An alignment will not remedy a vibration. Brakes, tires, rims, driveshafts, axles yes

Alignment no
Iron Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 05:53 PM   #28
Iron Oak
Club Motorsports Track Op

Drives: STI, Land Rover and future 1LE
If the original shop where you got the problem tires did the alignment, it might not be a bad idea to get the alignment redone regardless. The specs from a V6 to a 1LE will be different. Different weight, tire and rim width etc.
Iron Oak is offline   Reply With Quote