Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2020, 10:47 PM   #15
Silveradoss573

 
Silveradoss573's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Missouri
Posts: 842
At 70 mph, mines around 1600 rpm
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 11:42 PM   #16
ariZona28

 
ariZona28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Mesa, Az
Posts: 760
Just for reference: '15 Z/28 all stock 2100 RPM @ 80 mph in 6th gear.
__________________
2LS: a TREMENDOUS machine. Z/28: it's a BIT MORE POWERFUL, of course.
ariZona28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 09:24 AM   #17
2016scatpack
 
Drives: sdfgsgbfgbrgb
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: nj
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariZona28 View Post
Just for reference: '15 Z/28 all stock 2100 RPM @ 80 mph in 6th gear.
Is a z28 a 3.91 gear and the wheel and tire same height?

disregard, just looked it up and a z28 wheel and tire is 1.7 inches shorter
2016scatpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 10:29 AM   #18
olblue75


 
olblue75's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Clarksville Tennesse.
Posts: 5,442
So 3.91 in a SS non-1LE car with Nitto 285/35/20 doing 85 I’m just between 2100-2200.
__________________
Orange Krush II
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 06:09 PM   #19
2016scatpack
 
Drives: sdfgsgbfgbrgb
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: nj
Posts: 37
I did everything at 2500rpms roughly

1st 19mph
2nd 29mph
3rd 40mph
4th 50mph
5th 66mph
6th 80mph
2016scatpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 07:01 PM   #20
SIM GhostrdrZ

 
SIM GhostrdrZ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Z/28
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Ohio
Posts: 943
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2016scatpack View Post
I did everything at 2500rpms roughly

1st 19mph
2nd 29mph
3rd 40mph
4th 50mph
5th 66mph
6th 80mph
I just used 4th gear of 1.0 gear ratio to try to show the other 2 variables. Tire size or diff gearing. Iím sure thereís others that are far more knowledgeable that hopefully will chime in.
I used tire size of 27.8, is that the actual size? You might go physical measure what you have if you havenít already done so.
Attached Images
  
SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 12:08 AM   #21
2016scatpack
 
Drives: sdfgsgbfgbrgb
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: nj
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIM GhostrdrZ View Post
I just used 4th gear of 1.0 gear ratio to try to show the other 2 variables. Tire size or diff gearing. Iím sure thereís others that are far more knowledgeable that hopefully will chime in.
I used tire size of 27.8, is that the actual size? You might go physical measure what you have if you havenít already done so.
tire size is stock, i just looked up a gearing calculator. it matches with a .8 5th and a .67 6th. 1st through 4th match the stock 1le gears
2016scatpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 09:02 AM   #22
SIM GhostrdrZ

 
SIM GhostrdrZ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Z/28
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Ohio
Posts: 943
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2016scatpack View Post
tire size is stock, i just looked up a gearing calculator. it matches with a .8 5th and a .67 6th. 1st through 4th match the stock 1le gears
I used 4th gear as it takes out that variable of trans gearing because itís 1:1 and so the only variables are diff gears and tire size and with the engine rpm that you stated at 2500 is another constant. So your 4th gear does not match a stock 1LE as I previously posted.
Good luck
SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.