Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 05-04-2011, 10:06 PM   #43
Alfieboy
Madman

Drives: 2017 1SS
again...
Ebay -Paypal sucks...period... you take a 100 chance of loss selling...

buyers ...its their best buddy.....

if you havent been screwed yet, you will. Been a member since ebay started,before they bought paypal..and bidpay & others were allowed......

Ya all need to be very caustious selling and accepting ebay..

and posting no refund or returns on the ad dont mean sqat..lol..

watch when you get a paypal dispute.. see if that no return hold up..lmao..it wont..and and the thought of supping info to enforce your sellers case..may as well not bother.it does no good... I speak from experience..you may make your own jusgement
Alfieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 02:12 PM   #44
ScottieBlkSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxlbeerz View Post
Just sold 6 or 7 stereo and computer items I had around on eBay, already have someone claiming the video card I sent them doesn't work. (of course it worked perfectly, I just took it out to upgrade)

I assume now eBay/Paypal is going to let them send it back even though my auction says no returns. I'm positive I will either not get the same card I sent back, or the punk damaged it. In any case, if it plays out this way again, I am done with both services. I been selling stuff online for a long time and try to give people pretty good deals on stuff I'm not using, ship fast, help with tech, etc. but these days it all favors scammers.

Going to try and stick to forums, money order, local, or I'll just throw shit away so I don't have to get so pissed off.

*Sorry had to rant.

WOW, Another one bites the dust, This is just so unfortunate. I mean there is hardly Not a such thing as good honest business anymore, I have had nothing but GREAT luck on here as a buyer and seller, This DOES not apply to anyone on here I have had dealings with. But I did get screwed on Pyschobike, and corvette forum.
From here on out, I list things AS IS with no surprises when the buyers get them. If there is a problem with the item I advertise that, So I DONT expect to get screwed either nor do I want somone else's broken crap.
From here on out for me its a personal check, bank cashiers check, or postal money order, and I will ship the items once the money clears my account, I mean fair is fair !!!
Old 05-10-2011, 10:44 AM   #45
xxlbeerz

Drives: 2010 Black on Black
Yes, scammed again, they issued a refund.
Can you still be scammed if you insist on a PayPal gift? I suppose they could still do a chargeback right?

What I don't understand is the business model itself. I personally don't normally buy used items to save money because I don't want to assume the risk. The "buyer protection" is supposed to increase buyer confidence and make more sales, but in the end if you get scammed once you lose any profit you might have made. The seller now has all the risk, when imo the buyer trying to save money buying used should have it.

I guess the only solution is to stick to using these services for very inexpensive items and keep the higher priced stuff cash/money order (unless the buyer is known, i.e. can sell to scottieblkss! ).
xxlbeerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:30 AM   #46
DJBullitz

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
Paypal.. uses your cc so file a complaint with your cc company and claim fraud. Your cc company will work to protect your intrests.
DJBullitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:10 PM   #47
ScottieBlkSS

Quote:
Yes, scammed again, they issued a refund.
Can you still be scammed if you insist on a PayPal gift? I suppose they could still do a chargeback right?

What I don't understand is the business model itself. I personally don't normally buy used items to save money because I don't want to assume the risk. The "buyer protection" is supposed to increase buyer confidence and make more sales, but in the end if you get scammed once you lose any profit you might have made. The seller now has all the risk, when imo the buyer trying to save money buying used should have it.

I guess the only solution is to stick to using these services for very inexpensive items and keep the higher priced stuff cash/money order (unless the buyer is known, i.e. can sell to scottieblkss! ).
Thanks buddy, I had nothing but good luck out of you and everything was definately as described, Thanks for the honest heads up business, I hope everything works out for you....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJBullitz View Post
Paypal.. uses your cc so file a complaint with your cc company and claim fraud. Your cc company will work to protect your intrests.
That may be an idea, But it still the point of the sellers have ZERO protection thru paypal...Which is NOT right!!!
Old 05-11-2011, 05:19 AM   #48
xxlbeerz

Drives: 2010 Black on Black
Been reading that fake money orders are common too. Guess cash is the only way to win?
xxlbeerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:45 PM   #49
ScottieBlkSS

Quote:
Been reading that fake money orders are common too. Guess cash is the only way to win?

Lawd, We can't win for loosing "Money"...
Old 05-17-2011, 12:50 AM   #50
Unique Auto Depot

Drives: Camaro 2010
Yea PayPal and eBay tend to favor the buyer 99% of the time but at the end of the day PayPal is one of the most secure forms of payment bit I hear you we use PayPal and they can be frustrating
Unique Auto Depot is offline   Reply With Quote