Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 08-01-2020, 01:04 PM   #15
1badmutha
2011 Camaro SS ***s..alot

Drives: Camaro SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebagger06 View Post
Here’s mine, SS4 with 6 speed
You should see my graph my tq. flat lines from around 4000 all the way to 6500 with spikes the whole way
1badmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 08:01 AM   #16
WEISHAAR37

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badmutha View Post
You should see my graph my tq. flat lines from around 4000 all the way to 6500 with spikes the whole way
Your car was likely tuned on the dyno with the TQ Converter unlocked. i have no clue why other tuners continue to do this as it ends up in a thread like this 90% of the time. it also seems that they did a very poor job of explaining to you what they actually did.

with the converter unlocked the engine is just that, unlocked from the rear wheels. the slip in the converter will show low peak HP numbers, and the flash will cause low TQ that looks like a tabletop because as the RPM increases the converter gets more efficient.

Like has been stated above, dont worry about what happened on the dyno as much as how it drives on the street and performs at the track.

Ben
Gwatney Performance Innovation
WEISHAAR37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 12:00 AM   #17
1badmutha
2011 Camaro SS ***s..alot

Drives: Camaro SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by WEISHAAR37 View Post
Your car was likely tuned on the dyno with the TQ Converter unlocked. i have no clue why other tuners continue to do this as it ends up in a thread like this 90% of the time. it also seems that they did a very poor job of explaining to you what they actually did.

with the converter unlocked the engine is just that, unlocked from the rear wheels. the slip in the converter will show low peak HP numbers, and the flash will cause low TQ that looks like a tabletop because as the RPM increases the converter gets more efficient.

Like has been stated above, dont worry about what happened on the dyno as much as how it drives on the street and performs at the track.

Ben
Gwatney Performance Innovation
Should they have got rid of the tq. management ? And should the converter stay unlocked or locked and where abouts ? It runs like a raped ape just seems like the hp/tq isnt getting to the ground .
1badmutha is offline   Reply With Quote