Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-11-2020, 01:08 PM   #1
moloko

Drives: Camaro V6 2011 and 2014 V6
Delete Cats on 2011 V6

Good day to everyone. As some of you know, my Camaro had a lot of injection problems in January of this year, it started with misfires in 2 to 3 cylinders (1,3 and 5) with the code P0089 (bad fuel regulator) and after a few months it started again with a new code P0087 low fuel pressure and misfires with white smoke and no power.

I changed the high pressure pump, it didn't improve anything.

I changed the injectors for 5 new ones of AC Delco (only 1 injector worked well according to the mechanic who made the test of injectors)

Now the car is running normally, but the problem remains that the engine feels a little heavy, and the fuel consumption is still very high.

When accelerating I feel like the exhaust is clogged, it seems logical since several times a lot of white smoke came out of the exhaust

Is there any special process to remove the catalyst? I know there are 4. Should we put the O2 Sensor Expander? I appreciate everyone's help

82k miles, no mods

New codes that came out after a lot of white smoke came out of the exhaust
P2270 O2 Sensor Signal Biased/Stuck Lean Bank 1 Sensor 2
P0137 Oxygen Sensor Circuit Low Voltage

Last edited by moloko; 09-12-2020 at 08:07 AM.
moloko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 08:05 AM   #2
moloko

Anybody please??
Old 09-12-2020, 09:51 AM   #3
BuddyLee

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Is it time to bite the bullet and run it into the GM service department for a service check. I did that yesterday after having some engine work done by a non GM repair shop just to make sure all work was done correctly. And I found out that the rear brakes were installed incorrectly. That the front calipers were shot. And that a belt that the repair shop said that was needed was not needed. Sometimes factory diagnosis is better then self diagnosis. You would not have all of your personal health problems issues diagnosed on Goggle as opposed to a visit to a doctor...was my logic for a complete factory check up. I do believe that the complete check was free. All I had to pay for was parts and labor on what they did discover.
BuddyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 09:57 AM   #4
Pearlj10

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT
Is your car overheating at all when it blows white smoke? You could try this tool out before pulling off the cats:
https://www.amazon.com/OEMTOOLS-2726...s%2C205&sr=8-1
It will tell you if you’re clogged at the cat, or post cat, and I believe you can rent the tool from the big franchises auto parts stores.

The catalysts would have to be cut out on these cars and pipe welded in their place if you decide to remove them. Or you could look at headers or Solo performance hi-flow cats to replace them. Easy bolt on solution.
Pearlj10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 10:19 AM   #5
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
Sorry for the confusion on the smoke thing in the other post, just had Lasik done thursday and struggling with vision issues.

If enough fuel was being dumped into the converters it could have oxidized the platinum but I honestly am not sure if you'd get a "clogged" exhaust from that. I know oil certainly will. I agree that it might be time to have a garage make the call and go from there.
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 09:42 PM   #6
moloko

My vehicle in January started having problems with fuel pressure and threw a lot of white smoke (raw fuel) down the exhaust several times, it had a lot of misfires.

Now after changing the high-pressure pump and inyectors for new AC Delco, I still feel the car lacks a little power and when accelerating it feels a little choked.

In this video the person removes his cats in the front, the back were already removed before. (This is how I want to do it)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVV9jNWS12E

What I want to know is, what do I do with the sensors? Do I put a spark plug extension on them? Please help me

Old 09-14-2020, 03:55 PM   #7
moloko

I am wanting to remove my catalysts but I am waiting for the answer of some enlightened of the group that clarifies for me once if the O2 sensors both the rear and the front, if they should be put with expanders to fool the ECU?

Old 09-14-2020, 04:09 PM   #8
moloko

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyLee View Post
Is it time to bite the bullet and run it into the GM service department for a service check. I did that yesterday after having some engine work done by a non GM repair shop just to make sure all work was done correctly. And I found out that the rear brakes were installed incorrectly. That the front calipers were shot. And that a belt that the repair shop said that was needed was not needed. Sometimes factory diagnosis is better then self diagnosis. You would not have all of your personal health problems issues diagnosed on Goggle as opposed to a visit to a doctor...was my logic for a complete factory check up. I do believe that the complete check was free. All I had to pay for was parts and labor on what they did discover.
I do not live in the USA, and therefore do not have a GM condition. Yes, there are Chevrolet representatives but they do not touch vehicles that are not purchased from them, and most of the few Camaros that are in my country are direct imports... So I'm alone on that issue.

I don't take my car to the shop because here they always scam you off, but always. They charge a lot for being a Camaro because here it is seen as an extreme luxury vehicle even though it is a basic mechanical work.

The first times I had a problem with my car that overheated the engine did not solve me, I was charged very expensive for labor but always followed the problem, so I decided to repair myself as long as it is in my options. I have a cousin who understands a lot of mechanics and he helped me a lot, he changed the inyectors several times without any problem. He changed the starter motor, pulleys, the high pressure pump...all by himself and without any help

I was trying to register in the other page (bowt... V6) but when wanting to register there is an error, the image does not appear to avoid automatic registrations

Last edited by moloko; 09-14-2020 at 04:22 PM.
Old 09-16-2020, 03:05 PM   #9
moloko

I already got the answer, I just had to look in Cadillac Forums, something I didn't find here in several weeks asking