Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 09-26-2015, 02:55 PM   #99
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by tajefe View Post
Perhaps it's a symbol for eating disorder, and that leads to overweight people taking the spots????
Thyroid disorder... easily happens.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 09:29 PM   #100
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherob View Post
Thyroid disorder... easily happens.
Thyroid disorders only lead to about 10% increase in BMI- the rest of an obese person's problem is good old fashioned non-medical issue.

Anyway- I'm a disabled vet and I try REALLY hard not to gimp around and it hurts my pride immensely when I can't lift something or move something so I often overdo it. I've had plenty of people give me crap about not being disabled enough while I have days where it takes enough oxycontin to kill a horse to keep from curling up in a ball to cry.

When I drove my lifted Land Rover, people always commented about how can a handicapped person have something like that. I usually just asked them when I became a second class citizen and wasn't able to buy and drive whatever I like.
People are nasty.
It hurts like hell to get in my Camaro and getting out is less than graceful- but life is too short to drive something you don't like. That's one thing I learned from being disabled... but I'll always try to keep you from noticing when you see me.
2015 2LT Ported TB, Ported intake, JACFAB intake spacer, Borla exhaust, IPF 91 tune, Complete 1/LE suspension, Brembo brakes, Goodridge lines, Elite catch can, CAI with Thermo-wrap, 275/40-20 x 10's all around, Z/28 spoiler, GM splitter, Alpine/Polk stereo with AudiControl interface.
VTSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 09:32 PM   #101
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Thanks for your service!
Old 09-26-2015, 09:44 PM   #102
BATGYRL

Drives: Black 2015 LT1 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
Oh don't get me stared on this. Oh what the hell, you drive a V6 (1LT, not LT1), not an RS!!!
Well actually I drive an RS but no matter I drive what I like and can afford and I'm not angry or even judgements like. It just kills me that at my job where I've parked my old truck no t one comment now ppl have an opinion. Whatever you drive I'm happy for you. It wouldn't matter if I drove an Le I work everyday with my handicap kickboxing and lift. I'm not fat nor lazy. I just think others may want things they aren't ready the get yet so the judge others in the meantime. Some are fortunate to work thru their handi while others do their very best and a close spot eases their pain. My car my pymt my handi decal my LT1 w/ RS next time I'll get upgrade and wave my placard in the air like I just do not care!!!!
BATGYRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 12:16 AM   #103
trodecke

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS CRT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXsilvy View Post
or lazy fat ****s who just don't want to walk (guess how they ended up weighing 500 lbs)
It is a bit out of line but that's OK. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. It's "stuff" like this that makes me not want to use the carts even though I'm causing more damage to my surgically repaired knee by walking on it. It's easy to see if someone has a broken leg or is an amputee but it's much more difficult to see the three tiny incisions on my knee that are the visual reminders of my surgery.

The point being, not all handicaps are readily apparent and while there certainly are people that ride the carts for no reason other than not wanting to walk (or use the placards when they're not handicapped), we simply don't have enough information to pass judgement on anyone just by looking at them.

trodecke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 04:06 AM   #104
2SSJIM

Drives: 2012 CRT ZL1 #1400
Quote:
Originally Posted by BATGYRL View Post
Well actually I drive an RS but no matter I drive what I like and can afford and I'm not angry or even judgements like. It just kills me that at my job where I've parked my old truck no t one comment now ppl have an opinion. Whatever you drive I'm happy for you. It wouldn't matter if I drove an Le I work everyday with my handicap kickboxing and lift. I'm not fat nor lazy. I just think others may want things they aren't ready the get yet so the judge others in the meantime. Some are fortunate to work thru their handi while others do their very best and a close spot eases their pain. My car my pymt my handi decal my LT1 w/ RS next time I'll get upgrade and wave my placard in the air like I just do not care!!!!
I know what you mean, I to have a Handicap Placard for my ZL1 and get looks every now and then. I used to wear my old knee brace on the outside of my jeans, the new one fits under so when folks have to poke their nose in my business, I let them feel my brace an then tell them to piss off. It's funny though, no one has ever asked me anything when I have my 9mm with holster on.
2SSJIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 11:49 AM   #105
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
I had one lady shout across the parking lot as I got out of an R8 "You sure don't look handicapped!" and I shouted back "You sure don't look like an orthopedic surgeon, you skank!"
It worked, she shut up and might even think twice before shooting off her stupid mouth.
2015 2LT Ported TB, Ported intake, JACFAB intake spacer, Borla exhaust, IPF 91 tune, Complete 1/LE suspension, Brembo brakes, Goodridge lines, Elite catch can, CAI with Thermo-wrap, 275/40-20 x 10's all around, Z/28 spoiler, GM splitter, Alpine/Polk stereo with AudiControl interface.
VTSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 11:00 AM   #106
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Same reason they wanted my wife to get one. She refused because of being so young and in need of a knee replacement. She ended up with the replacement last anyhow.
Pretty Sure when I go to my Knee Dr next week, he is going to recommend replacement. After 9 Surgeries to my left knee, it's time to upgrade to CoilOvers!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 11:19 AM   #107
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
Pretty Sure when I go to my Knee Dr next week, he is going to recommend replacement. After 9 Surgeries to my left knee, it's time to upgrade to CoilOvers!
Lol! Yeah, I tell everyone that I don't trade for newer models. I just have the old rebuilt once and a while.

She is supposed to have the other one done, but they are hoping to wait five more years.

Good luck! She is very glad she did it.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 11:54 AM   #108
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
I'm betting a few of the "judgers" that give you the stink eye simply because you drive a Camaro and have a handicap parking permit is that they are probably the same folks that think it's wrong for some panel of insurance goobers deciding if your health care coverage should cover something and come between you and your doctor. It's essentially the same thing; someone ELSE deciding whether you merit the benefit or not. Which would make them hypocrites.

Everyone's life is fu**d up at least in one area to some degree. If all the people that felt they should butt into other people's lives and tell them how to live would simply tend to their own flock and un-fu*k their own lives, the world might be a little less fu**d up overall.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 01:05 PM   #109
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess A View Post
I'm betting a few of the "judgers" that give you the stink eye simply because you drive a Camaro and have a handicap parking permit is that they are probably the same folks that think it's wrong for some panel of insurance goobers deciding if your health care coverage should cover something and come between you and your doctor. It's essentially the same thing; someone ELSE deciding whether you merit the benefit or not. Which would make them hypocrites.

Everyone's life is fu**d up at least in one area to some degree. If all the people that felt they should butt into other people's lives and tell them how to live would simply tend to their own flock and un-fu*k their own lives, the world might be a little less fu**d up overall.
Well said.

So many people like to judge, without knowing all, or even most, of the facts, the backstory, the reason for things. They dream up their own little theory on why somebody is doing something, and then made a judgment, based on their own wild little imagination. This is known as "prejudice," and it's rampant.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 03:11 PM   #110
gen6waiter

Drives: Toyota Taco. 2010 SS-Sold :(
the parking spaces directly to the left adn right of handicap spaces should have signs that say...WARNING: Handicap Vehicle Occupants to your Left/Right will OPEN doors wide open and dent your car.
Old 09-28-2015, 03:52 PM   #111
gen6waiter

Drives: Toyota Taco. 2010 SS-Sold :(
whoa! that woman is insane!
Old 10-14-2015, 08:08 PM   #112
oneheadlite

Drives: 2015 SS/RS Camaro
My dad broke his back in the Navy in 1951. For years the doctors never knew what was wrong with him. Anyway, sometimes he could just barely get around. Never stopped him from going to work,(there were 5 of us) until he wasn't able to work in the mid 1980's.
In the early 80's, a local country doctor looked at an X-ray of his back and found his problem. The vertebra had grown back all twisted or not correct.
'Dad' had complained of how far he had to walk coming in to see the doctor. The doctor asked him if he didn't use his Handicap placard. Dad said, "I don't have one, don't need one." The doctor said if he ever knew of anyone that needed one, it was him. The doctor signed for one but Dad never used it. He said, "let someone that needs that space use it."

Then again, I've seen people use the spaces that don't need them.