Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-10-2015, 02:45 PM   #1
Black_Panther

Drives: Black LT-2 manual 6spd
gm recall

OK this may have been brought up before but I can't get the search tool to work on my phone.
I took my car yesterday to get the ignition recall done and all they did was take my key out of the fob and made it is own key did not expect this and said to them this is your fix so lame, it doesn't fix anything so went home cut the key out of it's plastic with a dremel and put it back in with a1/16" drill bit cut to fit naturally works as well as did before they fixed it.
Old 05-10-2015, 02:46 PM   #2
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
lolwut.
Old 05-10-2015, 03:03 PM   #3
Swacer

Drives: 2018 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Panther View Post
OK this may have been brought up before but I can't get the search tool to work on my phone.
I took my car yesterday to get the ignition recall done and all they did was take my key out of the fob and made it is own key did not expect this and said to them this is your fix so lame, it doesn't fix anything so went home cut the key out of it's plastic with a dremel and put it back in with a1/16" drill bit cut to fit naturally works as well as did before they fixed it.
Or you could have told them "don't touch my key!" and you wouldn't have had to do that
Old 05-10-2015, 03:07 PM   #4
Bizaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Redhot 1LE
I dont even know what he jut said.
Bizaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 04:59 PM   #5
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Say what?
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 05:04 PM   #6
ba2ss

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS M6
Quote:

let me translate the above "I didn't like the key recall so I reversed it with a dremel tool"
ba2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 05:04 PM   #7
SuperSport2011

Drives: 2011 camaro 2ss/rs rally yellow L99
I don't understand why you guys are so confused.He took his key in for the recall and all they did was seperate the key from the fob. OP didn't see the point to it so he went back home and reinstalled the key into the fob by using a dtemel.
- Kooks high flow cats - Borla atak 2.5" cat back exhaust - Dyno tune - AFM delete - 94 octane tune - Vitesse paddle shifters - Blacked out rims - Costum painted engine cover - T3 stripes - GM locking gas cap
SuperSport2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 05:27 PM   #8
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSport2011 View Post
I don't understand why you guys are so confused.He took his key in for the recall and all they did was seperate the key from the fob. OP didn't see the point to it so he went back home and reinstalled the key into the fob by using a dtemel.
They're not confused. They are on the internet.
Old 05-10-2015, 06:00 PM   #9
GNVenom
Turbos. Turbos. Turbos.

Drives: 2010 SS Yellow/Black
You can opt-out of the recall. The dealership will have you sign a form, and send you home with the key fob intact, never to get another post card reminder.

Caspers Electronics Inc.
Loveland CO
2010 2SS/RS Yellow/Black > http://www.bummlbe.com
GNVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 08:14 PM   #10
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
I took my car yesterday to get the ignition recall done...
Actually, you had the "key recall" done. The ignition recall is a whole other issue and only effects certain models.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 09:53 PM   #11
Software Guy

Drives: 2017 2SS, 2000 Trans Am Firehawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSport2011 View Post
He didn't sprek inglesh.

recall = old noose and surch is you are frend.
Old 05-10-2015, 10:01 PM   #12
seven

Drives: 2015 Camaro RS 2LT AGM
This is hilarious.... Yep the key was taken out cause people have hit key fob with leg while driving. And yes it looks stupid using existing key fob that is obviously the key blade is no longer there and big open area on side of fob. I ordered my car from factory and still got same solution. Gosh couldn't they give something nicer.
2015 RS Camaro 2LT with Sunroof, Performance Exhaust, Ground Effects, Tinted Windows, LED Fog Lights(DD), CAI Cold Air Intake, Ghosted Side Markers(Showstopper), Elite Catch Can, Xpel & SunTek PPF, Replica Z28 High Wing Spoiler, ZL1 Replica Wheels(Satin Black Factory Reproductions)
seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 11:34 PM   #13
SIN R G

Drives: 2008 VW R32, 2011 Synergy Green 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNVenom View Post
You can opt-out of the recall. The dealership will have you sign a form, and send you home with the key fob intact, never to get another post card reminder.
This is only half true. I signed the form at the dealer, but I keep getting the post card reminders. No big problem, I just toss them with the rest of the junk mail.
SIN R G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 11:36 PM   #14
Battlezone580

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE, 1969 Nova SS 396
Idk why everyone's bitching I like my new key. People always find something to complain about...

I got new keys and a free detail I'm happy!

18 ZL1 1LE|M6|Nav|PDR|CF Hood|CF WING|CF Dash|Tow Hook|
Battlezone580 is offline   Reply With Quote