Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 02-18-2016, 08:21 PM   #1
seanjhon

Drives: 2013 camaro
H20 Guard and Gloss by Adams (review)

So I been wanting to try and use the hairs and gloss because the weather is harsh out here in Colorado, and we have had a couple bad storms. So I have developed a ritual where every 6 months I strip the car, wash, clay, wax/polish then seal.

I do this mainly because of the drastic seasons change, so about every 6 months the weather changes I normally do the full detail. So on to the product..

I two bucket washed about a week ago so it wasn't that dirty, but I still two bucket washed for the new application of h20.

The instructional video tells you NOT to dry so I made sure I rinsed thoroughly.

I had a separate bucket of water for this process so I took a microfiber towel and submerged it then ring it out enough so where it is wet and damp.

You want to get all the water out because as you wipe you are (remember) wiping off the water as well.

So I sprayed the Sealent and you can see when it reacts with water, so from there you wipe with the damp rag, then use the dry rag to wipe off residue!!

Immediately I noticed the shine and gloss and it's amazing!!

From there just do panel by panel and you should be good!

Here is final product

I would recommend for a quick seal and gloss for any car, dd or even a garage queen. Real quick and easy and as you can see it's a good finish
Attached Images

seanjhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 06:24 AM   #2
bigwayne3000

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
I got some in my mystery bucket a few weeks ago and have been waiting to use it. Keeps snowing here in NJ.
bigwayne3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 08:39 AM   #3
seanjhon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwayne3000 View Post
I got some in my mystery bucket a few weeks ago and have been waiting to use it. Keeps snowing here in NJ.
I think you will like it. Anxious now to try some other products that are similar to really be able to tell a difference and compare.

Report back when you use yours lemme know what you think!!
Old 02-19-2016, 09:09 AM   #4
Botrod

Drives: 2012 Inferno Orange SS Vert
I was worried the h20 would be all hype but I'm just like you very impressed. I use it once a month on all my vehicles. I have found that it doesn't last nearly as long over top of wax. That isn't a surprise as they outline that clearly. Once the weather breaks I'm going to strip and seal my vehicles and skip the wax. Then this stuff should really last using it every few months.
Botrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 10:24 AM   #5
bigwayne3000

I have never clayed my car so I'm planning to do so this spring finally... question, after fixing the swirls and using their 2 step correction, can I just go right to this or should I add paint sealant first?
Old 02-19-2016, 10:36 AM   #6
Botrod

Drives: 2012 Inferno Orange SS Vert
Sealant will last longer. I always clay...polish...then seal. I maintain with H20
Botrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 11:05 AM   #7
bigwayne3000

Thanks!
Old 02-19-2016, 11:21 AM   #8
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
I bought this a last years Fest and it is GREAT!!!!
Old 02-19-2016, 04:13 PM   #9
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Thanks for the kind words, H20 Guard and Gloss is a great product!

Adam's Polishes is the Officially Licensed Car Care Product of Corvette & Camaro.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 05:41 AM   #10
BRZN

Drives: 2012 1LT
Quote:
I have never clayed my car so I'm planning to do so this spring finally... question, after fixing the swirls and using their 2 step correction, can I just go right to this or should I add paint sealant first?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botrod View Post
Sealant will last longer. I always clay...polish...then seal. I maintain with H20
H2O Guard & Gloss is a sealant. It just happens to be water activated.
Old 02-23-2016, 11:46 AM   #11
seanjhon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botrod View Post
I was worried the h20 would be all hype but I'm just like you very impressed. I use it once a month on all my vehicles. I have found that it doesn't last nearly as long over top of wax. That isn't a surprise as they outline that clearly. Once the weather breaks I'm going to strip and seal my vehicles and skip the wax. Then this stuff should really last using it every few months.
Hmm didnt think of that, I think when the weather breaks as well Im going to try your method and strip the car and reseal with this stuff.
Old 02-23-2016, 11:48 AM   #12
seanjhon

Quote:
Yep just what Botrod said, correct, polish then seal,
Old 02-23-2016, 11:52 AM   #13
seanjhon

Quote:
Also Bigwayne,

My shine comes from keeping the car in good condition with the method you are going to use (paint correction....etc) once you do all that...the claying, the correcting, as you maintain it and such your car will ALWAYS look flawless. Keep in mind my car is a DD AND my wife keeps the garage for her car so I have to keep it up ya know..lemme know if you have any questions. I am no expert but I can give you some tips and such.
Old 02-23-2016, 04:39 PM   #14
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Some HGG application help from Adam Pitale .

This is a tricky product and we should have clearer instructions. Direct sun makes it work poorly. Sometimes, on darker finishes, it can look streaky if it dries too fast.

Also, the product separates, so here is the crazy process I use for making sure the solids are removed from the straw, so the sprayer works correctly:
  1. Remove the sprayer from the bottle, and spray the product in the straw back into the bottle.
  2. Screw on the shipping cap.
  3. Shake the H20 like crazy.
  4. Remove cap, install sprayer.
After washing the vehicle, which is ideally COOL to the touch, and not in direct sunlight, spray two panels with the H20. Don't just kind of spray it, give the sprayer a fast, hard tug so the product comes out of the bottle in a fine mist. If you barely pull the trigger, the product won't atomize well, and will spit out.

Immediately hit those two panels with a damp Double Soft or Gray Edgeless towel. Follow with a clean premium microfiber towel, polishing to perfection.

Under the following circumstances, the H20 is tricky to use:
  1. Hot temps, direct sunlight.
  2. On a finish that hasn't been clayed and polished in a while.
  3. When the H20 was used in the past 3-4 weeks.

This is my procedure on my Camaro and customers cars.

I have used the wet method countless number of times, my gallon is only 1/10 full.
I stopped doing wash/clay/wax for customers, and instead do wash/clay/H2O Guard & Gloss now.

Two bucket wash with foam gun, then clay or speedy prep.... rinse car again, when rinsed well, I just knock off a little of the water that is on the horizontal surface of the vehicle.
DO NOT PERFORM A POOLING RINSE! The H2O Guard & Gloss needs water to be activated in order to work.

After rinsing (In the shade), apply 1 panel at a time, about 1 spray for 3 square feet. Shake the bottle well. After I've sprayed the panel (pull trigger fast and flip your wrist at the same time to mist across panel being worked), I then go to my wet towel bucket, which has two towels in it, both are plush microfiber 1100 gsm towels.

Wring out one of the towels and spread the H2O Guard & Gloss which has now activated with the water. The damp plush microfiber will spread the H2O Guard & Gloss and absorb most all of the water left on the panel,

You'll know it's done correctly when it "disappears" into the paint, put the "used" towel back in the water bucket underneath the "fresh" one.

Then dry any remaining water with dry plush microfiber. Continue process over entire vehicle. Swapping the towels out also eliminates staining on them from H2O Guard & Gloss. Also keeps towels from getting clogged with product.

Give the bottle a couple shakes each time you spray a new panel.

If you have any streaks after you've finished the vehicle, simple take one of the wet towels and lightly spread the un-activated H2O Guard & Gloss, dry with dry towel.

If your working in a hot ambient temperature, and water is drying on the car too fast, use a spray bottle with distilled water, to mist the panel first so the H2O Guard & Gloss can activate.

Streaks come from not enough water on the panel, as well as using too much H2O Guard & Gloss.

The results from H2O Guard & Gloss and the minimal amount of time required to apply are simply amazing. I haven't had a single customer who disliked the way the paint looked after I was finished.

Want to really get it done fast? Have a friend, spouse, or significant other use the dry towel while you spread with the wet.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote