Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 11-11-2010, 07:11 AM   #71
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by gahammerle View Post
Well, they want it to be as powerful as a Duramax, with MPG as good as a Prius, and to make the exhaust sound like a V8.

Oh, and it would be nice if he could tune so the oil never needs to be changed too.
You're probably right!. I want that too, as I'm sure a bunch of people with the SS (minus the sound like... part), a 370z and a WRX do too. I'll wait patiently for that to happen.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:56 AM   #72
Edge.128

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
well out of a tune i was hoping for a bit more HP but more important more TQ!!! the factory tune seems to be real good and not much to gain I know. but thats what I was hoping for. but as for the rest of the people I don't know what they are looking for.... some magical tune that will give them 100hp or something???

Edge.128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 10:08 AM   #73
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
I'm so confused! What exactly are people looking for in a tune that Trifecta is not offering?
most performance shops want to do the tune in shop. I think that's the main reason there's no kit out yet, except STS.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:37 PM   #74
Beauwulf

Drives: '10 LT RS A6 & '04 Acura RSX Type S
Any progress on this kit? I'm getting close to doing this myself if no one else does it! I'm interested... add me to the list!
Old 12-31-2010, 02:29 AM   #75
a red maro

Drives: Victory Red 2lt RS V6 auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauwulf View Post
Any progress on this kit? I'm getting close to doing this myself if no one else does it! I'm interested... add me to the list!
if you do end up doing this yourself, than all i have to say is my hats off to you man. But before you do than your more than likely going to run into the same exact problems that everyone else and their mamma has been running into .But maybe all it takes is one pissed off Camaro owner fed up with empty promises, there's nothing like a little malice to fuel a change in tides.lol

a red maro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 05:42 AM   #76
Beauwulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by a red maro View Post
if you do end up doing this yourself, than all i have to say is my hats off to you man. But before you do than your more than likely going to run into the same exact problems that everyone else and their mamma has been running into .But maybe all it takes is one pissed off Camaro owner fed up with empty promises, there's nothing like a little malice to fuel a change in tides.lol
It may be as easy as buying the V8 kit from IPS sans the turbos and finding a pair of GT28s. then it would be a matter of welding up the tubes to adapt for the smaller turbos (and TB).

I already have the car tuned from Vince so he can tweak it for me.

I know it's not all as simple as that but... it can be done. I have friends here that can help. We're a pretty crafty bunch. We work on these all day...

Old 12-31-2010, 09:27 AM   #77
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
It may be as easy as buying the V8 kit from IPS sans the turbos and finding a pair of GT28s. then it would be a matter of welding up the tubes to adapt for the smaller turbos (and TB).

I already have the car tuned from Vince so he can tweak it for me.

I know it's not all as simple as that but... it can be done. I have friends here that can help. We're a pretty crafty bunch. We work on these all day...
Yeap, lot's of potential out there for someone willing to try. In addition to modifying the IPS V-8 version, I spoke with Freddy Polo at STS and they can adapt their V-8 twin turbo to work with the V-6 kit (I didn't ask how much because I had all my parts except the IC). In addition, Tracey (SC2150) could do this and he's dying to get his hands on one of our cars. I don't know where in FL you are, but he's just South of Tampa.

I've been talking to Tracey about finishing up mine, but I'm having a hard time getting time off work. I've also got some friends that would help (one used to race Grand Nationals) but between various health problems and work we can't seem to get ur done. There is nothing else holding me back -- the tune is ready, the parts are here and the car wants to go faster! Just know, if you get yours done before me I'll be pi$$ed!
Old 12-31-2010, 10:12 AM   #78
Beauwulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Yeap, lot's of potential out there for someone willing to try. In addition to modifying the IPS V-8 version, I spoke with Freddy Polo at STS and they can adapt their V-8 twin turbo to work with the V-6 kit (I didn't ask how much because I had all my parts except the IC). In addition, Tracey (SC2150) could do this and he's dying to get his hands on one of our cars. I don't know where in FL you are, but he's just South of Tampa.

I've been talking to Tracey about finishing up mine, but I'm having a hard time getting time off work. I've also got some friends that would help (one used to race Grand Nationals) but between various health problems and work we can't seem to get ur done. There is nothing else holding me back -- the tune is ready, the parts are here and the car wants to go faster! Just know, if you get yours done before me I'll be pi$$ed!
Not to worry... I'm quite a bit behind you at this point!

I could do the deal in Tampa if they could make it happen over a long weekend. But I haven't heard any specifics on what they would want to do. I'm looking for a road course setup and most are working on drag strip stuff. Maybe I'll look into it... I really like the IPS system on the SS though!
Old 12-31-2010, 11:32 AM   #79
xpanda305x
Banned

Drives: Dark Knight
i could do it with SC but the thing is...my car is my DD so if my car is down. im down...type of shit you get me?
xpanda305x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 09:55 PM   #80
ScoobyDoo

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
I have a friend who is going to build me a custom TT kit for my 2011 LS. We'll be using VTG's off a GT2 911. He worked for Callaway and for RSR motorsports so this should be interesting
ScoobyDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:19 AM   #81
a red maro

Drives: Victory Red 2lt RS V6 auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpanda305x View Post
i could do it with SC but the thing is...my car is my DD so if my car is down. im down...type of shit you get me?
yeah man i get you my car is my daily driver also. so if I'm gonna do something big like a turbo kit or supercharger, I wanna be 100% sure that it'll work perfectly fine. I HATE bumming rides off of people.

a red maro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:52 PM   #82
xpanda305x
Banned

Drives: Dark Knight
Quote:
Originally Posted by a red maro View Post
yeah man i get you my car is my daily driver also. so if I'm gonna do something big like a turbo kit or supercharger, I wanna be 100% sure that it'll work perfectly fine. I HATE bumming rides off of people.

when my car was down due to the AY6 tranny failing on me and having to be replaced..

i didnt have my car for 2 months...bumming off people for 2 months SUCKED

every day to school , weekends , parties , graduation sucked the most!
xpanda305x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:33 AM   #83
IPSjeff

Drives: 2009 ZR1
Quote:
We FINALLY have our fabrication equipment all set-up and rolling at our new shop (Few pics of the current progress here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ipsmoto...7625425931871/

Anyway, we are in the middle of the first batch of ten V8 TT Kits and then we have the V6 Kit, the new 5.0 Mustang TT Kit, Revisions to our C6/Z06/ZR1 Kit, and then a client that wants one for his 2010 CTS-V all on our plate.

We are going to be busy juggling many things but I will post up progress info and/or pics as they become available,
Jeff

Last edited by IPSjeff; 01-11-2011 at 10:11 AM.
IPSjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:35 AM   #84
IPSjeff

Drives: 2009 ZR1
To be honest, the actual kit is the easy part. Coming up with a solid system that is in most client's price-range and getting a solid tune once completed are the only "Hurdles" at this point.
Jeff
IPSjeff is offline   Reply With Quote