Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 03-07-2018, 12:07 AM   #1
bmclaurin

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 (A10)
Roto-Fab CAI installation and vid

Guys, picked up my ZL1 about 3 weeks ago and have been loving it. Almost 1,200 miles already, so getting close to being through the factory recommended break-in period. I’m not planning many mods to this car, at least not right away, but I decided to go ahead and install the Roto-Fab CAI after reading so many good reviews. I’m a noob when it comes to this stuff, but the install was a piece of cake, even for someone like me, whose mechanical know-how seems to approach maximum capacity with routine oil changes. I didn’t have a real reason for purchasing a CAI, other than the fact that it seemed like something fun and easy to do, plus it doesn’t hurt to pick up a few extra wheel horsepower and tidy up the engine bay a bit.

Even though there are several really good (and authoritative) installation vids out there for the Roto-Fab, I decided to make a quick video of my install, really just for fun. Well, I guess it’s not that quick because it’s over 15 minutes long. For those of you that know about these sorts things, don’t waste your time by watching this. But if you’re interested in how a noob gets along with installing the Roto-Fab, or if you’re just bored and want to kill ~15 minutes, by all means, go ahead and watch. Let me know if you see any blatant mistakes.

Now I just need to get 300 more miles on this thing so I can let her stretch her legs a bit...

bmclaurin is offline   Reply With Quote