Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-11-2012, 04:24 PM   #15
Abstrak

Drives: 2012 AGM Camaro LS / Team LFX
Im going to get the solo catback at the end of the month. Still deciding if im going to spring for a CAI or wait to see what Vararam does for the LFX. I would hate to get a CAI then they put out a better one and i cant recoupe the money to buy theirs.

Basically my question do I wait til I get the exhaust and then tune. Or do I wait til I get all my performance mods then tune? And is a generic tuned sent out first then you data log and get a revised tune for your specific vehicle can yall explain this process?
Old 04-11-2012, 04:34 PM   #16
jmontalvo

Drives: 2011 Rally Yellow 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrak View Post
Im going to get the solo catback at the end of the month. Still deciding if im going to spring for a CAI or wait to see what Vararam does for the LFX. I would hate to get a CAI then they put out a better one and i cant recoupe the money to buy theirs.

Basically my question do I wait til I get the exhaust and then tune. Or do I wait til I get all my performance mods then tune? And is a generic tuned sent out first then you data log and get a revised tune for your specific vehicle can yall explain this process?
You can tune at any time. Right now my Camaro is pure stock. Let's say I get it tuned just right. Three months later I decided to buy an intake. I just email whoever I got the tune from about my new mod and they'll send a personalized tune for that mod. It all depends when you want the tune. As far as first tune, it all depends on what mods you have done to your car.
|Trifecta Tune|Custom Magnaflow Exhaust|Cold Air Inductions C.A.I.|BBK LTs w/ HFC|Anvil Rear Notch Glossy CF Spoiler|Body Color Heritage Grille|10 spoke polished ZL1 replica wheels|VMAX ported TB|RS Headlights|Night Owl RGB Halos
jmontalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:22 PM   #17
v6

Drives: 2012 45th 2LT RS
Does the tune void power train warranty?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 04-11-2012, 05:34 PM   #18
Abstrak

Drives: 2012 AGM Camaro LS / Team LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6 View Post
Does the tune void power train warranty?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
If its proven that the tune caused the malfunction yes.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:34 PM   #19
TheBlack-CyberGray-Pearl

Drives: 2011 Cyber Gray Camaro
HOOOLLLLYYYYYYY SHHHIIIITTTTTT.....

I just installed my tune. It is the most amazing thing ever. I can't believe i didn't get it on day one. It's incredible what it does for this car. I couldn't stop smiling when i was driving home from work.

I still haven't figured out if i like the ghost cam... it really does shake the whole car haha. It's pretty intense.

Long story short, GET THE TUNE..... Best mod i've done for sure.

*I got mine from BNR (bad new racing).
Old 04-11-2012, 06:43 PM   #20
ChadG

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6owner View Post
What is the base tunes shift firmness?
I was wondering this myself. I asked for "increased shift firmness" but don't know if there is an actual number assigned. Maybe Jerry from BNR can comment. I data logged two weeks ago, just waiting to hear back.
ChadG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:57 PM   #21
Chrisco22

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro LS
I have a v6. I put mac exhaust on it (sounds great) cat back. I need the tune. what does the trifecta run? How much money as well as has anyone topped out their v6 yet? wondering what kinda numbers they are getting.
Chrisco22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:28 PM   #22
BNRacing

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE, 2019 Camaro 2.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadG View Post
I was wondering this myself. I asked for "increased shift firmness" but don't know if there is an actual number assigned. Maybe Jerry from BNR can comment. I data logged two weeks ago, just waiting to hear back.
It's typically pretty close to the max were ok running in the base tune. We can sometimes get a little more out of it if you want though.
BNRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:45 PM   #23
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6owner View Post
I love the tune. I have not data logged it yet, but it feels like I do not need to from how it runs. Should I do it anyway? Vince knows his stuff.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I didn't data log for 6 mos. after my intial tune (had headers, cai, etc..).

Then added ported TB and cold air scoop, I logged and Vince said "No changes needed."

Then added Mace 25mm and Solo Hi-Flo's, data logged and Vince said the same thing, in fact "everything looked great."

He does know his stuff and has this tune well dialed in. I wouldn't worry about logging until you just feel like it or add some more mods.
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:39 PM   #24
mycamaro2011

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Victory Red
Iam def hoping BNR has that special deal very soon for $315 with free cable.. Hint Hint..
mycamaro2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:29 PM   #25
HopeRidesAlone

Drives: 2010 Camaro Black 2SS/RS
I would recommend data logging which i still have to do. but i know i had some gains when i got it but i just got it on the dyno this weekend and it was running way rich so atleast let him look over your tune.

2010 Black 2SS/RS - Stainless powers 1 7/8 LT headers, cold air inductions cai, Tuned by dynosteve, Feesler side skirt, Feesler Spoiler, Feesler carbon fiber bowties, H&R Lowering Springs.
HopeRidesAlone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 09:30 PM   #26
Kevgan35

Drives: 2011 RS v6 synergy green Camaro
Okay so I went to go look at the price and to purchase the tune, but it’s jus a logo?? On phasetk performance. Like do I need a diablo cable thing or somethin ??
Kevgan35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 09:35 PM   #27
Kevgan35

Drives: 2011 RS v6 synergy green Camaro
And do I have to use 91 premium ??
Kevgan35 is offline   Reply With Quote