Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 04-23-2011, 04:00 PM   #15
justa25thTA

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS LS3
replica's from Discount Tire
Old 04-23-2011, 04:23 PM   #16
Cheetoh

Drives: 2011 Callaway SC572, 2000 Firehawk
Looks Great!!! Scott does very nice work!!!
Cheetoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 05:42 AM   #17
hot_rod

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
Outstanding, Looks great !

"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." - Mark Twain

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" - Unknown
hot_rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:18 PM   #18
hot_rod

>>>Likes to talk.

Someone on autopia bumped a thread that he started in 04 and I thought about your comment when I saw it

http://www.autopia.org/forum/detaili...-business.html

For those not wanting to chase the link, pasted below: (my highlight / underline)

PS. I like his business savy and customer focus!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You have to find a way to get your customer to believe they cannot get by without your services. No duh, right? How do you go about it though?
Share what you do to keep your customers not only coming back, year after year, but also bragging to their friends about you.
This is how I try to do it:
1. Show up on time, or call if running late. Customers do understand if a previous appointment or traffic has you behind, they do not understand if you can't be bothered to let them know.
2. Ask specific questions about the customer's expectations. Do they have any areas of their vehicle that really concern them? Are they primarily interested in a durable finish or one that blows them away? Paying attention to what the customer wants then exceeding it makes them very happy. I have one customer whose main concern is clean windows. I make sure everything else looks topnotch but I really do over his windows well because it doesn't matter how nice his fenderwells look if there are streaks in his windshield.
3. Get to know your customer's personally. Spend some time just talking to them. Learn their spouse's/kid's names. Pet their dog. Mention the local sports teams, etc.
4. Keep track of your customer's last details/wax jobs. Let them know a couple weeks in advance it is time for another wax/detail. If the current wax job is holding up well, let them know that and it would be okay to go another few weeks before rewaxing. Not only are you being honest, but you are putting their interests before yours. Maybe you won't get the extra $40-75 above the wash job for waxing that week but the customer will appreciate you being straight with them. It will pay off in the long run. If your customers trust you, they will continue to use your services and not hesitate to pass your name along.
5. Try to top yourself with every detail. Always try to improve. Stay on top of the latest products and techniques. Develop a good relationship with your vendors because they will then be more likely to give you a heads up when something new is coming out that will make your job easier and your details better.
6. Every once in a while, do something extra for your regulars. Not something that takes an hour to do but maybe clean the floor mats or apply a spray wax after a stretch of rainy weather. Just a little something extra occasionally as a thank-you for their continuing business.
I got a very nice phone call today. A customer's wife just bought her father-in-law's 99 Navigator and she said as soon as she got into it, she thought of calling me. Not that it was filthy or anything but she wanted it clean and properly waxed to start off with.

"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." - Mark Twain

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" - Unknown
Old 04-27-2011, 03:35 PM   #19
bthomp01

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM M6
I'd love to find a quality place to get things done in Austin, I've had the car for a year and a half now and have yet to detail it. Definitely need to get it in soon!
bthomp01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:28 AM   #20
justa25thTA

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS LS3
Just an update. Had Scott over for the 3rd time this weekend, I call him about every 6 months for a full detail. He continues to do good work. So good in fact, had to leave the car sitting in the garage today, just so it would stay clean.
Old 05-14-2012, 04:24 PM   #21
hot_rod

That's good !

and... thanks for the update!

Old 05-14-2012, 05:08 PM   #22
hawkfe

Drives: 2014 Stingray 3LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop 2010 View Post
A third vote for Steve.. Great guy and will teach you not just take your money.
Another vote for Steve, will be also doing my car soon.
hawkfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:12 AM   #23
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus6 View Post
Steve from ShowroomFX does awsome work.

(866) 341-0050 toll-free
(972) 743-9443

http://www.lonestarcamaro.com/forums...read.php?t=324
+100!!
Old 05-15-2012, 09:32 AM   #24
hot_rod

Autopia - pictures posting....

Hey.. justa......Looks like Scott posted a few pictures of your detail ...

http://www.autopia.org/forum/click-b...camaro-ss.html#

Old 05-15-2012, 10:50 AM   #25
camarograna2
Car Enthusiast

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow Camaro 2SS A/T
Send a message via MSN to camarograna2
Ram Jet recommended Ralph for me and he did a good job on mine. He uses Adam's products.

ralph_novicio@yahoo.com
Old 05-15-2012, 01:07 PM   #26
SGT Stretch

Drives: 2016 Hyper Metallic Blue SS
There's no such thing as a good detailer here in abilene that I've heard of....at this rate I'm about to drive to dallas to get it done then bring it home for another wash lol