Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 09-18-2011, 01:08 PM   #1
ambientweather

Drives: 2011 Convertible 2SS
Dealer Car Wash?

I took my car in for the latest top fix, and it went well. However, when I dropped it off, I told them no wash. The first time I took it in and they washed it and there were scratches in the clear coat.

I am very cautious about this. I use micro-fiber towels, purified water and double bucket wash. I then add polish and sealent glaze in an ultra-cleam garage.

So this time, I told them NO WASH, put a notecard on the seat that said NO WASH and reminded him to add it to the work order. He did.

The service manager called me and told me my car was almost done and they needed to knock the dust off. I reminded him again, NO WASH.

I picked it up and guess what... they washed it. Lots of swirls. They use an automated wash system and my guess is they use sandpaper for towels. Anyway, I was pissed but I like my sales manager. He is nice. I like him. I cant yell at him.

But wondered how they missed it and why the notecard was gone? He told me that the body shop must have washed it (they worked on a small dent in the back that came with the car).

It took me 6 hours to buff out the swirls. Not sure I got them all.

Question... do dealers get reimbursed by the manufacturer for in warranty repair if they wash the car? It is the only way I know it was missed THREE TIMES.
Old 09-18-2011, 01:19 PM   #2
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
I got mine back Thursday from the top repair. I too said "No Wash", amazingly enough they didn't. The trim shop that replaced the top said they could hand wash but I just didn't trust them either. Spent the whole morning today getting the paw prints off all the windows. They must have had five guys in the back seat !
Nice color choice !