Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 05-12-2013, 11:49 PM   #1
Rice makes muscle

Drives: Mustang
Might be getting a 1le in the coming weeks!

Reason= I have a 2012 mustang v6 and i have had it with the trans. I hear a lot of mustang guys go oh im goign to swap in a t56 magnum, which I hear is the same as the tr6060. So I came here to this forum exactly to ask specific questions for the 1le.
1. how is it as a daily, from the looks of it, it seems pretty good.
2. mainly how is the trans, in this section i dont see much on it besides the one thread. Has chevy fixed the issue or has a fix for it? or a tsb?
3. how heavy is the clutch?
4. how is the blind spots, i remember the v6 sitting in it it was horrendous, but do you get used to it
5. how is it on the track, personal experience not oh randy pobst said it is great.
6. I am cross shopping a track package gt, any other reasons to stick with the camaro
7. oh how is the dual mode exhaust?
thanks all!
Rice makes muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:56 PM   #2
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
DD is fine.
Hardly anyone has said anything about the trans, if there is a problem it's an easy fix with a few parts.
Clutches can be different from car to car, I would suggest trying out the one you are considering getting.
I don't have a problem with the blind spots but everyone is different, if they really were that bad these cars would never sell and as you can see there are a ton that have sold.

Watch this members vid and see for yourself. Hope he doesn't mind me borrowing it.

I would stick with the camaro especially if you plan on tracking it. It will out handle any mustang stock vs stock. If you do suspension mods you will kill them that much more.

That's my .02's
Old 05-13-2013, 12:02 AM   #3
Rice makes muscle

Drives: Mustang
i drive a manual v6 as you can assume it is pretty light and would figure all clutches would almost be the same
curious to yours and anyones opinion do you think one reason why the 1le trumps the track pack is because of the bigger wider tires?
easy fix as in warranty? or out of pocket?
Rice makes muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:13 AM   #4
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
The square setup obviously helps a ton but there are a other differences that make it an awesome car.

Best way to decide is test drive one and see if its for you or not.

Out of warranty.

Last edited by CHMSC; 05-13-2013 at 09:10 AM.
CHMSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:14 AM   #5
chicagobulls
one car wolfpack

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6
Big tires has little to do with it......

1Le is a head turner a gt mustang is dime a dozen. End of discussion.
chicagobulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:28 AM   #6
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Drive one and see for yourself. As with any other car, you won't know if it's for you until you do. Regardless of what everyone tells you...especially on a Camaro forum.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:38 AM   #7
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Have you read this yet? If you haven't, you should. Answers a lot of your questions.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246800
Old 05-13-2013, 07:40 AM   #8
jcieutat

Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
I just made the switch from a 2012 Mustang GT Premium with the Brembo brake pkg. Before that, I had a 2012 Mustang GT Premium. I honestly like the transmission a lot better on the Camaro 1LE. It is a much shorter shifter and seems to be a lot smoother. My fear has always been the visibility with the Camaro but it is actually not bad. Performance wise, this one handles better considering the package. Speed wise, its pretty close with the Camaro having a tiny edge. Overall, I am extremely glad I made the jump.

I am also digging the hill assist feature. The other day I was sitting on the railroad tracks by my house and a car pulled right up to my rear bumper. The car automatically applies the brakes and allows you to just keep your foot on the clutch and gas and prevents it from rolling back.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:07 PM   #9
LikaRokBowTie

Drives: 221SS1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcieutat View Post
I just made the switch from a 2012 Mustang GT Premium with the Brembo brake pkg. Before that, I had a 2012 Mustang GT Premium. I honestly like the transmission a lot better on the Camaro 1LE. It is a much shorter shifter and seems to be a lot smoother. My fear has always been the visibility with the Camaro but it is actually not bad. Performance wise, this one handles better considering the package. Speed wise, its pretty close with the Camaro having a tiny edge. Overall, I am extremely glad I made the jump.

I am also digging the hill assist feature. The other day I was sitting on the railroad tracks by my house and a car pulled right up to my rear bumper. The car automatically applies the brakes and allows you to just keep your foot on the clutch and gas and prevents it from rolling back.
You should have let them know you weren't happy about that,I have no problem letting people know they had better back off my ass.
LikaRokBowTie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:55 PM   #10
MPHS_AGM

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE AGM
The 1LE is a great car! I have been looking at the 5th gens since they came out and once I drove a 1LE I was ready to make a deal for one. I have test driven Challengers and SS Camaros, the 1LE is truly unique. IMO!
2002 Z28 Navy Blue A4 [traded]
1996 Camaro V6 Black [traded]
MPHS_AGM is offline   Reply With Quote