Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 11-02-2013, 12:43 PM   #57
noah677
Account Suspended

Drives: White Zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffyjeff View Post
Just saying I traded my c6 for a camero. Haven't looked back was just at the dealer this week and besides from the rumble of the vette there wasn't anything I could say that I liked about the c7. I would rather have the c6 than a C7 and like I said I traded my C6 for a camaro. I would never trade a zl1 for a c7. But OP that just my 2 cents.
Good move unless u had a zr1
noah677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 07:07 PM   #58
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
I really really tried to make it to the dealership today, I gotta see one of these in person. But I ran out of time, so now it probably won't be till next week. I did enjoy reading the article in my new Dec issue of Motor Trend on the Best Drivers Car in which the Stingray beat out the 400+K Ferrari F12!!! They thought it was just a better car to drive. The Stingray was priced at 68K. Porsche 911 took the win, 151K.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 03:31 PM   #59
Normagene

I'M IN LOVE! Finally got to see my first Stingray, Night Race Blue Metallic. Stopped by the local dealership while running errands today and they had one! It's already sold so I got to see it inside the garage, not the best lighting, and they had all the doors open as well as the back. But WOW! I love it! Hopefully I'll get to sit inside one soon, this one was sold so I wouldn't even ask if I could, and I can't wait to test drive one. That dark Blue is sharp, really really good looking. Not my choice of interior or wheels, but the outside was just fantastic.

Old 11-06-2013, 04:12 PM   #60
SPOOKYGUNNER
ROCK

Drives: 2013 ZL-1 TRIPLE BLACK VERT
HUBBY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normagene View Post
Yeah I can understand that for sure. I'm just more of a peace and quiet type, so I prefer to be alone in the car or if my husband feels he has to come along I'll usually stick him in the trunk. If he can keep his trap shut, especially about my driving, I may let him ride in the passenger seat. But I will definitely have the Stun Gun and duct tape in arms reach......just incase!

PERHAPS YOU SHOULD INSTALL THE OPTIONAL "ELECTRIC SEAT/CHAIR" FEATURE AND ATTACH IT TO THE STEERING WHEEL...JUST A PUSH BUTTON AWAY FORM SILENCING THE OCCUPANT!!
Old 11-06-2013, 04:24 PM   #61
littlecammi

Drives: '87 Pontiac Fiero GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normagene View Post
Finally got to see my first Stingray, Night Race Blue Metallic. That dark Blue is sharp, really really good looking. The outside was just fantastic.
I think it's great that people have different tastes in various things. I knew the C7 was coming and waited to see the first actual pics before ordering my '13 ZL1 late in the model year (price would have been about the same for a C7 as for my ZL1). I respect the technology and performance, but I don't like the C7 styling at all (of course, nothing will ever look as good as the '63 to '67 mid-years).
littlecammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 04:27 PM   #62
Normagene

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOOKYGUNNER View Post
PERHAPS YOU SHOULD INSTALL THE OPTIONAL "ELECTRIC SEAT/CHAIR" FEATURE AND ATTACH IT TO THE STEERING WHEEL...JUST A PUSH BUTTON AWAY FORM SILENCING THE OCCUPANT!!
Wow, missed that option, how much does that run! I think Bond, James Bond had a similar option in his DB5. A friend of mine was getting a new Buick, medium age for this model is 63, so I asked him which option he went for. He just looked puzzled so I told him they have a choice of two different options with that model. 1. You can get the Florida License Plates or 2. The Walker in the Trunk Option!n!

Old 11-06-2013, 11:57 PM   #63
JackalopeZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Saw a c7 on the road for the first time today.. liked it a lot better than in pictures
Old 11-07-2013, 08:56 AM   #64
Normagene

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecammi View Post
I think it's great that people have different tastes in various things. I knew the C7 was coming and waited to see the first actual pics before ordering my '13 ZL1 late in the model year (price would have been about the same for a C7 as for my ZL1). I respect the technology and performance, but I don't like the C7 styling at all (of course, nothing will ever look as good as the '63 to '67 mid-years).
Only in America! I hear ya, its great that we so many choices in cars. I've never been one that buys only this brand just because, I buy whatever type of vehicle I just love everything about, and the new Stingray has really caught my eye. Never had a vette before, always thought they looked pretty good, but not good enough that I'd consider buying one, until now! I'd still have to get behind the wheel and see how everything feels and handles. I definitely understand how you feel about the ZL1! I drove thru the dealership once a week when it first came out just dying to see one and then finally one came in, it was love at first sight! After a test drive I'll park them side by side and do several walk rounds to really really look them both over at the time! I do love my ZL1! Or as I like to call her "The Devil's Nightmare".

Old 11-07-2013, 09:15 AM   #65
08vette

Drives: 2008 corvette, 2010 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdWerx View Post
One is a Sports Car, the other is a Muscle Car. Which "genre" of cars do you want to own? They're very different in quite possibly every way. Yes, they are both fast, both handle great, and both do similar things similarly, but they are very different beasts for very different people. Personally, I chose the muscle car route. I love the roar of the ZL1 and the mean "in-your-face" stance it has sitting in my garage. People driving by my house stop and take notice because it looks so angry. Would a C7 do that? Possibly, but being a "base" Corvette the "newness" of the C7 may wear off after a while. Will the meanness of the ZL1 wear off? I'm betting no. It's one of those cars that will be talked about for decades to come. Much like the original ZL1s and Z/28s. In other news, I feel Chevy did the world right with the new Z/28. They brought back the "BOOM". Same with the ZL1 and COPO. Chevy is really taking some good advice from someone because their views on current and future car line-ups are just amazing...
the Zl1 is awesome but to 99% of the population it is just a camaro, which isn't a bad thing, but I am sure Zl1 owners dont want to hear that. their is something iconic about a corvette
08vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:21 AM   #66
snackbar64

Drives: SW 2017 ZL1, M6, Carbon, Nav, MR,
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08vette View Post
the Zl1 is awesome but to 99% of the population it is just a camaro, which isn't a bad thing, but I am sure Zl1 owners dont want to hear that. their is something iconic about a corvette
That is not true. Most people I encounter can't stop staring at the car. I get neck snapping stares on the highway or when the car is parked. It's really a head turning design and the visual asthetics of performance package of this car sets I apart from anything else. It just looks special.
snackbar64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:28 AM   #67
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
^A lot of owners of foreign and exotic cars have a not so ideal opinion about the corvette. Some of those people (believe it or not) view the vette as just another chevrolet. While that view may be a bit unfair, you'd be surprised in knowing what people think about any domestic car at a given time.

My motto is to judge a car on its abilities, and not necessarily by its nameplate.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:40 AM   #68
snackbar64

Drives: SW 2017 ZL1, M6, Carbon, Nav, MR,
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08vette View Post
In my experience I have not found that to be true. Most people I encounter can't stop staring at the car. I get neck snapping stares on the highway or when the car is parked. It's really a head turning design and the visual asthetics of performance package of this car sets I apart from anything else. It just looks special. I valet park this baby all the time and the guys fight over the opportunity to park it. They get plenty of Ferraris, Bentleys but the ZL1 is more rare around here for some reason.
snackbar64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:56 AM   #69
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I've have been thinking real hard about it. I'm just not sure if I'm wild about the new look yet. I know the performance it amazing. So there in lies my conflict.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:08 AM   #70
Normagene

A great looking car always gets second looks. I always get "thumbs up" from guys of every age range, old, young, if they're a car guy, they notice. I told my hubby that every time I go to Walmart and a young chick sees me coming, all of a sudden I see her flip her hair back and push out her chest and as I get closer I see her big smile drop when she notices its a girl driving. So ten or fifteen minutes later my husband says "need anything, I'm going to Walmart real quick" men, they're all the same!

Never gave White much thought until I saw this: