Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 04-12-2018, 09:36 AM   #113
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
Tapping the BCM might be unnecessary though, try the output from the Dball2 first and see if it works as intended.
Thanks for the info, I'll try it out this weekend. My next dilemma is that I downloaded and installed the Xpresskit 4.5 installer but it takes me to directechs website and it's telling me that I need to be an authorized dealer to access the firmware update page. Did you have a workaround for that, or am I just going to find a car stereo installer to flash the dball2 for me.? I couldn't find one with the firmware preloaded or the option for the seller to preload the correct firmware.

Last edited by Bad@ssCamaro; 04-12-2018 at 06:05 PM.
Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 04:37 PM   #114
RedRyder

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS M6 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
Thanks for the info, I'll try it out this weekend. My next dilemma is that I downloaded and installed the Xpresskit 4.5 installer but it takes me to directechs website and it's telling me that I need to be an authorized dealer to access the firmware update page. Did you have a workaround for that, or am I just going to find a car stereo installer to flash the dball2 for me.? I couldn't find one with the firmware preloaded or the option for the seller to preload the correct firmware.
They must have changed things because I was just able to flash it off the site. You can still access the old site at https://old.directechs.com/ and you might be able to flash using their old directions and internet explorer
RedRyder is offline   Reply With Quote