Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 05-31-2015, 02:47 PM   #15
BTRSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastGen5 View Post
Went for a ride this morning that turned into a little cruise (about 50 miles). I was shocked at the noticeable difference with the CAI. I read what people have said "butt dyno" blah, blah, blah - but the feedback is legitimate. This mod is aweome and has my highest recommendation!
Really like the car, great color choice. Curious about the CAI. Is the tube chrome or stainless? How "bright" would you say it is? I'm thinking of changing my Roto Fab over but the Roto Fab is chromed and I like the show look.
BTRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 04:43 PM   #16
LastGen5
Manual Guy - Until Now...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Thanks BTRSS! The tube is painted silver with a clear coat over it. Shiny, but not quite as bright as chrome or polished SS.
LastGen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 07:43 PM   #17
LastGen5

Finally got around to installing the Vitesse throttle controller. Simply put: worth every dollar. Easy mod with discernible improvement!

I also installed a Quad Lock mount for my iPhone and ran a hard line through the center console (10 foot cord required with very surprisingly little length to spare). I'm pretty happy with how this came out.
Attached Images

Old 08-17-2015, 01:29 AM   #18
CruisingSpeed
The Stealth Bumblebee

Drives: Black 2013 2LS
Looks great. With it being a convertible that side stripe look sharp.
I recognize that dealer plate frame. Who was your salesman?
Old 08-17-2015, 08:35 AM   #19
LastGen5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisingSpeed View Post
Looks great. With it being a convertible that side stripe look sharp.
I recognize that dealer plate frame. Who was your salesman?
Thanks CruisingSpeed. The stripe is a bit divisive; I think you love it or you hate it, but it gets noticed.

When I decided that I wanted this car (and how I wanted it specced out), I pretty quickly knew that it would have to be factory ordered. I reached out to three local dealerships and Classic were the first and most proactive in their response. The (internet) salesperson was Lisa Perez who was friendly and responsive, but because the car was ordered, I dealt directly with the dealership manager. There wasn't a lot of haggling, but they did make efforts to discount off of the MSRP and it helped that the company I work for is a supplier to GM (and made me eligible for a GM supplier discount). After the car was ordered, I interacted with Lisa frequently getting the updates of where the car was in the production process. I think that Lisa has subsequently moved to another dealership closer to where she lives.

The only negative in the buying experience was that the car actually arrived into the dealership on Memorial day so the place was a zoo! That said, the whole financing process took about 30 minutes and was very painless.

Overall, I had a good experience here. I haven't had it serviced yet (that will be soon) so we'll see how that goes. The throttle controller head unit is discretely mounted in the center console armrest. Not that there's anything to hide, but it should help avoid unwanted questions at the dealership.
Old 08-17-2015, 09:07 AM   #20
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Welcome, I must have missed this at our club meeting on Saturday.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 10:18 AM   #21
LastGen5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
Welcome, I must have missed this at our club meeting on Saturday.
I'll go to the next one (maybe it will be a little cooler than Saturday was!) - has the date and place been set?
Old 08-17-2015, 11:43 AM   #22
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:

I'll go to the next one (maybe it will be a little cooler than Saturday was!) - has the date and place been set?
Not yet, will be mid-September on Saturday ~1800. We had a car cruise on Sunday to Freeport with a stop off at our favorite charity to drop off a ton of money. Meeting the ETX car club and a few Dallas folk this Saturday with another cruise and a few other meet and greets before September's club meeting.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 10:26 PM   #23
LastGen5

I completed the next step in my mod story today. KP racing installed a set of long tube headers and high flow cats (Kooks) that I had purchased from Phastek during the open house a few weeks back. What can I say other than THIS is the ride (and sound) that I didn't know that I was missing! The extra 22HP is noticeable, but I think the custom tune (performed by Jay Huneycutt) makes all of the difference. The fact that he took the time to dial in the tune 3 times on the Dyno gives me the confidence that there is real value in having a professional manage your tune as opposed to a hand-held canned tune. (Certainly for me as I don't know what the hell I'm doing in this department).

The sound from the headers also reinforced my belief that NPP is the right way to go. When the valves open, the car is LOUD. My neighbors would not appreciate this (nor my wife cringing every time I came to or left the house).

For those of you in the Houston area, I can't recommend KP Racing enough. There are a lot of choices around here; I'm glad that I made this one.

My thanks to Indydriver. I was largely inspired by his build story and following his path has put me just in the place I wanted to be with this car.

This is a different car now - very happy!
Old 12-20-2015, 02:43 AM   #24
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
First mod!

Will do the catch can tomorrow when the engine is cool again.

Will install the scoop and washer bottle when I'm feeling adventurous enough to jack up the front wheel...
I see your Commemorative Edition came with the strut brace. Mine did too, but I don't see it referenced on the window sticker. I've seen some that don't have the brace.
Did you specify it when ordering or was it already included?
Old 12-20-2015, 07:46 AM   #25
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXSSCE View Post
I see your Commemorative Edition came with the strut brace. Mine did too, but I don't see it referenced on the window sticker. I've seen some that don't have the brace.
Did you specify it when ordering or was it already included?

Strut bar is standard on convertible models

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 10:29 AM   #26
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 View Post
Strut bar is standard on convertible models

Ryan
Mystery solved!
Old 12-21-2015, 02:10 AM   #27
JBEATZ

Drives: 2015 Chevy camaro 2ss commerative
Nice car just like mines but summit white and same CAI Just Black and I love the red and black interior plus the rims on it
Quote:
Car manufactured 5/8 and delivered late 5/25!

The red leather is simply awesome!
Attached Images

JBEATZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 02:11 AM   #28
JBEATZ

Drives: 2015 Chevy camaro 2ss commerative
Black CAI...
Attached Images

JBEATZ is offline   Reply With Quote