Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-28-2010, 08:00 PM   #1
adub4185

Drives: 2010 2SS RS, 2023 Camaro ZLE
Send a message via AIM to adub4185
Elite Engineering catch can finally installed on my LS3

Well I finally got the pre-production catch can bracket (that I designed) from Elite and it worked out great! There are two pieces to the bracket and the production units should not look much different from what you see in the pictures below. It is very solid and the install was very easy (it also does a good job of covering up the ugly threaded rod coming out of the engine block). Elite Engineering was a pleasure to work with and their customer service is excellent. What I liked about the can was the fact that you unscrew the bottom of the unit to empty it and the filter element can be removed for cleaning. I am very happy with it and I believe it is an excellent alternative to the other catch cans seen on this site. Keep in mind in the pictures that I have relocated my heater hoses and I am running without an engine cover (both of which have no effect on the install).

On to the pictures:

The bracket

The connections

The unit installed

adub4185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:31 PM   #2
SiNFuLL
SS Chick

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to SiNFuLL
Looks great! I can't wait to be able to order one. I've had Elite Engineering catch cans on my old '00 TA WS6 and '05 GTO. Loved them on those cars!
Old 02-28-2010, 09:38 PM   #3
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Any word if they are going to do a Group Buy?

Also....do you know of any links or anything that will show the inside and/or enginering of their cans? Curious to see how they work because you know the competition will come on here and say how theirs is so much better and how this one doesn't work properly.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 10:02 PM   #4
adub4185

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Any word if they are going to do a Group Buy?

Also....do you know of any links or anything that will show the inside and/or enginering of their cans? Curious to see how they work because you know the competition will come on here and say how theirs is so much better and how this one doesn't work properly.
Don't know on the group buy, but I do think they were going to get on here and sell it for a bit of a discount once they got production rolling.

Tomorrow I'll snap some pics of the can unscrewed and the stainless steel mesh filter. It is very nicely made and engineered.

Also it was good meeting you Saturday. I had the mgw shifter that you checked out
Old 03-01-2010, 07:47 PM   #5
adub4185

For those that were wanting a few more pictures of the can disassembled, see below:

Here we have the can itself on the right and the filter on the left. You can see the stainless steel mesh that resides in the filter. It will compress and filter all of the vapor entering it.

Next is the filter just turned over so you can see the holes on the bottom of it. The machinework on this thing is very impressive.

Last I tried to get a closeup of the filter media, but it came out a little blury. I think you guys get the picture though.

Old 03-01-2010, 07:53 PM   #6
MrGazinya

Drives: Aggressive
I'm in on one of these... Keep me informed please
Black 2SS RS LS3 Inferno Int. '17 1LE replica 20's {MODS} KOOKS LT: Borla S-Type: Roto-Fab CAI: Hurst ST.: PFADT Stage 2, Trailing arms, Tie Rods: ECS BigBlower Cam: Fast 102mm intake: Brian Tooley racing dual spring kit: TFS pushrod set: Katech C5R timing chain: Mellings high volume oil pump: ATI Balancer: Ideal performance upgraded clutch master cylinder:Tick performance upgraded slave cylinder/throwout bearing: Mantic 9000 twin disk clutch & light weight flywheel: Tuned by Doug Ring at ECS. 475RWHP/445RWTQ.Dynapack Dyno.

MrGazinya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:34 PM   #7
caverman

Quote:
Originally Posted by adub4185 View Post
Also it was good meeting you Saturday. I had the mgw shifter that you checked out
Yes....good to put a face with some of the users.

You can sure looks clean....did you just install it or did you just clean it out before the pics?

Did they ever mention when these will start to be available?

Now I would like to see inside a RevXtreme to see the differences between the two.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
Old 03-01-2010, 10:36 PM   #8
adub4185

Quote:
Yes....good to put a face with some of the users.

You can sure looks clean....did you just install it or did you just clean it out before the pics?

Did they ever mention when these will start to be available?

Now I would like to see inside a RevXtreme to see the differences between the two.
I literally installed it Saturday and took it for a quick drive Saturday night and it's been parked since. The filter media did smell a bit like oil, but I'll leave the true test till next oil change. No cleaning was done.

I just sent in my writeup on the catch can to elite and I hope i hear from them tomorrow on it. I'll check on availability and pricing and get back to you guys. I do know that they ordered enough material for 200 or so brackets and they should be available shortly. Anyone interested should send them an email. It may speed the process up a bit if they see some serious interest.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:30 PM   #9
adub4185

As an update, all parts for our cars will be available in about 3 days.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:05 AM   #10
caverman

Have you had a chance to see if the can is actually catching some of the oil? Just curious on how well it's working for you.

I'm on the fence with this on over RevXetreme. The RevXtreme is less than $100 and some have already seen it working well. However, the long wait and fitiment issues is a concern for me.
Build Journal
Old 03-26-2010, 10:34 AM   #11
adub4185

Quote:
Have you had a chance to see if the can is actually catching some of the oil? Just curious on how well it's working for you.

I'm on the fence with this on over RevXetreme. The RevXtreme is less than $100 and some have already seen it working well. However, the long wait and fitiment issues is a concern for me.
its working great actually and i am really pleased with it.

check post #2 out in this thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53422

there are a few pictures in there on the results i got after about 2-3 weeks. I would say it is definitely doing its job and am more than pleased with the guys at Elite Engineering (customer service is great and they ship almost immediately) and the can itself (very high quality, you get what you pay for). plus, you can get the can in 4 different colors i think. let me know if you have any other questions.