Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 04-12-2010, 08:55 AM   #85
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad's 2ss View Post
if you don't have too many swirls in your ride, can you still use the porter cable and swirl and haze remover just to get that shine goin on? I am currently using some mothers products including that power ball for paint that attaches to your cordless drill. Seems to look great, but after watching some of your videos Junkman I kinda want to buy the PC for my ride and retire my power ball.
You DEFINITELY want to get a PC! That Powerball is a breat product for your wheels but it is dangerous on your paint! The reason being is that a drill acts as a rotor polisher does in that it just spins. Unlike the PC (which is an orbital polisher). there is no forgiving with a drill. If you get that Powerball spinning in one spot long enough, you CAN burn the paint. Quit using that thing on your paint. I don't care if they do say that it is made for paint, a drill is NOT. Using a drill on paint is like using a Dremel tool to apply lotion to leather. Drills are NOT buffers.

You may not even need SHR if your swirls are not that bad. You may be able to fix them with FMP. However, you should get a kit that includes both just in case and you will also need to clay your car if it hasn't been properly clayed yet. Make sure you get a gallon of Detail Spray in your order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stex View Post
After all this PQ, please say you did use Adams....on a side note, thanks Junkman for all the info in all your vids...has helped me understand how to really care for the paint...and how to spend $s ...
I know... wives hate me!

Junkman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:50 AM   #86
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
He's trying to catch up with me. I've got another $400 worth of stuff coming in this week. I've got to keep him at bay!

You mean I need all those products just to keep one car looking good. I wouldn't know where start. I guess I keep the swirls. :(
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:12 AM   #87
Moriartii

Drives: 11 IOM 2SS/RS M6 w/Hurst
So after reading this, in what order do I put or use the product? :P!!!! Sorry I just couldnt help myself.

Glad it turned out not as bad PG.
K
Moriartii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:18 AM   #88
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
You mean I need all those products just to keep one car looking good. I wouldn't know where start. I guess I keep the swirls. :(
No, you don't need that much stuff! I have everything that Adam's makes, regardless of if I use it or not. That's because people drop by my garage to try out any product Adam's has for free. That way, they can get an idea as to how well it performs before they spend a dime. I also travel around the country showing folks how good this stuff is so I have multiple bottles of the most commonly used products. That way I don't run out.

I do have a lot of towels but my towels are used for specific things. In reality, if you just wanted to work on your paint, this would be about all you need. I would add some clay and about a gallon of detail spray to that order though.

One thing that guys fail to understand is that you remove the swirls and scratches from your paint ONCE. At that point, you quit doing the things that put the swirls in your paint to begin with. That's why you see me do all the things I do in my videos from the 2-bucket wash to the dust removal process I follow. You don't keep buffing on your car all the time. It's like sticking your hand in fire. After experiencing that painful second of a brain fart, you refrained from ever doing it again. Thus, you don't have to get treated every month for 3rd degree burns.

Caring for your paint is the same way. Now that you know the error of your ways, invest in the equipment and time to fix your issues and then refrain from recreating them. In corporate America, I think they call it "preventive maintenance". You know, it actually makes sense!

Old 04-12-2010, 10:28 AM   #89
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Hey guys... impressive collection of Adams! I still use Zaino and since i have silver it works just fine. Silver is so easy... I will be checking out the Adams at C5 Fest though!

OH and I found PQ's new "Louisiana Duster"

IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:45 AM   #90
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
Hey guys... impressive collection of Adams! I still use Zaino and since i have silver it works just fine. Silver is so easy... I will be checking out the Adams at C5 Fest though!

Ya'll leave my man PQ alone! I got your back PQ!

Old 04-12-2010, 10:58 AM   #91
Awesome_SS
Jeff

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
There for a minute I thought I was seeing the Adam's warehouse of stock.
Awesome_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:30 AM   #92
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
No, you don't need that much stuff! I have everything that Adam's makes, regardless of if I use it or not. That's because people drop by my garage to try out any product Adam's has for free. That way, they can get an idea as to how well it performs before they spend a dime. I also travel around the country showing folks how good this stuff is so I have multiple bottles of the most commonly used products. That way I don't run out.

I do have a lot of towels but my towels are used for specific things. In reality, if you just wanted to work on your paint, this would be about all you need. I would add some clay and about a gallon of detail spray to that order though.

One thing that guys fail to understand is that you remove the swirls and scratches from your paint ONCE. At that point, you quit doing the things that put the swirls in your paint to begin with. That's why you see me do all the things I do in my videos from the 2-bucket wash to the dust removal process I follow. You don't keep buffing on your car all the time. It's like sticking your hand in fire. After experiencing that painful second of a brain fart, you refrained from ever doing it again. Thus, you don't have to get treated every month for 3rd degree burns.

Caring for your paint is the same way. Now that you know the error of your ways, invest in the equipment and time to fix your issues and then refrain from recreating them. In corporate America, I think they call it "preventive maintenance". You know, it actually makes sense!
Well, that's a relief. I do use adam's products on my ride just not quit as many.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:57 AM   #93
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffs_SS View Post
There for a minute I thought I was seeing the Adam's warehouse of stock.
Uh, no.... that would be here!

The Camaros get much love from Adam's Polishes!

Old 04-12-2010, 03:20 PM   #94
sctriguy

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
He's trying to catch up with me. I've got another $400 worth of stuff coming in this week. I've got to keep him at bay!

Ordered my Adam's Junkman Kit yesterday. Great video tutorials! My wife has a 2009 Black Tahoe LTZ that needs correction, I imagine it will take more than a day. I will get lots of practice before I shine up the CGM 2SS/RS. I know you mention 1 product 1 pad in your videos do i need to use 1 product 1 pad 1 car?
sctriguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 03:51 PM   #95
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LTRS View Post
What wax did you use? Sounds like maybe a wax with some filling agents.
Quote:

I just used a sample that came with the clay bars I bought. McGuires I think. Clayed and rubbed the wax on. (was up til 3:30 am) and let it dry til around noon. Wiped it of. Of course I plan on Adams and a PC but I just needed to do the best I could in the mean time. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post

Quote:

Ya'll leave my man PQ alone! I got your back PQ!

Old 04-12-2010, 03:53 PM   #96
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
I can't wait to do the Adams thing. As you guys can tell, I can't sit still. As shiny as my car looks right now, I can't freakin' wait till it's done the right way.
Old 04-12-2010, 03:55 PM   #97
2LTRS
Detailing Connoisseur

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I can't wait to do the Adams thing. As you guys can tell, I can't sit still. As shiny as my car looks right now, I can't freakin' wait till it's done the right way.
Nothing makes me happier than a swirl free finish
Old 04-12-2010, 03:58 PM   #98
2LTRS
Detailing Connoisseur

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2LT RS
Quote:

And why are your microfibers collecting 100 year old dust teach?