Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 04:11 PM   #1
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
STOP IT

These polls are really getting annoying.
Everyone needs to be happy that the Camaro is finally coming back and stop complaining about stupid little things.
break calipers, engine cover,GFX, HUD, ...etc If you want to get your Camaro how you want it you should wait for aftermarket companies or for GMPP to release more things. Don't demand things from GM that can't be given to you right away.
The only thing worth of actually complaining about was the blue SS because that was just an obvious mistake on GM.
So please be patient I'm sure many modifications will come out for the Camaro after it is released and all of our needs will be fullfilled.

Like I said patience is the key. I want a quality product not a half-assed car with equal parts.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:13 PM   #2
skipj3
Go Gators Baby!!!

Drives: '11 2SS M6
i have to agree.

The Department of Redundancy Department
Old 11-05-2008, 04:25 PM   #3
SimC33

Drives: 2001 Blk/Blk M6 Camaro SS #899
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
Everyone needs to be happy that the Camaro is finally coming back and stop complaining about stupid little things.
break calipers, engine cover,GFX, HUD, ...etc If you want to get your Camaro how you want it you should wait for aftermarket companies or for GMPP to release more things. Don't demand things from GM that can't be given to you right away.
The only thing worth of actually complaining about was the blue SS because that was just an obvious mistake on GM.
So please be patient I'm sure many modifications will come out for the Camaro after it is released and all of our needs will be fullfilled.

Like I said patience is the key. I want a quality product not a half-assed car with equal parts.
I totally agree with you in the sense of these polls. But my main two proposals to have added to the SS was an offering for a blue SS and for the 1SS to get its leather option. I personally feel that the car is perfect besides those two things. So I'm backing you up on the pointless polls statement, but in the same time hoping that you don't think my request for leather in the 1SS is "unreasonable"
Old 11-05-2008, 04:27 PM   #4
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I've been biting my lip regarding this. I agree with most of what's been posted (not the way it was put though...) I know we are lucky and should be happy Camaro is back, and that GM is listening, but, all these polls about things that are have seemlingly already been addressed and/or already been talked about, to some degree, seem a little much. It just seems like it's too late already. However, I must admit that I like how much of the input has not been just a bunch of b*tching about why doesn't Camaro have this, or that, or whatever; most of it seems constructive, and I think that goes a long way toward looking more legit'.

IMVHO - all these polls are a little much; BUT, it's nice to read what people think. I guess we should just be careful not to get our hopes up about a lot of this stuff and definately don't come across as complaining if things don't happen. Let's definately be happy Camaro is back and if GM couldn't address what we want, know that the aftermarket will be there for us.

JM.02

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 11-05-2008, 04:27 PM   #5
lalometalik
killer bAnana

Drives: 1985 z28
polls are fun

America loves polls

"Shut your noise tube, Taco Human!"
Old 11-05-2008, 04:33 PM   #6
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimC33 View Post
I totally agree with you in the sense of these polls. But my main two proposals to have added to the SS was an offering for a blue SS and for the 1SS to get its leather option. I personally feel that the car is perfect besides those two things. So I'm backing you up on the pointless polls statement, but in the same time hoping that you don't think my request for leather in the 1SS is "unreasonable"
Leather on the 1SS is not unreasonable, but however if you wait I'm positive GM or other aftermarket companies will release leather seats like the ones we've seen in SEMA or maybe better and might be able to be installed afterwards to your 1SS for a (dare I say?) fair price.
Old 11-05-2008, 05:02 PM   #7
SimC33

Drives: 2001 Blk/Blk M6 Camaro SS #899
Quote:
Leather on the 1SS is not unreasonable, but however if you wait I'm positive GM or other aftermarket companies will release leather seats like the ones we've seen in SEMA or maybe better and might be able to be installed afterwards to your 1SS for a (dare I say?) fair price.
I would not mind doing that at all. I just wanted to skip the hassel of install and what not ya know? And the warranty blah blah. But 4k off of the car doesn't look bad at all either. It would make monthly payments less painful and easier to face. lol
Old 11-05-2008, 05:40 PM   #8
questar999
King Of The Door

Drives: 500SL,645CI,C6,DTS
Agreed!

I couldnt agree more. By reading some of these posts you get the idea that these are a bunch of 18 year olds. Hell, I bet half of them never get a Camaro!

Quote:

Old 11-05-2008, 05:41 PM   #9
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

I'm 19 and I will get one it's just matter of when. And we have many younger members.
Old 11-05-2008, 05:53 PM   #10
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by questar999 View Post
I couldnt agree more. By reading some of these posts you get the idea that these are a bunch of 18 year olds. Hell, I bet half of them never get a Camaro!

lol, ok so wanting to make the car more desirable to more people so it sells more means you shouldnt listen to younger people...i bought a $29,995 msrp truck straight out of high school so i dont think you need to make comments like that about young car enthusiasts
Old 11-05-2008, 06:51 PM   #11
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by questar999 View Post
Hmm. This 17 year old has made sure that his family owns nothing but GM vehicles ever since he first figured out how awesome GM is. I'm the one that sold our '07 Malibu to my parents, the salesman didn't do anything except get paperwork together. And I will indeed be getting a Camaro sometime in the near future.

In case you haven't noticed, GM's trying to appeal to all ages with this car. So I wouldn't be putting down younger car enthusiasts that quickly.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:46 PM   #12
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS, 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to pinkcamaro10
The polls are so freaking annoying! I havent been coming on here quite as much as usual because it seems like thats all there is..polls. A Polls sub-forum would be nice.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:46 PM   #13
skipj3
Go Gators Baby!!!

Drives: '11 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkcamaro10 View Post
The polls are so freaking annoying! I havent been coming on here quite as much as usual because it seems like thats all there is..polls. A Polls sub-forum would be nice.

The Department of Redundancy Department
Old 11-05-2008, 07:55 PM   #14
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipj3 View Post
i have to agree.
I agree with your agreement.

We have a great car. They are giving us a blue SS. They worked on the exhaust note harder than any manufacturer has ever worked to get it right. They gave us performance parts. They gave us aerodynamics parts. They used classic lines. They gave us HIDs as an option. They maintained the concept's image in production. They made the V8 look slightly different than the V6 which is no gimp on its own. They heavily advertised the car in movies and television with proper product placement. They gave us a Corvette motor. They fulfilled their promise of VVT and AFM. They gave us a Cadillac motor. They gave us interior lighting. They gave us a high-profile Inferno Orange interior. They gave us safety. They gave us wider back wheels. They gave us Brembo brakes that are so huge that we will have class-dominating braking performance. They gave us a Boston Acoustics 9-speaker system. They gave us a concealed B-pillar. They gave us a reverse mohawk.

They gave us back our Chevrolet Camaro. Stop asking for more.
warn 145:159 ban
Closed Thread