Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 10-25-2016, 10:28 AM   #15
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
This is a tough question. It will basically boil down to which model one wants the most. Even with the performance numbers, one has to remember that there are clear distinctions between a Camaro and a Corvette. You can't buy a Camaro and expect it to do the things (including looks, persona, feel) that a Vette can do. Much of the same goes with buying a Vette. A vette has incredible performance, but if you're looking for muscle car looks, generous room for more than two adults, the feel of a powerful and sizeable muscle car, then you have to realize that Camaro may be better at that persona than a Vette.

Choose wisely, and good luck.

Edit: One other thing, at a certain price point I almost always would choose a new car over used. This fact could narrow your choices. Good luck.
Good points. I would choose the Corvette for basically two reasons, first is the removable targa top, the open air feeling is great but I'm not a huge fan of convertibles.

The other reason is a little bit of a contradiction to what I bolded from your edit. Your statement is true for most situations and most cars, but this one is a little different. However, it does depend on the specific car.

The Corvette, used, at say $45K, is going to stay closer to that number, value wise for a lot longer. The new 1LE is going to get the initial depreciation, and will most likely continue to decrease in value more quickly than the Corvette. The Corvette, still under warranty, is essentially a new car. Of course, this does depend on the specific car, how was it driven, maintained, etc. However, generally speaking, a slightly used Corvette will almost always be a better buy than a new Camaro, in terms of value.

But it really comes down to personal preference, there is no such thing as a good deal on the wrong car.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 10:48 AM   #16
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
Good points. I would choose the Corvette for basically two reasons, first is the removable targa top, the open air feeling is great but I'm not a huge fan of convertibles.

The other reason is a little bit of a contradiction to what I bolded from your edit. Your statement is true for most situations and most cars, but this one is a little different. However, it does depend on the specific car.

The Corvette, used, at say $45K, is going to stay closer to that number, value wise for a lot longer. The new 1LE is going to get the initial depreciation, and will most likely continue to decrease in value more quickly than the Corvette. The Corvette, still under warranty, is essentially a new car. Of course, this does depend on the specific car, how was it driven, maintained, etc. However, generally speaking, a slightly used Corvette will almost always be a better buy than a new Camaro, in terms of value.

But it really comes down to personal preference, there is no such thing as a good deal on the wrong car.
In general this could be true; Except that base Corvettes tend to be generic in nature, whereas some Camaros have had exclusive models (such as the 4th gen SS, 1LE, ZL1, Z28) that have potential of at least maintaining a value after the initial depreciation. The other point is that (not putting anyone down intentionally) in general I've noticed that many used Camaros have been in less than mint condition as opposed to Corvettes (from modding and racing, which impacts the resale value). Reputation can also affect the value as well.

IMO, I would buy a new Camaro over a used vette if all other things were equal, and if I had a slightly greater preference for Camaro. If I really had to have a vette then I'd wait until I have the resources to buy a new one.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 11:23 AM   #17
ytown87

Drives: C6 Corvette
just a quick fyi...I ended with the question "what do you" choose? more so for discussion. Im not in the market for either at the moment.

someone brought out a really good point. that used C7 will probably not even dip below 40k for the next couple years with low miles. the 1LE will be less than 40k after a year.
2008 C6 m6. Carbon creations front/rear carbon fiber wodebody fenders. Carbon fiber hood carbon fiber roof hoop carbon fiber zr1 extreme spoiler. NW 102mm tb. Ported intake manifold. Cometic .040 head gaskets. LG motorsports G6x3 cam. DSX flex fuel sensor. AEM methanol kit. Z06 brakes. Ebiach sway bars. ZR1 rep wheels and Nitto Invo tires. Monster stage 3 twin disc clutch. MGW short shifter. Corbeau race seats. Gforce race harnesses. SLP loudmouth 2 mufflers. Carbon fiber exhaust tips. RPM stage 4 transmission and Stage 3 rear diff. 3.73 gears. Vararam cai. Kooks 1 7/8 headers and x-pipe.
ytown87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 11:51 AM   #18
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro2ss/rs View Post
because the c7 Z51 blows away the C6 Z06 WHEN IT COMES TO LOOKS....
Not in my Opinion - I love the C6 looks
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 03:47 PM   #19
14Black1LESS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Depends on if you want a sports car feel or a muscle car feel. If it were me, Id take the C7 Z51.
Old 10-25-2016, 04:01 PM   #20
zr1chris

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
Especially the all mighty ZR1. Been keeping my eye on those... Maybe in 10-15 years lol... Seen some lightly used for around $60k Maybe by then hopefully be around $45k
zr1chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 04:32 PM   #21
camaro2ss/rs

Drives: 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
Now i am buying hotchkis sway bars
camaro2ss/rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 09:38 PM   #22
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerTM View Post
Send a PM to GZobian, he owns both.
Lies, all lies JerTM.

Seriously though, with GM clearance sales finally applying to the 16 C7s, I couldn't sit by anymore. I can't deny the performance on the 6th gen 1LE, but I can't fall in love with the 6th gen either. Love my 13 1LE, but the vette is a different animal. So to answer your question, for me, C7 all the way. I have the 16 M7 Z51 with rev-matching, MRC/PTM and a few other performance options. Love the muscle car feel of my 5th gen and the surgical precision of the C7 z51. Here's a pic.
Attached Images

Old 10-26-2016, 05:54 PM   #23
Cyber10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
7 > 6. Even math says so

LS3 Conversion | Comp Cam Custom Grind | Mast Heads | Comp Cam Push Rods | LS7 Timing Chain | 180 Thermostat | Ported Intake | Ported TB | SLP UDP | K & N CAI | Custom 3800 Stall Converter | Aluminum 1 Piece Driveshaft | Kooks 1 7/8" LTH | High Flow Cats | ARH 3" Exhaust | ARH Mufflers | Eibach Lowering Springs | BMR Floor Brace Subframe Connectors with Tunnel Brace | BMR Moly Lower Rear Control Arms | Oracle LED Halo Kit
Cyber10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 02:44 AM   #24
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzobian View Post
Lies, all lies JerTM.

Seriously though, with GM clearance sales finally applying to the 16 C7s, I couldn't sit by anymore. I can't deny the performance on the 6th gen 1LE, but I can't fall in love with the 6th gen either. Love my 13 1LE, but the vette is a different animal. So to answer your question, for me, C7 all the way. I have the 16 M7 Z51 with rev-matching, MRC/PTM and a few other performance options. Love the muscle car feel of my 5th gen and the surgical precision of the C7 z51. Here's a pic.
A picture is worth a thousand words, and this picture is all that needs to be said...just pure sexy.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 03:32 AM   #25
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
tough question.i looked at used vettes briefly before buying my 2015 RS.a couple of months went by before i pulled the trigger and i drove every 5th gen the dealer had plus a 2016 base camaro.(must have driven my salesman crazy)i couldnt see spending more money to get a 4 cyl. with turbos,more parts to break/wear out,and eat that first big depreciation driving off the lot(plus i would have wanted the 6 cylinder for $1500 more)when i bought my car,certified used with the warrantee,i walked past the C6 vette that i had tried there(no warrantee,but 4k cheaper)i got just the car i wanted,comfy with almost every option known to man and decent mileage to boot.i am suddenly seeing a lot more 2016 camaros and they look good but i cant get past the extra character lines in the hood even though i think the 2016 has a little better forward visibilty due to them.
redcoats1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 07:14 AM   #26
spadz93
BUMBL Z

Drives: 2015 ZL1
C7. The 1le is great but the C7 just has that pop IMO. Also, in regards to the C6z, the exterior looks great, but the interior (which is where you'll be spending most of your time) is cheap as hell
Current: 2015 ZL1 M6, Rotofab Intake, LS3 throttle body, 2.55 Upper/9.17 Lower w/ Idler Relocation, DMS Reinforced Brick, ID1050X, 1 7/8" Headers, ProSpeed HX/Reservoir, DSX Aux Pump/Flex Fuel Sensor, E85, McLeod RXT, BMR 1" Drop, Tuned by Pat G
Past: 2010 2SS, some bolt ons, 415rwhp/400rwtq

spadz93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 10:11 AM   #27
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber10 View Post
7 > 6. Even math says so
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 11:22 AM   #28
Tmick5jr
Todd