Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-21-2009, 10:08 PM   #1
Asylum
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS RS Black on Black Manual 6
Q&A - Headers, Exhaust, Intake, Tune.

Please answer according to the order of the questions in the format as follows. This will not only answer my question but hopefully answer several others that are wondering the same thing.

1.) I am considering ordering the SLP Longtube header package... yes the really expensive one...
1a.) Will installing a LONGTUBE header package void my warranty in anyway?

2.) I currently have the HENNESY CAI w/ Heat Shield installed, along with the SLP LOUDMOUTH1 Axle back exhaust installed
2.a) Assuming the headers do not result in voiding the warranty and I install them as well - will a tune greatly improve the performance of all 3 parts now working in synergy with each-other?

3.) I am contemplating getting a tune if Question 2 results in a positive answer..
3a.) Assuming I get a tune - will this void the cars warranty in anyway, if the answer is YES, how much of the car is voided based off these parts?

Thankyou C5 for taking the time to review these questions. I ask that any responses stay on target with the questions above. I know for myself this will clear up a lot of confusion most likely, as well as I'm sure others are curious of the same thing.

Stay safe & Work smart not hard!
Asylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:18 PM   #2
Asylum
Account Suspended

^ SLP Longtube headers full package with SLP Loudmouth 1 Exhaust.

Yes i know its loud
Yes I know its above the 'accepted' noise level
and yes.. I know it is absolutely entirely and completely unnecessary to bet hat loud..

To the above I say this: Ever heard a harley with pipes?
Before you know it the harleys will be saying
Ever heard a camaro with pipes?

Sidenote: - > According to York Regional police most excessive noise tickets are given to the following

Rice Rocket Lawn Mower Launching civis.
Cars that sound horrible
Jack ass's that rev the shit out of their cars at 11o'clock in a residential area.

Respect the road, your surroundings, know when to have your fun and more importantly where and typically you will be smooth sailing.

The camaro is a V8, imo - its time it sounded like one :P
Old 10-21-2009, 10:19 PM   #3
JHart
I haz camaro again :)

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS
they won't mess with you with the exhaust and intake, because of some magnuson yatta yatta act unless they prove that mod caused the problem, your fine.. the only thing i'd worry about losing a warranty over is the tune.

2010 silverado z71 ccsb(sold, old dd)
2010 camaro1ss(sold, missed, will have another someday)
JHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:54 PM   #4
Asylum
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHart View Post
they won't mess with you with the exhaust and intake, because of some magnuson yatta yatta act unless they prove that mod caused the problem, your fine.. the only thing i'd worry about losing a warranty over is the tune.
Please answer according to the order of the questions in the format as follows.

First line, in my post..

Perfect..

Anyone else care to give their 0.02?
Old 10-22-2009, 09:30 AM   #5
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asylum View Post
Please answer according to the order of the questions in the format as follows. This will not only answer my question but hopefully answer several others that are wondering the same thing.

1.) I am considering ordering the SLP Longtube header package... yes the really expensive one...
1a.) Will installing a LONGTUBE header package void my warranty in anyway?

2.) I currently have the HENNESY CAI w/ Heat Shield installed, along with the SLP LOUDMOUTH1 Axle back exhaust installed
2.a) Assuming the headers do not result in voiding the warranty and I install them as well - will a tune greatly improve the performance of all 3 parts now working in synergy with each-other?

3.) I am contemplating getting a tune if Question 2 results in a positive answer..
3a.) Assuming I get a tune - will this void the cars warranty in anyway, if the answer is YES, how much of the car is voided based off these parts?

Thankyou C5 for taking the time to review these questions. I ask that any responses stay on target with the questions above. I know for myself this will clear up a lot of confusion most likely, as well as I'm sure others are curious of the same thing.

Stay safe & Work smart not hard!
1) The only warranty that will be void is the exhaust warranty but since you no longer have the factory exhaust it's not a problem.

2) oh hell yea no doubt.

3) Yes. Your complete power train warranty will be void which includes but not limited to engine, tranny, and rear axle.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote