Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 04-25-2018, 10:37 AM   #2437
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
2 1/2 weeks out from a push/pull meet. It’s a warmup for a meet in June. Worked up to working sets of 600 then back to 405 for speed pulls. Hoping for around a 660 or so pull at the meet.

https://youtu.be/-XEjA4mjvAw
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 11:17 AM   #2438
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsxmatt View Post
2 1/2 weeks out from a push/pull meet. It’s a warmup for a meet in June. Worked up to working sets of 600 then back to 405 for speed pulls. Hoping for around a 660 or so pull at the meet.

https://youtu.be/-XEjA4mjvAw
nice power!!
hrpiii is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 10:24 AM   #2439
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
I couldn't take it anymore.....

I stayed totally out of the gym until last week. I was "released" to do the elliptical. Still can't run. I made it 2 days, then.....

I just had to go to the free weight room. I only used the 25lb bar and really just played but man it sure felt good to do something. It's only 2 weeks ahead of schedule.

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 12:04 PM   #2440
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post
I couldn't take it anymore.....

I stayed totally out of the gym until last week. I was "released" to do the elliptical. Still can't run. I made it 2 days, then.....

I just had to go to the free weight room. I only used the 25lb bar and really just played but man it sure felt good to do something. It's only 2 weeks ahead of schedule.
hehehehe. Yeah, we all saw this one coming. Glad you are back in the gym, even just some light stuff.... YOU ARE BACK IN THE GYM!!! Has to feel good, I know it did for me.
Old 07-02-2018, 10:12 PM   #2441
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Been lifting light lately and cutting carbs. Trying to cut up lose some weight. Down 15 lbs. All natural no gear. Decided to try my bodyweight tonight for reps. Got 245 for 40 reps on bench press. I’d guess my max is about 470 right now. Ok I guess for cutting a lot of calories. I’ve been about 500 before raw shirtless and natural at about 265 bodyweight.

Have always just lifted for myself on the side. Don’t compete. Thought about it though

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XE6Ao2dLohM
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 05:46 AM   #2442
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
Been lifting light lately and cutting carbs. Trying to cut up lose some weight. Down 15 lbs. All natural no gear. Decided to try my bodyweight tonight for reps. Got 245 for 40 reps on bench press. I’d guess my max is about 470 right now. Ok I guess for cutting a lot of calories. I’ve been about 500 before raw shirtless and natural at about 265 bodyweight.

Have always just lifted for myself on the side. Don’t compete. Thought about it though

Great lifts... Competing is a blast, you should do an event.
Old 07-03-2018, 09:08 AM   #2443
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
Great lifts... Competing is a blast, you should do an event.
Thanks man

I’d need to work on squats and deadlift more unless I just did bench. I do them but not every week dedicated. I’ve hurt my back with deadlift so I don’t do that very often. I do legs but I don’t really push myself on them like I should
Old 07-03-2018, 10:37 AM   #2444
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Quote:

A 500lb raw bench is awesome! Hell even a 400lb raw bench is awesome.

Not trying to give you a hard time but....

I'd venture to say if you did FULL reps that number would be cut down to about 25.

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 07-03-2018, 10:38 AM   #2445
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
hehehehe. Yeah, we all saw this one coming. Glad you are back in the gym, even just some light stuff.... YOU ARE BACK IN THE GYM!!! Has to feel good, I know it did for me.
It does feel good and bad.

It's great to be doing something but then again it sucks to ONLY be doing something.

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 07-03-2018, 11:07 AM   #2446
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
A 500lb raw bench is awesome! Hell even a 400lb raw bench is awesome.

Not trying to give you a hard time but....

I'd venture to say if you did FULL reps that number would be cut down to about 25.
Thanks. At least I didn’t have my ass 2 ft in the air to decrease my rom by 50% like most powerlifters do. I lifted it strait up. But yeah not 100 percent lockout every time. I just don’t do reps like that I guess. Unless it’s a heavy and slow set

I did 400 raw in high school at 17. With a pause. Still got the record there. Bench comes easy to me. I’d be much higher but I’ve ripped a pec before and it always starts talking to me around 500.

I’ve done 315 for 18 reps before going a lot slower. I bet I could do 30-35 with 245 going slower and full lockout.

I don’t really hit every rep like it’s an official max when doing a workout. Dont know anyone who does. If you watch the nfl combine I’m right on par with how they do it as far as speed and form. Which speaking of that the record is 49 with 225. Bet I could surpass that with a little practice lol. Probably close to it now
Old 07-03-2018, 11:30 AM   #2447
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Quote:
Thanks. At least I didn’t have my ass 2 ft in the air to decrease my rom by 50% like most powerlifters do. I lifted it strait up. But yeah not 100 percent lockout every time. I just don’t do reps like that I guess. Unless it’s a heavy and slow set

I did 400 raw in high school at 17. With a pause. Still got the record there. Bench comes easy to me. I’d be much higher but I’ve ripped a pec before and it always starts talking to me around 500.

I’ve done 315 for 18 reps before going a lot slower. I bet I could do 30-35 with 245 going slower and full lockout.

I don’t really hit every rep like it’s an official max when doing a workout. Dont know anyone who does. If you watch the nfl combine I’m right on par with how they do it as far as speed and form. Which speaking of that the record is 49 with 225. Bet I could surpass that with a little practice lol. Probably close to it now
That's a helluva bench in HS. We had one guy, Terry Moore, in the 220lb class did 405, and I can't remember his last name, Randall in SHW did 485. I was in the 132lb class at the time

A couple of points....

PL's asses aren't in the air....if they are it's a no lift. It's their back that has an arch in it.

And something you should consider especially having constant pec problems...

Have you ever thought about changing to a PL'ing style of bench? Not only from an arch aspect, but more so tucking your elbows? It would most likely greatly help your pec problems. Trust me, you don't want to go through pec surgery repair

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 07-03-2018, 12:07 PM   #2448
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
That's a helluva bench in HS. We had one guy, Terry Moore, in the 220lb class did 405, and I can't remember his last name, Randall in SHW did 485. I was in the 132lb class at the time

A couple of points....

PL's asses aren't in the air....if they are it's a no lift. It's their back that has an arch in it.

And something you should consider especially having constant pec problems...

Have you ever thought about changing to a PL'ing style of bench? Not only from an arch aspect, but more so tucking your elbows? It would most likely greatly help your pec problems. Trust me, you don't want to go through pec surgery repair
Yes I have actually. But I’ve never stuck with it. Felt awkward. I know it can take stress off my pec. And could probably increase my bench. I really need to

I was 225 when I did 400 @ 17. And I tore my pec a few weeks after. Screwed myself. I had 6 more months I could have added to the record I often wonder what I could have set it at. Oh well

I never had surgery on my pec when i tore it at 17. But I guarantee I messed it up good. I couldn’t bench for months. It made a sound like a rag ripping and knuckles cracking at the same time. Lots of pain. I was doing a negative at the time. I tore my bicep doing heavy preacher curls two years ago. It was 6 months before I was confident lifting somewhat heavy with it. A year before I forgot about it. Even now it feels odd or aches at times. Was a full thickness distal bicep tendon rupture. Had to be re attached. Don’t do heavy preacher curls with a strait bar and explode off the bottom lol

My friend tore his pec a few years ago and it’s still not right. So I’m sure it sucks for you. Sorry to hear that. My bicep is 95% and from what I’ve read long term recovery is usually pretty good. From what I’ve seen with pecs it’s a bitch

Thanks for the advise. I really should change my form. I’ve got a Mark Bell slingshot that kind of keeps my elbows tucked. Maybe I should start using that more and change it up
Old 07-04-2018, 04:32 PM   #2449
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
I do quick reps the same way. I never lock out unless I’m competing, kind of pointless unless you’re training triceps that day. I’m about 228lbs and I did 51-52 reps of 225 last week.

https://youtu.be/TNNikrprKl8
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 06:19 PM   #2450
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsxmatt View Post
I do quick reps the same way. I never lock out unless I’m competing, kind of pointless unless you’re training triceps that day. I’m about 228lbs and I did 51-52 reps of 225 last week.

https://youtu.be/TNNikrprKl8
Awesome man

Got to see if I can match that lol