#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-22-2020, 09:54 PM   #169
ProjectZL1

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC View Post
Another great video. This time thanks to ZL1 Project youtube channel. Great video quality, very detailed.

Thanks,
Thanks Mike!
Old 02-22-2020, 10:00 PM   #170
ProjectZL1

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC View Post
Installation and operating instructions attached at the bottom. Very easy, warranty safe.

Attachment 1008332

Attachment 1008333

Attachment 1008334

Thanks,
I noticed it is different than my modes on my Throttle controller. Is there an update that can be done via lightning cable? Or is it just a change in names of the modes and not anything else and it is nothing to worry with?
Old 02-24-2020, 02:55 PM   #171
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectZL1 View Post
I noticed it is different than my modes on my Throttle controller. Is there an update that can be done via lightning cable? Or is it just a change in names of the modes and not anything else and it is nothing to worry with?
Correct, only characters color and names. Logic/performance is identical.
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 07:27 PM   #172
Crushed 1LE

Drives: 2022 ZL1(FEA suspension) Rapid Blue
Below is a copy of an email I sent to Mike at Soler Performance. I gotta say I'm impressed! Worth twice the price he is charging.

Finally had some decent weather here and got around to installing the TB today. I just got back from my 1st test drive. What can I say.... You are bloody brilliant! It has totally changed the driveability of this bad ass car.*

It's so smooth now. Tip-in is instant and responsive. Getting of the line when driving like a normal person no longer requires 100% concentration and the foot dexterity of a pro dancer. It's difficult to express in words, but it is so different. Remarkable!*

I haven't gotten into her yet, as I want to follow your relearn procedures first. Can't wait to finish the setup with the Throttle Controller. If it's half as good as the TB, I'll be extatic.*

Thanks Mike. You really have identified and solved what seems to be one of the top complaints of this platform. Everyone (including me) was blaming the clutch engineering. I've now changed my mind entirely.*

Last edited by Crushed 1LE; 02-24-2020 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Additions
Crushed 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 07:23 PM   #173
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Thank you very much, Crushed.

Like I said, wait until you add the TC...and let's see if the value proposition gets even better.
Old 03-04-2020, 01:48 PM   #174
RobbyRocketz

Drives: 2016 Chevy Camaro SS Mosaic Black
Just got my Soler TB for my ZL1 1LE, was there supposed be a gasket between the TB and mounting surface?
Went the new route so that I could keep the stock as a backup.
RobbyRocketz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 02:20 PM   #175
RobbyRocketz

Project ZL1 video shows ZL1 engraved on the throttle plate, mine is engraved LT4, point two the bolts on his are flush mine look like the factory bolts and are not flush, 3 the packaging was pretty half ass, his was wrapped in bubble wrap, mine was one piece on top, one on bottom.
Consistently matters people, the throttle plate bolts are the thing that really bother but I’ll trust that I received the right one and go ahead and do the install.
Old 03-04-2020, 05:46 PM   #176
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyRocketz View Post
Just got my Soler TB for my ZL1 1LE, was there supposed be a gasket between the TB and mounting surface?
Went the new route so that I could keep the stock as a backup.
Thank you very much, Robby.

There should be a gasket mounted on the manifold (it is usually blue) you'll see it when you remove your stock TB.

What you have is our latest design, the front of the blade is now completely shaftless. The screws cannot be countersunk b/c it would weaken the blade, but they are dome heads (very aerodynamic).

This configuration has been tested to flow more than our earlier configuration as the high-pressure side of the blade is now completely unobstructed (shaft-less), while we kept the material for support at the vacuum side of the blade, where the obstruction plays a much lesser role.

In other words, it is still a half-shaft, but a better half-shaft, and we have been selling it for a few months now.

We do special engraving on request for $25. We can do a swap if you'd like to have it custom marked.

We can also make a part for you with the geometry of the older design, but trust us, what you have is better.

Feel free to e-mail or call if you have any questions, or want to proceed w/ any changes to your order.
Old 03-05-2020, 09:45 AM   #177
copper3000
Troy

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro
I highly recommend the Soler ported throttle body! Very fast delivery and they notified me every step of the way. Instructions are easy to follow and installation was simple. Love the feel of the throttle now! Smooth and responsive, just what I was hoping for.
Beautiful workmanship and liked that I could get one tailored for my 10 speed automatic.
Thanks Mike for bringing me such joy!
Old 03-05-2020, 09:58 AM   #178
FoundNemo

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Mike's service and lack of sensitivity to criticism while replying in full detail is remarkable these days. Cheers sir!
FoundNemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 05:01 PM   #179
RobbyRocketz

Installed and went through the learning process as recommended and the final result is a dramatically better driving experience!
Thank you Soler!
I think I might send my O.E.M back and get it done as a backup, just in case.
Old 03-11-2020, 07:27 PM   #180
Zigg L1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Garnet Red Tintcoat A10
Got my throttle body and throttle control in the box waiting for some better weather so I could give it a go. Top notch quality craftsmanship and customer service. I have the A10 hope to see some difference.
Zigg L1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 08:50 AM   #181
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
I can’t wait to add their throttle controller unit this spring. That should make the car feel a lot better.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 09:27 AM   #182
Crushed 1LE

Drives: 2022 ZL1(FEA suspension) Rapid Blue
I installed the controller last week. Depending on what setting you use, the effects are dramatic. Difficult to describe really. Car kind of feels 500 pounds lighter - if that makes any sense.
Crushed 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote