Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-24-2014, 10:27 AM   #1
Silverlsinva

Drives: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Grigio
Got the bug again lol

Im pretty sure not many of u know that I got rid of my 2010 SS Camaro that was a auto and I did a few mods as well. This was over a year ago I did this. I am happy with my current car its fun to drive and gets great mileage and is very light one the wallet on fill up. But I had a opportunity to drive a stick shift SS Camaro again and it felt amazing and got me wanting another SS Camaro lol. So I browsed the used cars in my area and had to stop cause I usually don't get used cars have always had bad luck with them. I am also not saying I am going to buy one anytime soon but would like too. But Not only for me but for a lot of other people who want a used SS Camaro. A few questions for people who know more than I about what to look for when buying a Used performance car.

Acceptable mileage for something priced around 25k
Of course I wouldn't want anything already modified well at least exterior mods cause I wouldn't mind exhaust if it sounded right.
Also what else should I look for to see if the car was abused or taken care of.

Mods I did do a search and didn't find anything sorry if this had been posted before.
Silverlsinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 11:35 AM   #2
Burn Notice24

Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible
At this point, I would just wait for the 6th gen to come out before buying another Camaro. Then if you like the 6th gen and want one, you can get one. Or if you don't like it, then you will get a better deal on a 5th gen.
Burn Notice24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 12:21 PM   #3
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Once you go Camaro you'll never go back , trade that ricer in for some Detroit Muscle and live!!!
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 12:27 PM   #4
Emig5m
100% Sport Møde

Drives: '17 Civic SI + '04 SVT Lightning
Fiat? Oh lordy please don't torture yourself anymore and get the SS!! Used is fine most of the time, I've only ever owned used vehicles and haven't had a problem other than routine maintenance that you would have to do on a new one as well.
Emig5m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 01:56 PM   #5
Silverlsinva

Burn Notice the reason I am looking used is cause I know I can get almost exactly what I want for a lot less money than the 6th gen will cost new and not have to wait over a year an half for it. Also my fiat is pretty fun to drive it sounds awesome its not the base fiat its the Abarth model and its no way near ricer status, Yes I know it isn't fast or quick but it is peppy as I tell people, it only weights 2600 to 2700lbs so its almost like a lil go kart around turns and I never have to worry about people door dinging me cause its very small. Like I said I will prolly not buy a used Camaro anytime soon but I do miss it a lot and I hope it passes and if it doesn't then I want to know what to look out for.
Old 05-24-2014, 08:16 PM   #6
Silverlsinva

Ok after researching a bit I found a new SS coupe for a great price and I might see if it is still on the dealer lot tomarrow and if I can get what I want for my car and everything works out I will be having a new Camaro if not then ill stick with my current car.
Old 05-24-2014, 08:21 PM   #7
Austin45
The Logistician

Drives: 2012 LFX 45th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverlsinva View Post
Burn Notice the reason I am looking used is cause I know I can get almost exactly what I want for a lot less money than the 6th gen will cost new and not have to wait over a year an half for it. Also my fiat is pretty fun to drive it sounds awesome its not the base fiat its the Abarth model and its no way near ricer status, Yes I know it isn't fast or quick but it is peppy as I tell people, it only weights 2600 to 2700lbs so its almost like a lil go kart around turns and I never have to worry about people door dinging me cause its very small. Like I said I will prolly not buy a used Camaro anytime soon but I do miss it a lot and I hope it passes and if it doesn't then I want to know what to look out for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverlsinva View Post
Ok after researching a bit I found a new SS coupe for a great price and I might see if it is still on the dealer lot tomarrow and if I can get what I want for my car and everything works out I will be having a new Camaro if not then ill stick with my current car.

Old 05-26-2014, 08:37 AM   #8
Silverlsinva

Well it seems the price was a lil too good to be true but it still was a great price but still too much for me to wanna bite off so looks like ill be keeping my current car for a bit longer.