Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-07-2012, 09:45 PM   #71
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkdoc View Post
Pretty sure this is for the SS.
SS and V6 M6's have the same issues. The dealer has already verified everything and now just playing the waiting game. Mine really doesn't have this issue to bad. So I'm just using this as a freebie repair at my buddies dealership.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:55 AM   #72
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkdoc View Post
There's nothing wrong with our first gear ratio...its perfect. Hit over 40 something MPH before shifting to second. Launches me hard. Can spin the wheels from a 7 to 10 mph roll on, and spin at will from a standing start. Whats wrong with our manual 1st gear??
Imo its too high of a ratio which makes the car extremely hard to launch without wheel spin.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:08 PM   #73
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Any news on bolting up the SS tranny?
Old 12-10-2012, 01:46 PM   #74
probee773

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT RS 6MT Double Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
Attachment 440272

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
How can we get more details on this TSB? The summary isn't very descriptive.
probee773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:06 PM   #75
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Bump...any vendors willing to step up to the plate? Or willing to make one for me? I'm looking to rehaul my tranny this summer. Either take the stock one and get it built, or swap in for the v8 tranny.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:18 PM   #76
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
Bump...any vendors willing to step up to the plate? Or willing to make one for me? I'm looking to rehaul my tranny this summer. Either take the stock one and get it built, or swap in for the v8 tranny.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:15 PM   #77
VEESIKS
formerly 2011Camaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS IBM M6
I had a new transmission with the updated synchros installed about 15k miles ago and my shifts have been night and day different ever since. Very rarely I will get a light grind from 1-2. I believe that adding the IDEALG slave would remove those but it's not even often enough to warrant spending the money on at this point. I'm on my phone and frankly don't feel like dealing with finding the post but I posted a video a while back of my 1-2 shift after the new transmission. I've got the Barton short shifter with a Hurst T-handle on it so I can rip the shift pretty fast.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:50 PM   #78
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011Camaro View Post
I had a new transmission with the updated synchros installed about 15k miles ago and my shifts have been night and day different ever since. Very rarely I will get a light grind from 1-2. I believe that adding the IDEALG slave would remove those but it's not even often enough to warrant spending the money on at this point. I'm on my phone and frankly don't feel like dealing with finding the post but I posted a video a while back of my 1-2 shift after the new transmission. I've got the Barton short shifter with a Hurst T-handle on it so I can rip the shift pretty fast.
Was it replaced by the dealer? If so do you have receipts?

The idea of having no shifting problems is making me tear up lolol its the one thing on this car I'm not happy with. This car was a big investment so I'm in it for the long haul. I'll eventually boost it, but I can't now with such a weak and unsatisfying transmission.
Old 05-16-2013, 03:48 PM   #79
VEESIKS
formerly 2011Camaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS IBM M6
I've got them somewhere. All work was done under warranty by the dealer. I had my trams rebuilt at 10k miles, replaced at 16k miles, and replaced again at around 20k miles with the transmission with the updated synchros. Any transmission the dealer orders for you now SHOULD come with the carbon blockers. If I remember correctly they didn't change part numbers just changed the part.
Old 05-18-2013, 07:46 AM   #80
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011Camaro View Post
I've got them somewhere. All work was done under warranty by the dealer. I had my trams rebuilt at 10k miles, replaced at 16k miles, and replaced again at around 20k miles with the transmission with the updated synchros. Any transmission the dealer orders for you now SHOULD come with the carbon blockers. If I remember correctly they didn't change part numbers just changed the part.
I would totally appreciate it dude. I got one other members service papers too for the same type of repair. My dealer does excellent work but they can be touchy. They mostly deal with Caddys too.

Block out your private info and all of that of course (I would have done that anyway).

Check this out though guys: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292942

All I'd need is an adapter and I'd be good right? Well within budget..