Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-14-2009, 09:25 PM   #15
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Bomex Aero huh? Look for some very aggressive japanese looking body kits. I'm actually interested to see the direction they take with the body lines of the Camaro.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:21 AM   #16
Bentley78
Rice Cooker

Drives: Avalanche Z/71, 2010 Camaro2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilo-9 View Post
Sounds cool, but I'm still waiting to see what Chip Foose can do with this car.
Thats what i'm talking about.
Bentley78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 06:08 AM   #17
Victory_Redd

Drives: Red '94 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe
Send a message via AIM to Victory_Redd
in response to the comment above-

im not sure if this is correct but i think chip foose created the 2nd bumblebee design...again not sure but thats what i heard, i wouldnt be suprised, hes the mannn!!

My dream car, man would i love me a Z-28......Soon to be ordered: Manual 2LT/RS Victory red (of course) with black stripes
Victory_Redd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 12:52 PM   #18
red_racer2
Just me

Drives: 2020 1LE Shadow Grey Metallic
I am not very impressed with any of the vehicles that have shown what they are doing for SEMA. As for the companies list above most look like theyare rice based... . I am looking forward to seeing the cars that GM did not supoort, those are the ones to look for.

Last edited by red_racer2; 07-15-2009 at 02:07 PM.
red_racer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 10:09 PM   #19
scapcamaro

Drives: 2010 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_racer2 View Post
I am not very impressed with any of the vehicles that have shown what they are doing for SEMA. As for the companies list above most look like theyare rice based... . I am looking forward to seeing the cars that GM did not supoort, those are the ones to look for.
you have no clue? we work with the aftermarket, to help them come up with all the cool stuff everyone wants. to each it's own, but dont put down people that are trying. if it so easy you could do it.
scapcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 10:22 PM   #20
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic
Old 07-15-2009, 10:27 PM   #21
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_racer2 View Post
can people stop Stretching the word rice

To me the meaning of Rice means useless Bodykits,wings,mufflers that some Teen decides to put on there FWD car

The camaro is the farthest thing from Rice
Old 07-15-2009, 11:17 PM   #22
red_racer2
Just me

Quote:
Originally Posted by scapcamaro View Post
you have no clue? we work with the aftermarket, to help them come up with all the cool stuff everyone wants. to each it's own, but dont put down people that are trying. if it so easy you could do it.
I am not bashing any of the designs, I am just stating my opinion. Thats all I will say since I dont want to be banded from the forumn.

Do I have a clue? Yes I do. I know what it takes to put a car together for Sema. So I guess we all will see each other there.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:28 PM   #23
red_racer2
Just me

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingincamaro View Post

To me the meaning of Rice means useless Bodykits,wings,mufflers that some Teen decides to put on there FWD car

My statement about rice refers to previous kits that I have seen that were designed. I hope to see some great body kits designed for the camaro from the companies that were awarded a camaro from GM.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:10 AM   #24
Restroom
Screw it; buying a Vette

Drives: '08 Corvette C6 Coupe (A6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie13 View Post
It seems to me that if you install the rigid framework of a sunroof in place of flat sheet-metal you are increasing the structural integrity of the roof area. ...not reduce torsional rigidity or destroy cockpit safety. If it were a cockpit safety issue, GM wouldn't offer the Sunroof as an option.
It doesn't matter how well you brace up the hole you made, the fact is you had to cut through existing solid bodyshell and bigger, more sound roofbracing in the first place. Sure, you could even run braces across the hole on both sides of the glass, but it's not going to function as a unit, meaning you get more chassis flex and stress on either side. Think about the kind of torque this car's going to be making, and without a frame to absorb any of that punishment.

As far as safety goes, I don't mean for a daily-driver. This looks like a car built for the drag strip, and racing officials tend not to like items like that.
Restroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 07:18 AM   #25
scapcamaro

Drives: 2010 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restroom View Post
It doesn't matter how well you brace up the hole you made, the fact is you had to cut through existing solid bodyshell and bigger, more sound roofbracing in the first place. Sure, you could even run braces across the hole on both sides of the glass, but it's not going to function as a unit, meaning you get more chassis flex and stress on either side. Think about the kind of torque this car's going to be making, and without a frame to absorb any of that punishment.

As far as safety goes, I don't mean for a daily-driver. This looks like a car built for the drag strip, and racing officials tend not to like items like that.
whats the hype over a sun roof? Neil likes the open airy feel of a sun roof. His camaro is going to be SHOW CAR that will be a daily driven and some strip use. the camaro's are very well built and can handle a sun roof.

We like to hear your input on our stuff, what would help out is letting us know what you would like to see made for the camaro.

The Camaro we at (SCAP) are going to build is not looking to be a bolt on parts car, Meaning we are going to fab up most of the parts inhouse one off. 95% of the parts we are going to make for our v6 camaro, are not available form the aftermarket. I want to push the envelope on this car! SCAP's camaro is all about PERFORMANCE, no buts
scapcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 11:17 AM   #26
mutant chicken
Mutant Member

Drives: '10 SS/RS, '10 Mini , 07 Harley
Not everyone needs to try to go 200 mph. It seems like I twitch my right foot in my wife's Camaro is doing 90. In all reality the car is fast enough for the street already, would I like it to be faster ? Sure thing ! But there is nothing wrong with doing something to make the car look better either. Let's just keep it classy, no funky giant wings, or Walmart glue on accesories, or aftermarket ground effect kits that never get painted.... I think you all know what I'm talking about.

mutant chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 11:20 AM   #27
mutant chicken
Mutant Member

Drives: '10 SS/RS, '10 Mini , 07 Harley
BTW, I love the wheels in that pic, I think they would look great on my wife's CGM !!!

mutant chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 04:17 PM   #28
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingincamaro View Post

A 'true' ricer usually follows the rule of 3: $3,000 body kit, $3,000 stereo, $3,000 exhaust, $3,000 spoiler, $3,000 car...