Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 07-15-2013, 12:42 PM   #29
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast1 View Post
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. Stock suspension, with 14000 miles.
Shine some light up into the strut tower and get a good look at the insulator between the top of the spring and the upper spring seat / bearing plate. If you see black rubber replacing it with a urethane and steel insulator may resolve your noise.

Before you go down that road, try tightening things up per our instructions.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:30 PM   #30
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Drives: 2013 2SS Dusk Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast1 View Post
I have the exact same problem. It sounds like something's coming apart every time I drive over a small bump.
same here but sometimes it's fine and other times sounds like the right front shock is going to pop through the damn car it is so loud.

6 month old 9k mile 13..
driving me nuts.
530/520 SAE
DuskSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 05:45 PM   #31
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskSS View Post
same here but sometimes it's fine and other times sounds like the right front shock is going to pop through the damn car it is so loud.

6 month old 9k mile 13..
driving me nuts.
For those of you with 13s, there is a TSB for strut replacement due to a manufacturing defect in the strut. Have your dealer run your VIN.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:31 PM   #32
mostknownunknown

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro SS
I also have the same problem on the front right side...This is ridiculous there is no exact fix for this problem...I'm very disappointed & just purchased my 2010 SS Camaro
mostknownunknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:28 PM   #33
lakersftbl69

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
I just installed pfadt lowering spring and sways with full bMR bushing kit when I turn going forward or reverse I have I lil weird noise too. Maybe it's normal after changing everything?
upgrades kooks 1 7/8" LTH w/ deleted cats, corsa exhaust, hurst short throw shifter stage 3 comp cam, 3.91 gears ecs kit blower, meth injection, upgraded axles, drive shaft, McLeod rxt clutch, fully forged 416ci stroker all installed and dyno tuned by slowhawk performance in bridgewater ma.
lakersftbl69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:12 PM   #34
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakersftbl69 View Post
I just installed pfadt lowering spring and sways with full bMR bushing kit when I turn going forward or reverse I have I lil weird noise too. Maybe it's normal after changing everything?
After installing new suspension parts, unless they include spherical rod ends, there should be no wired noises. Lay a wrench on every nut and make sue they are tight.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:58 PM   #35
lakersftbl69

The endlink upgrades are the same zl spec ones along with the upgraded lower control arm I got them from the Chevy dealer cuz my car is a 2010
upgrades kooks 1 7/8" LTH w/ deleted cats, corsa exhaust, hurst short throw shifter stage 3 comp cam, 3.91 gears ecs kit blower, meth injection, upgraded axles, drive shaft, McLeod rxt clutch, fully forged 416ci stroker all installed and dyno tuned by slowhawk performance in bridgewater ma.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:59 PM   #36
lakersftbl69

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
After installing new suspension parts, unless they include spherical rod ends, there should be no wired noises. Lay a wrench on every nut and make sue they are tight.
I will thank you
Old 08-25-2013, 10:31 PM   #37
mostknownunknown

I have everything stock under the hood on my 2010 Chevy Camaro SS...I had everything re-checked & tightened and the noise was almost the same...So should I try purchasing the Strut mounts and replacing the rubber strut mounts...Just tryna start some where however I do have warranty...I have 44,000 miles on my vehicle.......Please help
Old 08-25-2013, 11:58 PM   #38
mostknownunknown

2010 Chevy Camaro SS

I have a 2010 Chevy Camaro SS with suspension problems of course...I wanted to know if purchasing the newly modeled Strut Mounts would make a difference in making the noise go away... I had all bolts tightened today only to have the same result with front suspension noise mainly on the passenger side...I hear a lot of complaints but hardly a few resolutions... If someone could give some insight please let me know...Thanks
Old 08-26-2013, 10:46 AM   #39
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Hey JusticePete- Thanks for all the info and pictures!

If y'all are having the clunking concern and want me to run your VIN for open service related items, I am here to help! PM your VIN and mileage.

Hey Blackswan- Are you clunk free?

Thanks!

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Last edited by Chevrolet Customer Svc; 08-26-2013 at 10:54 AM. Reason: mistake
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:10 AM   #40
mostknownunknown

Thumbs up Problem fixed

Well for all,the front suspension noise I was hearing come to find out it was my brake caliper bolts were loose from a mechanic who previously installed some brake pads on my vehicle... Problem fixed no noise at all car ride really good & quiet now...so with people having front end suspension noise you might want the dealership or a mechanic check to ensure all bolts are completely tightened down all the way...Boy I'm glad this problem is finally fixed.....
Old 09-10-2013, 10:03 PM   #41
lakersftbl69

Found out my noise is coming from the back while turning after installing lower springs full bushings kit and sways any ideas what it could be it wouldn't be the diff would it?
Old 09-18-2013, 04:53 PM   #42
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakersftbl69 View Post
Found out my noise is coming from the back while turning after installing lower springs full bushings kit and sways any ideas what it could be it wouldn't be the diff would it?
The solution is very similar to the front. Lay a wrench on every nut and bolt to double check they are tight. This is especially true with the endlinks.