Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 09-09-2008, 01:39 PM   #1
IROCZJEFF

Drives: 69Z 70Z 85IROC-Z 911LE 97 SS
2011 1LE CAMARO?

Who would be interested in purchasing a 2011 1LE Camaro? The 1LE package was a package that consisted of special front brakes, alumnium drive shaft, radio delete on some cars, roll up windows, special spare tire, baffled gas tank, fog light delete. These cars are pretty rare and were great track cars. Since everyone has been attacking my ideas latly regarding the Z/28 I figured a 1LE Camaro would be a great "IDEA"!!

Dragoneye, a 1LE Camaro was a raod racing package offered through GM on third and fourth generation Camaro's and firebirds. I wanted to make sure you had correct information.
IROCZJEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 02:00 PM   #2
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Base LS's with steelies and no RS will fill be like this one already.

Right now any other options are gonna cost them money. Best to just let suppliers ship and let the line build for a year. Then step back and re-evaluate things based on sales and just general shake out of the car.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 02:00 PM   #3
HOTCIVIC

Drives: Camaro
I didn't see anyone "attacking" your ideas. I think your ideas would be initiate a more well received response if you stopped stating opinions and then calling them facts.

I think a 1LE would be a very cool car, but it wouldn't sell very well with the general public. Only to the die-hard enthusiasts which are a small fraction in comparison to the general masses.
HOTCIVIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 02:03 PM   #4
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I'm well aware what the 1LE is. Thank you for making sure, though.

Right, now -- GM probably can't spare the investment for a niche vehicle...If they could find a buyer-base to support this type of Camaro...why not go for it?
Old 09-09-2008, 02:09 PM   #5
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
And the LS with steelies will smoke that car like a cheap cigar, respectfully. It's 106 more HP, it's 6 speed auto or manual, it's got curtain airbags, abs, asr, stabilitrack controlling 4 wheel balanced brake system. Etc etc..
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 02:39 PM   #6
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I don't think the base steelies are going to lend themselves to brakes the size on the SS models though.

I would prefer an SS over a 1LE as described here. Too hardcore. I'm looking for more of a cruiser with too much power

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 03:14 PM   #7
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I would leap on a 1LE if it came sooner. By the end of 2010, I intend to have a Camaro SS, but any performance package that GM can deliver is very welcome, especially for the V6. I want to see a V6 and a V8 supercharger kit available at release to make it a clear leader in the new pony car race.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 03:18 PM   #8
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by IROCZJEFF View Post
Who would be interested in purchasing a 2011 1LE Camaro? The 1LE package was a package that consisted of special front brakes, alumnium drive shaft, radio delete on some cars, roll up windows, special spare tire, baffled gas tank, fog light delete. These cars are pretty rare and were great track cars. Since everyone has been attacking my ideas latly regarding the Z/28 I figured a 1LE Camaro would be a great "IDEA"!!

Dragoneye, a 1LE Camaro was a raod racing package offered through GM on third and fourth generation Camaro's and firebirds. .
IROCZJEFF, A 1LE Camaro was initially an A/C delete option also. I wanted to make sure you had correct information.
Old 09-09-2008, 03:31 PM   #9
IROCZJEFF

Drives: 69Z 70Z 85IROC-Z 911LE 97 SS
I forgot about the A/C delete. Thanks for the headws up! Jeff
IROCZJEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 03:48 PM   #10
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Personally I think it's a good idea. The first cars were intended for racing only. As the years went on they started putting many of the 1LE parts in the B4C cars, and it kinda got watered down from there.
The SS is such a leap ahead of what we've previously had, I'd be content with some of those types of options and call it .... (to be continued
Old 09-09-2008, 03:58 PM   #11
UHP-CAMARO

Drives: Traded this for a 2013 ZL1
I want a Z-28 with these RPO Codes, B4C and 1LE.
UHP-CAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote