Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 10-12-2009, 07:19 PM   #29
vesi

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS 45th Anniv.
Send a message via AIM to vesi
So I could make the billing go to me, while my dad being the primary still?
Old 10-12-2009, 07:22 PM   #30
jrboyd_1980
A ***'s Headache

Drives: Everything
Think the bank would still send him the note to his address but you can do autodraft or request it with bank to go to you instead.
jrboyd_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:22 PM   #31
Coldpants
Nerdy one

Drives: #000000 & #FF8000 2010 Camaro
A cosigner is not a joint account. They do not even have to notify u of missed payments and can try to collect form the secondary before they try the primary. Being a cosigner can only negatively effect your credit. Just being on the loan increases you debt ratio and can lower your score.
Coldpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:23 PM   #32
Coldpants
Nerdy one

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrboyd_1980 View Post
Think the bank would still send him the note to his address but you can do autodraft or request it with bank to go to you instead.
I agree.."hands jrboyd a beer'
Old 10-12-2009, 07:26 PM   #33
CAM MAN

Drives: ALL 5 GEN CAMAROS
I got approved 3 weeks before my car came in and had my down payment in the bank
before I signed the papers. I wanted my camaro so bad I had everything line up and I did my research before Good Luck!!!!!!!
CAM MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:29 PM   #34
vesi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAM MAN View Post
I got approved 3 weeks before my car came in and had my down payment in the bank
before I signed the papers. I wanted my camaro so bad I had everything line up and I did my research before Good Luck!!!!!!!
They told me I had to be approved before they could order the car. Car was ordred and i get called 2 weeks later that i was denied. Car isn't even at 2000 yet.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:30 PM   #35
Coldpants
Nerdy one

You have time find a credit union all will be good.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:31 PM   #36
jrboyd_1980
A ***'s Headache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldpants View Post
A cosigner is not a joint account. They do not even have to notify u of missed payments and can try to collect form the secondary before they try the primary. Being a cosigner can only negatively effect your credit. Just being on the loan increases you debt ratio and can lower your score.
On the report, when it goes to auto loan you will either see a J (joint account) or a C (Co-signer) when they pull the credit.. It will help him establish credit. It doesn't only hurt him. I do this everyday man.. And I am damn good at my job. Just trust me on this one. I haven't become one of the more reputable dealers on this forum by giving out bad advice.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:35 PM   #37
Coldpants
Nerdy one

its a moot point because at 2000 he has time to find a credit union and get a loan most cut off at 500 so he should be fine.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:36 PM   #38
Coldpants
Nerdy one

Wait I didn't notice u were from Jersey. That is why you were not approved. Its the banks against stereotypes clause. j/k
Old 10-12-2009, 07:43 PM   #39
JohnInSoCal

Drives: RJT L99 500HP
has to be the bankrupcy, otherwise with a cosigner it should really be no problem. I cosigned for a car loan for my sister years back, ended up pretty much buying the car so I didn't get bad credit.
JohnInSoCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:12 PM   #40
mjlash22

Drives: 2007 Ford Fusion SE
First of all I’m sorry for saying; you were not very smart in letting them check your score before hand (or getting quotes, w/e it was you did). That hurts your score to begin with, the only time a credit check should be done is when the vehicle is on the lot and you are getting ready to finance it and take it home. I brought a copy of my credit report to my dealer as proof of my credit for the order. I told him I would go elsewhere if he wanted to check my report before the car was even there. Secondly, you should have known that bankruptcy would have affected your results with inquires. Having a bankruptcy on your record is a night and day difference for banks. Credit Union, as stated, will be your best bet now, but I think you will even have a hard time on that. Just know that every application for credit that you do hurts your score and chances of getting one.
3000 = Accepted By Production Control 1/7/10 (TPW: 2/1/10)
3400 = Broadcast 1/23/10
3800 = Produced 2/2/10 (2G1FC1EV6A9189068)
4150 = Invoiced 2/5/10
4200 = Shipped
5000 = Delivered To Dealer
6000 = Delivered To Customer
mjlash22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:30 PM   #41
jrboyd_1980
A ***'s Headache

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlash22 View Post
First of all I’m sorry for saying; you were not very smart in letting them check your score before hand (or getting quotes, w/e it was you did). That hurts your score to begin with, the only time a credit check should be done is when the vehicle is on the lot and you are getting ready to finance it and take it home. I brought a copy of my credit report to my dealer as proof of my credit for the order. I told him I would go elsewhere if he wanted to check my report before the car was even there. Secondly, you should have known that bankruptcy would have affected your results with inquires. Having a bankruptcy on your record is a night and day difference for banks. Credit Union, as stated, will be your best bet now, but I think you will even have a hard time on that. Just know that every application for credit that you do hurts your score and chances of getting one.

Having a dealership check your credit and it hurting it is a myth. You can check up to 3 to 4 times on the same type of purchase and it won't affect your score. Now if you have them check it for car purchase, and house purchase, and furniture etc.. 3 different types of purchases that will hurt your credit because that is seen as irresponsible spending
Old 10-12-2009, 08:39 PM   #42
vesi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlash22 View Post
I knew bankruptcy had an effect, its why i had a good co-signer. They informed me that i would definately need a co-signer and I'd be okay.

But it seems even with a co-signer it isn't good enough.