Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

SDTW Custom Wheels & Tires
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 12-16-2009, 07:21 PM   #1
Myothercarisafireengine

Drives: Red Jewel Tint 2SS
Camaro Falling Apart?????

Camaro Falling Apart?
Is anyone else sad because they feel like their Camaro is falling apart? I have been having multiple problems with mine. While, they all seem minor, they are adding up to me having to have my car in the shop what seems like twice a month.
I will list the things I have fixed and then list the things I am going to get fixed soon, as well as some things that I am not even sure they will fix. :o(
I brought my Camaro to the dealer to have the following done when it only had 4884 miles on it.
Left Rear tail lamp had so much water in it that I could have put goldfish in it..no kidding!
My Chevrolet emblems on the bottom of the door jams would not stay in place..they were peeling badly.
Driver’s side door speaker was rattling bad, so they reinstalled it basically.
The dealer also performed the recall listed as this “HVAC RPG, ENG HARNESS INSP, REAR SPO OPEN CAMPAIGN IN VIS” Performed Programming, code 992DA1
My tires were also not holding air, so I paid to put nitrogen in them and it seemed to do the trick..not sure how or why?
My steering wheel was never in alignment from day one, so I had to take it in to have them make it straight and realign the whole car to fix the steering wheel. I had this taken care of at 5000k miles because they forgot to do it at my first trip to the service department.
Now, I have the following, my car NEVER was the right color. It came two tone. The hood and fenders are a shade off of the car color. My car is RJT and I never noticed how bad it really was until I saw it on an overcast day. I have a friend who owns a body shop and all of his guys always comment on what a “crappy paint job my car has” That makes me feel wonderful. :o(
On the passenger side of the car, the bottom of the body is coming off., the passenger side material under the front wheel well is coming off…that’s right it is hanging down. :o(
There is a clunking sound in my truck that sounds like a loose bolt when you open and close it.
That is all I have for now, I am very sad..I have a lemon.
We bought an Equinox and a Chevrolet Suburban before this, and have never really had a problem. If I could get my money back I would. If you spend 40k on a car, it seems a bit much to have to bring it in every couple of weeks. To top it off, they no longer give rentals; instead you have to travel around in their van. Have you ever tried that with two kids in car seats? (yes I am a mom with child seats in my camaro)
I honestly think this will be the last GM car we purchase. I really love GM’s new slogan, “MAY THE BEST CAR WIN” Chevy, I must say this YOU LOSE! Or maybe I lose, I am the one stuck with a lemon.
I guess I am just really sad, because I have been watching this car forever. GM said they took three years to develop it because they wanted it to be bug less. I like the car and the concept, just hate the issue and the constant feeling that it is going to fall apart while I go down the road!
Does anyone know how long I have for a lemon? What is the time frame for lemon law?
Sorry to ramble…sad and frustrated, I should have bought the Subaru STI that my husband wanted, but no…I wanted the American Muscle Car…the one put together with duct tape.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:23 PM   #2
linkwpc
The punching cat

Drives: '10 Camaro SS Black W/Hugger&W/IOI
You just got a very unlucky one. Mine has some problems but its not so bad. Just get them fixed.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:27 PM   #3
01pewterz28
Camaro Junkie

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
3000 miles and no issues
Old 12-16-2009, 07:27 PM   #4
Myothercarisafireengine

I know, but are they going to repaint my entire car..it is so bad. I have owned many cars and have not felt this "had" over a car.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:27 PM   #5
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
Most of your problems are known on this forum and there pretty much easy fixes
Old 12-16-2009, 07:28 PM   #6
Myothercarisafireengine

01pewterz28,

I would guess because yours was later in the year and maybe they had more of the issues fixed?

We received ours in May, It was made in April
Old 12-16-2009, 07:29 PM   #7
Downwithopp

Drives: 2010 Black SS
The rattle noise in the trunk could be a screw from your spoiler coming loose. That was the only problem I had with mine.
Downwithopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 07:32 PM   #8
rharp

Drives: 2010 SVT Raptor/ 70 Chevelle SS 396
hang in there, everything will get fixed, all the bugs will be gone, and you will see that you bought a great car !
rharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 07:32 PM   #9
5thGenOwner

Drives: '10 SS & '15 FRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myothercarisafireengine View Post
Camaro Falling Apart?
Is anyone else sad because they feel like their Camaro is falling apart? I have been having multiple problems with mine. While, they all seem minor, they are adding up to me having to have my car in the shop what seems like twice a month.
I will list the things I have fixed and then list the things I am going to get fixed soon, as well as some things that I am not even sure they will fix. :o(
I brought my Camaro to the dealer to have the following done when it only had 4884 miles on it.
Left Rear tail lamp had so much water in it that I could have put goldfish in it..no kidding!
My Chevrolet emblems on the bottom of the door jams would not stay in place..they were peeling badly.
Driver’s side door speaker was rattling bad, so they reinstalled it basically.
The dealer also performed the recall listed as this “HVAC RPG, ENG HARNESS INSP, REAR SPO OPEN CAMPAIGN IN VIS” Performed Programming, code 992DA1
My tires were also not holding air, so I paid to put nitrogen in them and it seemed to do the trick..not sure how or why?
My steering wheel was never in alignment from day one, so I had to take it in to have them make it straight and realign the whole car to fix the steering wheel. I had this taken care of at 5000k miles because they forgot to do it at my first trip to the service department.
Now, I have the following, my car NEVER was the right color. It came two tone. The hood and fenders are a shade off of the car color. My car is RJT and I never noticed how bad it really was until I saw it on an overcast day. I have a friend who owns a body shop and all of his guys always comment on what a “crappy paint job my car has” That makes me feel wonderful. :o(
On the passenger side of the car, the bottom of the body is coming off., the passenger side material under the front wheel well is coming off…that’s right it is hanging down. :o(
There is a clunking sound in my truck that sounds like a loose bolt when you open and close it.
That is all I have for now, I am very sad..I have a lemon.
We bought an Equinox and a Chevrolet Suburban before this, and have never really had a problem. If I could get my money back I would. If you spend 40k on a car, it seems a bit much to have to bring it in every couple of weeks. To top it off, they no longer give rentals; instead you have to travel around in their van. Have you ever tried that with two kids in car seats? (yes I am a mom with child seats in my camaro)
I honestly think this will be the last GM car we purchase. I really love GM’s new slogan, “MAY THE BEST CAR WIN” Chevy, I must say this YOU LOSE! Or maybe I lose, I am the one stuck with a lemon.
I guess I am just really sad, because I have been watching this car forever. GM said they took three years to develop it because they wanted it to be bug less. I like the car and the concept, just hate the issue and the constant feeling that it is going to fall apart while I go down the road!
Does anyone know how long I have for a lemon? What is the time frame for lemon law?
Sorry to ramble…sad and frustrated, I should have bought the Subaru STI that my husband wanted, but no…I wanted the American Muscle Car…the one put together with duct tape.
I would definately look into the Lemon Laws. I love this car so much right now... that I hate you got one that doesn't seem to be put together well.

The color thing really sounds odd... from what I saw they paint the hood and body at the same time (dunno about fenders), there should be no difference in the paint color.

I assume you picked this off the lot, not preordered? I'm gettin at... I wonder about the dealer, never know what they might do, or try to pull. (no offense to the dealers on C5 )
Old 12-16-2009, 07:38 PM   #10
Myothercarisafireengine

No....I preordered mine! Waited a long time to get it..got it brand new zero miles.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:39 PM   #11
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Yeah, I'm wondering if they sold her a used car with low mileage or something of that nature. I don't know the circumstances under which she bought her vehicle. The dealerhsip may have pulled a fast one on her. If it wasn't R6P, the dealer could have said the car was new when it was not or something to that effect.

That answers that.

What VIN# do you have? It is possible your car was prematurely pushed through Quality Control just to get it out there.
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 07:40 PM   #12
mikel441

Drives: 2014 Sonic, 2010 Camaro SS
Don't expect to get much help on the paint job. I have already complained to GM and they aren't really interested in correcting mine. I haven't had any mechanical problems with mine. It's a rock. But, as I stated in an earlier post. For $30k-$40k. I would have hoped for a better quality paint job. At the very least a more durable one.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:42 PM   #13
Myothercarisafireengine

Last edited by Myothercarisafireengine; 12-17-2009 at 08:32 AM.
Myothercarisafireengine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 07:44 PM   #14
orosa_83

Drives: Summit White/Black 2LT RS
It sounds like it was in an accident...
orosa_83 is offline   Reply With Quote