Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-14-2021, 01:13 PM   #1
Redrockit

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS MT
Stabilitrak Competitive Mode Question

According to the posts I've been reading here, it is possible to set Stabilitrak to competitive mode (two short presses) which is a "reduced" mode, and also to completely turn the computer off. On my car, two presses shows competitive mode on the display, AND icons showing that both Stabilitrak and traction control are turned off. In other words, comp mode=everything off. Am I missing something?
Attached Images

Redrockit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 02:16 PM   #2
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
Hold the button for 8 seconds and TC turns off completely

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.
CamaroCracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 03:00 PM   #3
George-CZ

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 and 1978 STROKER 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroCracka View Post
This would also interest me.
What do each press turn off?

K&N CAI, Stainless Power longtubes, high flow cats, modified Ragazzon High Performance axle back, Soler Performance ported throttle body, Soler Performance throttle controller, RAM clutch adjuster, modified LS7 clutch kit, Tick Performance billet bearing support, Tick Performance remote bleeder, separate clutch reservoir, BMR trailing arms, BMR toe rods, Pedders Suspension cradle bushing inserts, Control Arm Bushings, Strut tower brace, oil catch can, Hurst T-handle shifter, 20mm wheel spacers, DBA brakes, QTP Cutouts, Dynosteve tune.
George-CZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 03:35 PM   #4
SIM GhostrdrZ

Drives: ‘14 Z/28 ‘14 ZL1 M6 vert
The owners/operators manual has a wealth of knowledge
Attached Images

SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 03:45 PM   #5
Redrockit

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS MT
OK thanks for the info. I still find it confusing that if Stabilitrak is still active in some limited mode, why the display icon saying "off" would be lit.
Redrockit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 03:52 PM   #6
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroCracka View Post
^^^^ This. Turns off traction control AND stabilitrac and you better know how to drive well if you have any upgraded power level, even stock HP can get ya into trouble pretty quickly, ask me how I know. lol. This is on my L99. Push the button once and it turns off traction control ONLY and leaves stabilitrac controled by the computer, push it twice quickly and it turns off stabilitrac ONLY and leaves traction control on, no burnouts in this one, hold BOTH down for about 8 secs as Cracka says and you will see both lights shown and you're on your own!! Have fun and be careful!! This is how my L99 works..
Old 10-14-2021, 04:09 PM   #7
kevint

Drives: 2013 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrockit View Post
OK thanks for the info. I still find it confusing that if Stabilitrak is still active in some limited mode, why the display icon saying "off" would be lit.
GM probably uses the same dash components across multiple models.
kevint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 05:16 PM   #8
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by George-CZ View Post
This would also interest me.
What do each press turn off?
You hold the button down and count to 8 Mississippi and all the nannies are disabled. I actually pull a couple fuses at the track so I don't have to think about holding the button and the line lock does not throw any ABS objections that way.

If I am driving on the street, I just leave the nannies in place in case I do something stupid. How the rest of the settings work, I could not tell you.

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.
CamaroCracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 05:32 PM   #9
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
FYI this also works on the 2010 V6 Camaro Auto
But of Course when in Manuel Mode you better know when to shift
or you will redline the Engine The Auto will not Shift in Manuel Mode till you tap a paddle
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 07:15 PM   #10
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderbuddy View Post
FYI this also works on the 2010 V6 Camaro Auto
But of Course when in Manuel Mode you better know when to shift
or you will redline the Engine The Auto will not Shift in Manuel Mode till you tap a paddle
Totally different thing than what is being discussed here. lol. We're talking traction control and stibilitrac, not the "manual" shift mode in the auto trans..
Old 10-15-2021, 08:01 PM   #11
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
Totally different thing than what is being discussed here. lol. We're talking traction control and stibilitrac, not the "manual" shift mode in the auto trans..
But I am talking about the Stabiltrac and Traction Control
FYI That hold down the buttons for 8-10 sec also Works on the V6's
My First part WAS FYI This Also Works For the 2010 V6 Auto, it's not just a V8 Thing
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 10:28 PM   #12
Badbubba
GrINned & JUICEd

Drives: 15STI, 10Expy, 10 2SS/RS M6, 47KB1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrockit View Post
According to the posts I've been reading here, it is possible to set Stabilitrak to competitive mode (two short presses) which is a "reduced" mode, and also to completely turn the computer off. On my car, two presses shows competitive mode on the display, AND icons showing that both Stabilitrak and traction control are turned off. In other words, comp mode=everything off. Am I missing something?
2 taps will put you in competitive mode. The TC will be lit on the 1st tap, stabilitrac will not be lit. Second press stabilitrac will be lit, TC will not be lit. Long hold the button, 8 to 10 seconds, and both will be lit. If both are coming on for you with 2 taps, something is wrong. Or at least different than mine. Post #4 is interesting. Anyways, 95% of the time, I long hold and drive with all the nannies turned off.
GPI SS3 Cam & stuff,N.O. Plate(dedicated fuel tank,progressive,fuel hose upgrade,remote opener,heater,console switches),LNC2000,CTAP,ARH 1 7/8" LTs/gutted cats/X pipe/mufflers,Jet Hot coated LTs,GPI HPT Tune,CAI, Scoop,Rx Catch Can,Gates heater hose relocation, Remote clutch & auto brake res,Metco loop,Momentum Tunnel Brace,TSW Nurb 18",555 & 05,Pfadt trailing arms & toe rods,Autometer WB,Fesler Pillar Pod,LED strips (int),Lloyds floor & trunk mats,LED DRL/front turn & license plate,DRL harness,VLEDs tail lights,Plasticoat Bowties. Ord: Oct 5, 2009 Rec: Nov 19, 2009 13.17@112.6 stock

Last edited by Badbubba; 10-17-2021 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Added 8 to 10 seconds
Badbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 11:58 PM   #13
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
^^^^ This. Turns off traction control AND stabilitrac and you better know how to drive well if you have any upgraded power level, even stock HP can get ya into trouble pretty quickly, ask me how I know. lol. This is on my L99. Push the button once and it turns off traction control ONLY and leaves stabilitrac controled by the computer, push it twice quickly and it turns off stabilitrac ONLY and leaves traction control on, no burnouts in this one, hold BOTH down for about 8 secs as Cracka says and you will see both lights shown and you're on your own!! Have fun and be careful!! This is how my L99 works..
Lol no shit. First time I tried it i was skeptical the nannies were all the way gone… went to an empty parking lot and slid it sideways for a good 50-60 yards controlling the steering with the accelerator pedal, and rolling smoke off the tires. I had my hands full a little more than I expected. I was glad to know that you can make the nannies fully disappear if you want.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 07:48 AM   #14
TheFlyingBananaSS
Evil Genius of Chevrolet

Drives: 2017 Z06, 2019 XTS, 2013 SS
Sounds like the car is broken. Send to me, I fix.

Some misinformation in this thread about getting into competitive mode. Be careful out there guys.
GPI SS2 VVT cam, ECS Novi 1500 supercharger, Corsa Extreme, Detroit Speed and BMR suspension, Circle D triple disc, Melling oil pump, LS2 chain tensioner, ATI 10% UD, DSX E85 kit, High Energy coils, BTR springs, LS2 Lifter trays, Titanium retainers, hardened push rods, FIC 1000 injectors, ZL1 pump, Mighty Mouse catch can, AEM gauges, Tial BOV, Richmond 3.91 gears, Custom gauge bezels, Speed Engineering headers, Stainless Works HF cats, DSX Aux pump, 710rwhp on E85.
TheFlyingBananaSS is offline   Reply With Quote