Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 11-20-2013, 12:44 AM   #1
Hellfighter

Drives: 2013 Black ZL1
Removing Bird Poo / Markings / Detailing.

So i recently got my Zl1 and i washed it very well with a 2200 PSI Pressure washer, along with a Foam Cannon from Autogeek that attaches to the Pressure washer, Did the double Bucket rinse and a separate bucket for the rims, So when the car was "considered clean" to the normal daily driving folks, i noticed that there are burned in bird poo marks on my black zl1 on the carbon fiber insert , another on the roof near the moonroof, and another on the hood, The hood one looks bad, But i will be wrapping my hood and trunk so that is not an issue, My issue how can i remove the swirls and bird poo to make it look sexy brand new, without destroying huge ammounts of clear coat to where i need to worry about burning paint. I do have a "Dual Action 7424xp Porter Cable. I got me some Polishing and Compound from Chemical Guys and a Sealant Wax, it's not a wax wax that you would call but called a sealant, so not sure if i need to wax on top of it cause i do have meguiars wax polish compound kit as well. I will take a few pics in morning to show what i mean, the car is loaded to the bone with bedded in rain spots and i mean i see the white and gray circle dust from the rain on the car just sticking to it... I mean holy crap i dont think this car was ever waxed..... makes me feel so bad. I need a entire weekend to some how fix it. So i need some good tips and or tutorials on removing the bird crap / bad swirls / super nasty rain spots, and clearing up the windshield removing swirls and rain spots from it.

Updated.

Here are the pictures. Car is still dirty but the rain drops when i drag my finger through them it feels like a ring of gunk dirty and sandy like feeling that stops at end of the rain ring. The Windshield is hard to tell or see through but the swirls are there, along with like little dots all over, not sure what that is. And i took a picture of the roof of the bird stain but little harsh to see due to the rain spots, same with the carbon fiber inlay.

Last edited by Hellfighter; 11-20-2013 at 01:16 PM.
Hellfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:18 AM   #2
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
I don't believe that there are swirls on the window, try a razor blade with lubricant like stoners invisible glass, but keep the razor blade flat on the surface and don't put it on its edge or bad things will happen
AmericanMuscleCars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:21 AM   #3
POWERMAN

Drives: '13 Charger Sxt+
Claying + Cleaner wax with a light polishing pad seems to the trick for me when it comes to hard water spots.

If it doesnt help with the bird poop stains, you will have to try light polishing before moving onto a compound (last resort).

Be sure to properly seal the car once you finish...even better if you follow up with a wax application after a few days.

I do not have experience with chemical guys.
POWERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:13 AM   #4
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanMuscleCars View Post
I don't believe that there are swirls on the window, try a razor blade with lubricant like stoners invisible glass, but keep the razor blade flat on the surface and don't put it on its edge or bad things will happen
Windows can have scratches and you can polish them out if you are so inclined, but it's much harder to do than paint although possible with any D/A

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:15 AM   #5
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfighter View Post
So i recently got my Zl1 and i washed it very well with a 2200 PSI Pressure washer, along with a Foam Cannon from Autogeek that attaches to the Pressure washer, Did the double Bucket rinse and a separate bucket for the rims, So when the car was "considered clean" to the normal daily driving folks, i noticed that there are burned in bird poo marks on my black zl1 on the carbon fiber insert , another on the roof near the moonroof, and another on the hood, The hood one looks bad, But i will be wrapping my hood and trunk so that is not an issue, My issue how can i remove the swirls and bird poo to make it look sexy brand new, without destroying huge ammounts of clear coat to where i need to worry about burning paint. I do have a "Dual Action 7424xp Porter Cable. I got me some Polishing and Compound from Chemical Guys and a Sealant Wax, it's not a wax wax that you would call but called a sealant, so not sure if i need to wax on top of it cause i do have meguiars wax polish compound kit as well. I will take a few pics in morning to show what i mean, the car is loaded to the bone with bedded in rain spots and i mean i see the white and gray circle dust from the rain on the car just sticking to it... I mean holy crap i dont think this car was ever waxed..... makes me feel so bad. I need a entire weekend to some how fix it. So i need some good tips and or tutorials on removing the bird crap / bad swirls / super nasty rain spots, and clearing up the windshield removing swirls and rain spots from it.
You need to Compound and polish the whole car, you aren't going to take much clear off with the porter cable.

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 01:16 PM   #6
Hellfighter

Drives: 2013 Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
You need to Compound and polish the whole car, you aren't going to take much clear off with the porter cable.
Thanks .